Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 14, 2010
I ordered this shirt knowing it was %100 cotton, knowing it would shrink a little. I received the shirt relatively fast, but when taking it out of the box I noticed it was a rather large, large. I normally wear a large shirt, but this was abnormally big. I thought washing it would make it fit better, however it just made it a little rougher, but still big. Also, the sleeveless sleeves seem to stick out a like little wings almost, since it being so large and all. I guess if I were to offer any advice, I'd say if you normally wear a large, you might be better off ordering a Medium. Hope this helps!
77 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 2, 2010
I bought one of these for weight training workouts and like them so much I bought a couple more. They are very comfortable and seem sturdy. It's a personal preference, but I also like the way the cap sleeves look, as compared to a normal sleeveless "muscle shirt." I also use them when I do yoga and they do not bind like a normal short sleeve shirt will. Great shirts, recommended.
on May 22, 2014
I don't like polyester blends, so that's why I ordered this shirt which is described twice in the description as cotton and then 100% cotton. It took a couple weeks to get the shirt and when I opened the package I could feel that it wasn't all cotton. Checked the tag, and sure enough 50% Polyester/ 50% cotton. I'm sending it back and won't order any more clothing from Amazon. This is the 2nd time I've received a polyester blend article of clothing that was described as "all cotton". Disappointed in you Amazon. You need to ride closer herd on your suppliers, they are damaging your reputation.
VINE VOICEon July 16, 2009
Soon as I got this out of the box, I loved the way it felt. I bought it because of the Champion name brand but also because it is 100% cotton. I do a lot of distance running and I prefer the feel of cotton to synthetic fibers.

When I tried it on, the cotton felt durable and high quality. I bought an x-large and the tank fit nicely on me. The real litmus test, however, is how the thing feels after a good run. At the moment I am typing this review, I had just ran 6 1/2 miles.

Gotta say that I absolutely loved how comfortable the cotton feels on my body, it soaked up my sweat nicely. So overall the tank felt nice and looked good on me. Soon I will be ordering a couple more for my work outs. Love it!
on May 13, 2014
I'm a 5'9" and 230 pounds gym rat. I normally buy XXL in Ts. I bought five of these shirts because I love the style and they are impossible to find in stores. Upon delivery I tried on the shirt and loved the fit. I then ran the Ts through the washer and dryer. If there was any shrinkage at all, it may have been in the overall length (maybe a half-inch). There was no noticeable shrinkage around the body or shoulders.

One reason I love the style is that the raglan shoulders, the cap sleeves and the oversized armholes allow a complete range of motion with no possibility of any constriction. My description of the armholes as oversized shouldn't be a deterrent. For the most part your arm is in front of the armhole and it's size is never noticeable.

The raglan sleeves are made with an unusual level of quality with three lines of stitching as opposed to the lowest quality Ts with only a single line of stitching. The collar has tape sewn over the seam so there's no abrasion. The material is a midweight 100% cotton.

I'm 5'9", not particularly tall, and the T-shirt seems a bit long on me but I have no problem with that. I much prefer having a longer T-shirt than one that's too short. I'm sure the world has no desire to see how much of my stomach sticks out above my shorts. Certainly, anyone taller than me will will have no problems with the length of the shirt.

All in all, it's a great workout shirt.
on May 7, 2013
Many reviews of this item complain about sizing differences, shrinking after washing, etc. Here's my experience :

Under the assumption that the complainers were right, I played it safe and ordered 3 XLs & 2 Ls, figuring i could use the Ls at home & XLs to play basketball (i like a looser fit when balling).

After 1 heavy-duty wash & 1.5hrs in a tumble dryer at high heat, there was hardly any shrinkage.
The Ls just fit over my shoulder where it meets the upper part of my arm.
The XL juts out about 1 inch beyond the same point on either side of my shoulder/arm, which is perfect for playing basketball.

For measurement references, my distance between one shoulder edge (where the upper arm meets the shoulder with the upper arm hanging loosely by the side) to the other is 17in using a straight line rule at the shortest point between the 2 shoulder edges, i.e. _NOT_ using a flexible tape measure that includes the slope of the trapezius but measuring the shortest straight line distance between the 2 points using a normal straight ruler.

So now i use the Ls when doing stuff at home or tending my habanero/jalapeno plants and the XLs for balling.
I am very happy with this product and would buy again once they wear out. To determine the sizes for your own self, just measure yourself accordingly based on your own measurements relative to how i described each L or XL size fits over my shoulders and you should be ok :)

Hope this review helps people in choosing the proper sizing for themselves (as reviews that don't actually state the relationship to actual empirical measurements and how the measurements are taken are not exactly helpful)

Update : as at June 2014, the sizes i bought are still the same as the day i bought them, even after going through repeated washing and tumble-drying cycles :) Also forgot to mention : i chose the all-white cotton-only versions so my review is based solely on the all-white cotton-only versions (if you have another color, i can't comment on whether you are going to get shrinkage or not).
on November 25, 2015
I like these shirts, as the cut allows for free arm movements (and to show off the "guns!") The fit is somewhat tight, but not too tight. The feel is a tad on the "slick" side for my hard workouts, and the tag stuck out annoyingly on the inside (I just tore it off)
on January 17, 2014
the fit is spot on in my opinion. it covers over my shoulder and gives me a full range of motion at my arms. i wish they had one made with a different material other than cotton. i think the neck will stretch out eventually which is a downfall.

Edit 02/18/2014
I wore this shirt less than half a dozen times and washed it twice. It looks like it's been worn for a year. The color fading is already pretty bad. If this shirt wasn't cotton it would be much better as a gym shirt. Someone point me in the right direction of a shirt that has the same fit but with dry fit material please.

edit 04/30/2014
after having this shirt for a few months i notice that after a few wash cycles the cotton gets really stiff and not soft. when your arms are down and by your hips, the top part of the shirt near the shoulder sticks out and looks a bit ridiculous. again it is all because this shirt is cotton and this wouldn't happen on a poly shirt. such a shame. the fit and style was exactly what i was looking for.
on January 7, 2016
Love the way this shirt looks.. I teach/coach at 24 and I love this shirt because it doesn't get in the way, whether I am teaching BodyPump, GRIT HIIT, weight training or Zumba... it feels good and looks good on my body!
on April 28, 2015
Well it is the same comfort as if you have any other muscle shirt, however keep in mind that the 2x feels more like a 1x therefore I rated it "somewhat small." Though I could stand to shed a few pounds, I normally fit into a 2x just fine (different brands size differently). When I put the shirt on it is a bit snug around my lower ab/stomach area, though the fit is okay in the upper torso area. So if you are a bigger guy like me with weight and muscles in your upper body you may want to aim for another brand that has a better reputation for fit, especially if you want it to be comfortable when working out or simply just lounging around. What I am most concerned is that after I wash and dry them how much more they will shrink. In comparison I have purchased Champion muscle tee's before (an older one that was discontinued) and they were perfectly sized. Not sure what happened here in this design or why the other one was discontinued. These will do however until I can get other ones that have a better fit. Just keep the size factor in mind when ordering.