Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 15, 2015
This is a nice, decent quality bead filled wrist rest here on Amazon. I used the Imark for years and it flattened out eventually and needed to be replaced. I tried to simply buy that one again but it's been significantly reduced in sized and cheapened by using the same thin material on both sized of the cushion. This HandiStands on the other hand is still full sized, packed full with beads and uses a different material on the botton to keep the cushion from sliding around. Neither is quite as good as the original Imak but this HandStands comes the closest. The HandiStand is on the left, the original Imak on the right and the new Imak on the bottom right. The choice is clear if you want a full sized cushion.
on December 4, 2010
When I first got it my impressions were: "Wow, this is well made!" and "Man this thing is too stiff!". I don't know what the makers of this were thinking but the cushion sticks up way to high and is much to firm. It's so firm in fact, that it actually cuts circulation off to your hand. So what's the easiest solution to fix this? Take some beads out! It's actually really easy, just cut a small slit into the seam area (you don't have to do it perfectly) and squeeze out the beads. Check my included image that is on the Amazon page for this item (Handstands 55510 Add-A-Pad Wrist Cushion). It should give you an idea of how much you could take out for a really nice height and softness. You could take out more if you'd like, test it out as you go! Once you are done taking out the beads just get a needle and thread and sew it back. I had very little sewing experience and it was quite easy. Just do a google search on how to sew with a needle if you aren't sure exactly how you should do it.

I've given it four stars because it should be much softer in the first place, but after you modify it a little bit it's quite wonderful! (takes about 10 minutes). The cushion is softer, my hand is getting blood, and I'm happy. :) :D
on November 18, 2009
I'd been using an all-in-one mouse pad with gel wrist rest, but lately my wrist has been hurting more. This is a really nice, soft pad. You can use it on either side: a very soft (grey) side and a slightly firmer (black) side. Both sides are softer and more comfortable than my old rest.

Although it doesn't have any grip on the bottom, it doesn't slide around on the desk. It seems to be well made, and the instructions say you can hand wash it, so I'm hoping this pad will be around for a while. I like this pad so well I just ordered the keyboard version!
on October 28, 2010
As other reviewers have commented, this wrist pad is a little too thick when it first arrives. I found if I worked with it, squashing it around for a while, it flattened out enough to fit my wrist perfectly.

The cushion is shaped differently from what is pictured; it is more an hourglass shape.

Having a choice of two different sides (a very soft gray side and a firmer black side) is a nice plus.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my purchase and recommend this item.
on September 27, 2009
I got this for home as support for my wireless mouse use but when my shoulder hurt i bought to work with me. It was the best thing i did. It cushioned my wrist and made it soft so there was no needless movement on my part. I would definitly recommend it. And its cheap so it makes it all the more better. I plan to get another one.
on March 1, 2011
These cushions are awesome at first ... but half of them started leak beads through the grey material, just above the tag. We bought 10 for the office, 5 started leaking, all in the same place. Material is just to thin or loosely wound or something.
on December 17, 2014
This is just perfect for me. I noticed a lot of other reviewers mentioned it being too high for their comfort, however, I did not experience that issue. It is comfortable
on February 9, 2012
There is no way this is comfortable when using with a mouse by default since it is ....too high, too thick, whatever you call it, when I put my hand on this, my hand have to bend down to grab the mouse and I can barely grab it and it is not a comfortable position.

Taking out some of the material inside is definitely required.
review image review image
on December 11, 2012
I have been using this item since Jan 2012 and it is Dec 2012 now. I read various reviews on how this product supposedly comes apart at the seems and bleeds beads or is too packed...I haven't had ANY problems with the beads bleeding or with it being too packed. I've used the gel wrist pads in the past and those things have always hurt my wrist. Part of that had to do with the fact that the gel wrist pad and mouse pad were inseparable and so I couldn't place the wrist pad where it was comfortable on my arm. With this, I can place it about an inch and a half away from my wrist joint and it is PERFECT!
on August 18, 2011
At work I have a wrist rest that fits on the edge of the desk - something I forced them to get since our desks were sharp edged. It's kind of firm and uncomfortable but it is MUCH better than the sharp edge of my desk.

At home I've been using a gel wrist rest and mouse-pad combo for a very long time. It works well, too, and although my desk at home it rounded, it is still sharpish.

I just bought a large, gaming-based mouse pad. I gave my little gel-pad to the boy. I was enjoying my new gaming mouse on my new gaming mouse pad. Life was good

It was good, right up until I started getting a large, dug-in welt on my arm from the edge of my desk.

I had a choice... take back the gel padded tiny mouse pad from a bitter 15 year old or enjoy my large gaming pad - and find something on which I would rest my wrist.

After much deliberation I chose this particular cushion. It was cheap and my hope was that it would preform at least as well as my recent 'memory foam' keyboard rest, i.e. it won't hurt as bad as not having it and it won't leak gelatinous crap all over my desk.

----- The real review ------------------------------------------

So, I got this concave, two-sided bean bag.

First, the fill is perfect for me. It's firm and supportive. Let me also point out:

**The shape is different than the picture and it's a good thing!** It's shaped similar to the photo but it's more a bone shape which means you can flip it and still have a concave edge - this means you get a full area for your mouse during use no matter which side you prefer.

The soft side it my favorite, although the sheer side is fine and reminds me of standard gel style pads. The soft side is so unlike other pads, though; very comfortable and it wicks away sweat during furious gaming. It's also hand washable, so that sweat doesn't fester and congeal.

All in all a great purchase. Comfortable, positionable (unlike attached gel pads) and washable, this guy is very well worth the (slight) cost.