Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on December 27, 2012
I first found these a couple of years ago. We needed an easy way to keep track of the earbuds for an iphone. This is still the best way I've found to keep track of the earbuds. Stuffing them into a case is not reasonable; wrapping them around the iphone/ipod and stuffing the mess into your pocket just leads to a fair amount of time sorting things out.

The design allows you to keep place the jack on your earbuds on one end of the "core"; wrap the cord* around the center; and then lock it in place on the other end. Even if you completely unwind your earbuds, the core stays attached. It is important to take the cords all the way to the center of the core.

If you look at some of the other cord management devices, they're quite a bit bigger or less convenient to use. And more expensive.

One of the reviewers talked about the problem w/the microphone tab on an iphone earbud set. I find that I can attach the core just after the jack; wind until just before the microphone; put the cord into the far end of the core (making sure to take it all the way to the center); and then slip the wires for the two ear buds into the same slot. Yes, you have a loop that hangs out there -- but they don't tangle.

I regularly use plain earbuds w/an ipod. I don't find these cores too heavy to use w/my nano.
on December 29, 2014
Okay. Some of my cords are too large to easily fit in the beginning and ending slots. The volume adjuster doesn't wrap around well and is awkwardly sticking out. I think I'll use them for miscellaneous cords around the house, but will keep looking for a better solution.
on January 15, 2013
First shock when I got these... There was three in a box. OK should read the description next time, but for the price I was impressed.

Second, these are a pretty great addition to any "normal" set of headphones. I try to constantly keep mine from getting tangled but have never found anything that did it well.

I recommend these if you are looking for an easy way to manage your headphones that aren't super expensive.
on October 2, 2011
This little piece of plastic will organize your iphone headphone cords neatly. It is a little apple core and perfect for putting in your purse, travel bag, etc. It is inexpensive and does the job. It comes in many colors. I bought the pack and gave two of the three to my friends. They think it is the most useful thing EVER! So do I.
on May 27, 2011
These are great for keeping your iPod headphones untangled, but not as good for the iPhone ones. The iPhone headphones have the Microphone/Control button stick on them, and so they don't wrap around as neatly as the iPod ones do. I'm also afraid that the wires are going to get pulled out of the control button because of the way they get wrapped around.
on July 19, 2010
This product is better than just throwing cords together to get tangled. It's pretty straightforward to use. I just have two minor complaints:
1. The holes to secure the cord at either end are a little small - my favorite set of headphones doesn't fit at all and others are a tight fit - I wouldn't want to put them in and out often.
2. It's a little heavy to hang off the cord while you're using it. With some earbuds it pulls them out of my ears.
If I had it to do over again I'd probably get a different type, but these do their job reasonably well and I'm not unhappy with them.
on December 27, 2012
I got these to use with my ipod at the gym and frankly, they're not the best. I thought they were flat, but they are not and for me, too bulky and you have to wrap the wires around too many times. I need to get the cheapo fishy ones.
on May 3, 2012
We spotted these at our local Batteries Plus store and bought a small and a medium. They weren't prepackaged like you see on Amazon, so it was easy to get the colors and sizes we wanted by picking them out of a bin. The small worked great for my iPhone charger. I'm going back for more. I believe they are unrelated to Apple, but the design is just as good as Apple products.
on July 16, 2012
These things a REALLY cheap. I don't mean that in a bad way but at their current price it's a pretty great deal. They work as promised and they do the job pretty well. They are not soft and are actually pretty firm but do allow for some bending in the middle. I've bought about 9 of these for various types of cables but for my earbuds they work alright. There are better choices out there but if your just looking for something cheep then these will do the trick.
on February 25, 2010
I wished I'd picked a softer cord wrapper--I thought these would be great but they're so firm, I'd really have to pull hard on my earphone cord to get it in the grooves. And I wont yank on cords like that.