Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: OXO Good Grips Batter Bowl
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Package Quantity: 1|Size: A|Change

VINE VOICEon April 25, 2009
This bowl is exactly what I was looking for. It is sturdy, has a non-skid bottom, the handle is wide and padded so it's easy to hold onto, and the size (2 quarts) is just right for mixing a moderate amount of ingredients. I just hate it when a bowl "takes off" across the counter, spilling contents everywhere, when you are trying to whip ingredients or stir vigorously. This one won't. I sure wish their 5 quart model had the same handle.
11 comment| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2009
Great bowl, great size. Very ergonomical and it even has a line up the inside near the handle with red-colored measurings so I can see how much of what I have in there. Worth it!
on February 19, 2009
I have always been pleased with any OXO products I have bought over the years.They hold up well and are sturdy.This bowl is worth the money and very functional.
on March 8, 2010
I was looking for a bowl that my young son could use when he helped me make pancakes. This is the perfect solution as it grips the counter well. I like it too. What's strange is that I had it in my Cart ready to purchase from Amazon.com but happened to visit my local Target only to find the same bowl for $2.98!! I thought that it couldn't be the same bowl but when I brought it home and compared the Product Info, the only difference appears to be that the measurement marks on the inside of the bowl are blue on the Target version (red on the Amazon.com version).
33 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2012
First, I will state that OXO has always made nothing but high quality products.

Unfortunately this mixing bowl appears to have a design flaw related to the width of the bowl. The narrowness of the bowl means the depth of the bowl is deeper than normal. When using my hand mixer, I find that to reach and mix the food at the very bottom of the bowl causes the food to rise to the very tops of the mixing blades where they enter the main body of the mixer.

I must watch very carefully when performing this maneuver to ensure I don't end up clogging the appliance itself.

Making the bowl somewhat wider would solve this problem.
33 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2010
Excellent mixing bowl. Non skid surface keeps it in place. Convenient handle makes mixing and pouring easy. And it has measurement indicators on the inside. Durable and dishwasher safe.

This bowl is SO much better than the pyrex bowl I used to use to stir up pancake/waffle batter. I don't know how we survived without it!

If you are even thinking about it, do it. You won't be sorry. It looks a little big when you get it, but that actually works to it's advantage when mixing stuff.
on February 22, 2010
I love everything about this bowl. It stays put on the counter - no sliding around. The handle makes it super easy to hold and pour. The overall design, the bowl is deep with those nice high walls so ingredient don't come flying out. I noticed too that the electric mixer has an easier time mixing all the ingredients unlike some bowls where there are spots it can't get too very easily and you have to stop and stir. And my favorite thing about it, it cleans up so easily!
on May 16, 2010
Needing a large batter bowl for pancakes, cookie & cake mixing, and biscuits, etc, I have found a perfect bowl. The non-skid bottom & handle are the best ideas in a while. The measurement markings inside the bowl are very clear & easy to use. I really enjoy using this bowl. The Super Saver Shipping is wonderful. I have enjoyed other OXO products in the past & expect to use more OXO in the future.
on December 14, 2013
Sorry, I have to disagree with all the five star reviews here. First of all, the bowl is a bit tippy. I should have guessed from the photo that the rounded bottom would make it look like a Weeble. But, that's a nitpick, not a major flaw.

The worst thing is that after using a few times, the place where the handle attaches to the bowl developed a crack. Soon the handle broke right off.
on January 30, 2014
This bowl gets my low rating due to the fact that it easily tips! Seriously? A mixing bowl that tips over if you're not careful? I wonder what was going on in the head of the guy who designed this. Don't waste your money.