Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 14, 2012
I bought 4 pairs and wear them regularly. They're sharp looking and incredibly comfortable. I think it's the best designed waistband of its type and I'd definitely get another pair with this feature again. One problem related to materials or workmanship, however. The fabric at the top of the belt loops is fraying. I posted a "customer image" user photo on the product main page so you can see exactly what I mean. The only solution, really, is to snip this back with scissors. But it's a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.
review image
22 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2015
The pictures here should say it all. I bought some 'Dockers Premium' D4 permanent crease, no-iron pants at Costco about 4 years ago. Those are on the right, 4 years and about 75 washes and dries later. I purchased these Dockers D4 permanent crease, no-iron pants here at Amazon last week. Those are on the left, ONE wear and ZERO washes later!!! The crease has completely disappeared!!! What a joke. Will never trust Dockers again.

Incidentally, when you type "Dockers Premium D4 Flat Front" into the search bar at Amazon, these are what you get.

For anyone who wishes to try to find the original D4 premium permanent crease version of this pant, good luck. They were made in Bangladesh and these are made in China. If you do happen to know where I can find some, please message me in comments. Thanks!
review image review image
on July 14, 2014
I'm a customer of Dockers for over 20 years now and I have been wearing D4 in the last 10 years.

When I got my order this time (May 2014) I noticed two visible changes:
1. The pockets curl out more than the previous D4s I have and by this they expose a white liner inside the black pants.
Dockers could have chosen a different color of fabric for the pocket liner and could have expanded the flap of black further in.
2. The comfort band that provides the expanding waist line, seemed more elegant than previous D4s.

After one month of use, two pairs I bought show the same failure - the left-hand front pocket has ripped off at the waist line.

When I compare the way the top of the pocket is joined between a pair of D4 pants I ordered on 2012 and the current D4 pants the failure seems quite obvious - the top of the pocket is held by a single seam to the bottom of the waist and is covered by fabric only on the outside.
In the older D4 the pocket is sandwiched by the inner and outer layers of the waist line.

It is strange the left hand pocket broke first - it carries little less the tissues, while the heavier load (keys) is in my right hand pocket and therefore more frequently used.

The only explanation I could think of was the cell phone pouch that I wear on the same spot somehow protected the pocket from ripping off its seam.

This is quite sad - so far I enjoyed Dockers D4 Khakis and their manufacturing quality and I hope they find a way to overcome this design or manufacturing problem.

Sigh

< Update after I got the replacement pants sent by Amazon >
Same problem with same pockets, apparently there is a problem with these pants which did not show up in the older D4s.
Sic transit gloria Dockers
on February 14, 2014
I was excited for these pants as my old pair of Dockers had finally started to wear out. They were comfortable and arrived quickly. I wore them once, washed them once, and the morning of the second day wearing them I reached into my left pocket to check my phone like I do 1000 times a day with all of my pants. The pocket began to rip away from the rest of the pants. Of course I was at work and did not have a spare pair so I dealt with it for the day. It ripped more and more as the day went on. This is unacceptable for any brand of pants. This pair is now on their way back to Amazon and I will have to find other pants now.
33 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2011
PLEASE CONTACT DOCKERS TO BRING BACK D4 RELAXED FIT KHAKIS!!!

For many years, I have been a loyal Dockers fan. They provide quality pants with a variety of consistent fits, D4 relaxed fit in my case, at reasonable prices.

Over the last several months, the selection of D4's has virtually disappeared.

Calling Dockers online, they acknowledged that the remaining lines of D4's, only 2 at this point, have been discontinued. I was told by a customer service representative that the demand for this fit was inadequate to maintain the style.

PLEASE HELP WILL BRING THEM BACK!
44 comments|19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2011
My husband has been using Dockers for years for his work pants. He has many pairs of 36/29 that are just getting worn. We ordered 3 pairs of these and they were all too small and each one fit differently then the next. We sent them back and ordered the D3's instead. Hopefully they will fit better than the D4's.
on January 16, 2015
The pants are made of pretty good material. I've had some Dockers who's stitching is suspect, but these seem like they will hold up. I've owned them for a bit over 6 months and they're still going strong with lots of usage.

The one rather big con is that the whites in the pockets do show up. I can hide it most of the time because I'm usually sitting while interacting with others, have a hand or two in the pockets, or approaching people from the front. I prefer the comfort these provide over this negative, so it's not a big deal.
on June 22, 2015
My husband purchased these pants in April. He has worn them maybe 3-4 times (to his office/desk job). This morning, when he put them on, he noticed that the side pocket has a rip that is at least 2" long. We have no idea how it happened, but he hasn't done anything unusual in, or with, these pants (certainly nothing that should cause such a substantial rip). He has owned many Docker's pants, and has never had a pair of Docker's deteriorate like these have. Unfortunately, this seller only offers 30 days to return, so we are stuck with ripped pants. Very disappointed with these pants.

The pants DO look and feel nice. Unfortunately, they just are not durable.
on November 3, 2014
The fabric is soft -- and maybe that's the problem. It's 52% cotton 48% polyester. My previous D4's had a higher cotton content.

I wore 1 pair once -- and the left pocket already has ripped 1 inch at the waist (like another reviewer noted). And the stitching at both the crotch and the seat has started to pull and reveal white fabric underneath (apparently the fabric is not dyed all the way through). It's as if the fabric has no strength.

I thought, maybe it's just this one pair, I'll try another. Well, wore another pair for 2 hours -- and the seat and crotch are pulling apart just like the first pair.

Mine are going back to Amazon. Pants are supposed to last more than a day!
on November 24, 2014
Don't even bother looking at these pants. This company has gone down the drain with their quality. I have on at least eight pairs and every single one has ripped, torn, or falling apart within either the first day or two weeks. Save your money and don't even bother considering this clothing company anymore.