Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on February 13, 2009
I bought a Velocity Micro Z5 in January, 2009.
The system I received had two defects:
1) Video card never worked
2) On-board network interface failed on the second day
The Velocity Micro corp charged me a 15% restocking fee when I returned the defective unit. That is a clear violation of Consumer Protection laws. I am taking the case up with my credit card company and with the Virginia State's Attorney General to get a complete refund.
Don't buy from these guys or any company that does not honor consumer rights legislation.

Wanted to add something four years later: Best thing I ever did was return this lousy machine. Got all my money back through the credit card company. Virginia State's Attorney General could not do anything because they have weak consumer protection laws in that state. Ended up buying a Cyberpower unit for less money. It has worked flawlessly for these last four years. Avoid buying from Velocity Micro if they are still in business.
on February 8, 2009
I purchased a desktop from Velocity Micro last year and have had nothing but problems with it.
It started out by getting the unit a month later than it was promised. I had memory problems, constant shutdowns, blue-screens etc. Many many phone calls to tech support, Had tree technicians in my house and finally, they had to replace the motherboard. During this past 11 months, I have had problems with this unit on and off and now again it would not complete a boot-up, all indications are memory problems again. I know they are rated high and I think it may be an isolated case.
on January 23, 2010
I run "5" gaming computers in my household. I have purchased hundreds of computers in my lifetime. I would consider myself a tad more experienced than most computer users. This was my 1st Velocity Micro purchase. I will only present the facts and you make a buying decision. My computer arrived DOA. Tech support was called and I was told "*&^%" happens. I agree, not the fault of the company....maybe. I was given several suggestions to repair my computer. Do you purchase any other kind of product and have to "repair" it on your own as soon as it is opened? Imagine purchasing a car, driving it home...the next day it will not start and you are told by the company to open the hood and try this or that......crazy. Anyway, I was able to get the machine to boot up after 8 hours of solid effort. There were major graphics and/or mother board problems. Forget it!!! The product was returned to Amazon (THE BEST COMPANY ON THE PLANET) and a replacement was shipped. The replacement booted fine, ran fine and then I noticed that it is a crossfire system built without any crossfire bridges. There is signed documentation stating that this system is of the highest quality and has been tested, inspected,...etc..etc.. prior to shipping. The only real inspection was to make sure that sheet was added to the box. If this system was inspected and there were two crossfire bridges missing...that inspector needs a new dog or cane. So now that is "2" for "2" or a 100% defect rate in my book. After several tech support calls/emails my issue was resolved and the bridges were sent. My only problem now is that Crossfire is not being recognized by the new Catalyst software. I have never had so many issues with any new computer purchase. On the plus side. When I was able to make contact with Velocity Micro the team was supportive and pleasant. Do not forget to add the hold time on the calls and emails. I feel that if I had not been so aggressive in solving my problem, my tech support ticket would still be open and not viewed. In fact, the sales department was more help than the tech support people. There is a major problem with the building and testing aspect of the computer; unless I was just unlucky and purchased 2 lemons. I am not blaming any individual or person for any of the system problems. They are only the manufacturer and are not responsible for software issues etc. and tech support has to perform remote open heart surgery via the phone every day; not an easy job. The system appears to be well made with top notch components and at a great value; but what good is it if it does not function or is missing parts. The funny thing is that the shipping box states "Welcome to the new PC experience" . They are not kidding !! Now on to solve my new problem. I will update this posting again. My thought is that Velocity is trying...... but if I fall off a boat and try to swim ashore that is not quite good enough. I have to make it to shore to survive. They do not have their act together. They are a USA company and I wish them to prosper. Perhaps my comment will make them stronger. :)
on August 5, 2009
I LOVE THIS COMPUTER< I LOVE THE ATTENTION TO DETAIL, THE INTUITIVE BUILD, THE SPEED, Even the way they packed and shipped it was amazing. Everything they did.... All the components and the manufacturers are top quality. It came with all the spare parts ( cable ties, cables, adapters, screws, etc...) you could possibly need to expand or tweak your system, so you don't have to run to the store, or search through the computer graveyard & junk drawer - it even came with a T-Shirt ( HEY, it's FREE CRAP!) The computer is a beautiful machine; I felt like I was contaminating it by adding my old hard drive to it. I DID TWeak It out by adding 4 Gigs of RAM to total 8 gigs, but it only cost me [...] for the same great quality RAM that was in it already. The manual is the most comprehensive, detailed manual I have ever seen....It could have been "Motherboards For Dummies." Customer Service has also been Wicked Awesome, Velocity is really on top of their game: very hands on, very individualized, almost like having an exclusive club membership. I didn't have any trouble at all with my computer or setup, but you do have to register with them to validate your warranty and be eligible for your free upgrade to Windows 7, and other services and benefits. Seriously, This computer is everything I could every want in a computer, and more that I didn't even think to ask for. If I counted right, It has 7 fans to keep it running cool, and they can be controlled automatically or manually. The ATI Catalyst software allows you to control the 2 Hi Def Video Cards and the CPU. The Graphics & Video capabilities are almost overkill for me.... I need another manual to explain some of the functions and settings to me. For those of you with ADHD, like me, there are mesmerizing blue lights shining from under the keyboard, the mouse, and the front and sides of the computer. Before I bought it, I could not imagine what would make this computer [...] while a computer with similar components was almost half that.....WOW there is SUCH a difference, in EVERY DETAIL there is a DIFFERENCE! It is a totally different experience, I could never go back to using just any other computer. Velocity Micro Edge Gx325 Desktop PC (2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Processor, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB Hard Drive, ATI 4850 512MB Graphics, Vista Premium)
on May 20, 2009
- Computer shut down first day after performing intensive file transfer operations.
- Velocity customer support was not helpful at all. I don't believe system was adequately tested.
- Returned this computer the next day. Will never consider this brand again.

Just because the case and picture look great it does not imply the computer will perform.
on January 15, 2010
This is the first time i bought a computer instead of building it myself. For the price I could not turn it down. This is a GREAT computer that is well built and very fast. Plus it came with a free upgrade to windows 7. I can play crysis on the high setting. Do yourself a favor and buy this computer now!!!!!!!!!!
on November 14, 2008
I have owned 6 Velocity Micro PC's and Laptops over the past decade and continue to be impressed and surpised with each purchase/upgrade. Nowhere will you find the best performance in the industry at the best price. VM computers are built with the best components and are supported by the best service. The major magazines rating VM are nothing but on the mark! You must try one. You will not be disappointed!