Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on November 14, 2011
Microwave MCO165UW over heats and turns off. First week had repairman out, ordered parts, after 3 weeks Magic Chef still had not sent parts, sent them 2 day. Repairman came back out and replaced parts. Still overheated. Magic Chef said heat water if it does not turn off it works like it is suppose to. Cannot steam vegetables, cook baked potatoes and so forth. Who buys a microwave just to heat water? Do yourself a favor and NEVER BUY Magic Chef.
on October 5, 2010
Our last microwave worked for over twenty-five years so we were surprised when this one gave up the ghost just after the warranty ended. After some investigation, we discovered that they stop working if you're lucky. If you're not lucky, they'll burn the house down.

Don't buy this product under any circumstances.
on September 11, 2010
I bought a house that has a Magic Chef model mco160UW. I find that the turntable only works part of the time. Seeing the bad reviews on this unit I have decided that buying a new one instead of repairing would be the wiser choice.
on July 16, 2010
I've had this mic for just over a year, and as with others, it just started turning on by itself this week. Fire hazard! Thank God I was home the first time it did it. It's 2.30am and it just woke me up by coming on again. Spooky to say the least, dangerous to say the most. I can't keep it plugged in anymore, and I assume, based on others' experience that I'm reading online, that it is no longer safe and I will have to get rid of it. What a rip off.
on December 5, 2009
Just like with the previous reviewer, this microwave worked well until it didn't work at all. It started turning itself on and then the keypad stopped working. Since we had bought the house with the microwave, we didn't have the info we needed to return it but on the instruction manual, the previous owner wrote that it was installed in 2008 and the oven stopped working at the end of 2009. The manufacture date on the unit said December 2007 so it was less than 2 years old.
on August 1, 2011
DON'T BUY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not worth it. Died after a little over one year's use. When I called to complain, they did nothing but give me the number to a local service center that wanted to charge $100 just to show up to look at it, plus parts and tax. I'll be doing my research and spending the extra money for something that isn't a complete throw-away.
on October 21, 2011
we still have this microwave, the price was good and it does work. We've had it about 3 or 4 years, had it repaired once during the warranty time. The biggest problem is it is very, very loud. Not quite as bad as when you run your mixer, but very close. If you've ever had an over the stove microwave before and turned on the fan that is the level of the sound. We had a GE for many years until it died. It had a lot of features I really miss. I'm sure other brands have some of these as well. One feature I used frequently on my GE was the reminder. I could set it to ring at anytime during the day. So that if I had an appointment to go to it would remind it when it was time to get ready. This microwave has a timer, but if you use the microwave it interupts the timer, so I basically never use it. All it takes is my husband warming up a cup of tea and I've lost the time. Still, I can live without a reminder and my stove has a timer so I can use that instead. The real reason I hate this is the sound. I'm 55 and we've owned several microwaves and used many others. I've NEVER heard one so loud. We'll keep this one until it dies just because it does work, and it is a pain to install these microwaves. I'd recommend you buy ANY other brand.
on July 17, 2011
I was laughing when I read the reviews, the same exact thing happen to us, we just bought a new condo and the microwave came with it. I started thinking that may be the house was haunted or something. The control panel stopped working and the microwave start by itself and stop by itself. Stay away from this microwave you'll waste your money.
on January 25, 2012
We moved into a house that already had the MCO160UW microwave oven installed. After a few months the microwave would stop working and then randomly run on by its self for 3 minutes and 30 seconds. After deciding the microwave needed to be replaced for safety reasons we looked for another. We purchased one with the same length and width but after installing it realized the adjacent cabinet door wouldnt open since it is at an angle due to the microwave sticking out too far from the wall. The standard size is 16'deep and up. Anything over 15' deep will stick out too far for the cabinet to open and the ONLY microwave available anywhere with 14.9' depth was this one. We desperately needed a new microwave so decided to give this same model, MCO160UW, a second try it failed again after 1 week of use. It will not run longer than 1 minute and 30 seconds at a time until it shuts off. In order to use it again you must wait a few minutes for it to turn back on. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT.
on December 22, 2011
Mounting an over the range microwave is a pain. The price is not worth replacing the unit every 10-11 months. Buy something else.