Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Remote Controlled 16 Color LED Spotlight Bulb
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 21, 2014
"For the money," is a phrase you'll have to remember with this light. They are decent at what they do, which is provide a splash of light that can be many different colors, either with the remote, or by having them run through their changing programs.

These are very good to excellent, when compared to what you pay for them. Only when price is considered do these become great instead of OK. To get the most pure light color, choose red, green, or blue. All the other colors will be mostly the color you want, but will have definite odd shades around them, almost like a rainbow halo around the beam. The desired color can be found, but only at certain distances. They are close enough for most purposes, but don't expect a pure purple or orange, for example.

These are accent lights for a darkish room, pure and simple, You DJs out there won't be using these for uplights, although they could have a bit of usefulness for you, as I'll show later on. They are about as bright as those old 20 or 25-watt colored light bulbs you used to get when you were a kid and wanted to have a party or play rock star for a day. The difference with these and those lights, however, are that the incandescent bulbs spread the small amount of light everywhere, whereas these focus it into a loose, soft-edged spot.

The effects, strobe, flash, fade, and smooth (some remotes have different names) are very nice, and draw more attention to the light than a single color does. On my remote, "strobe" cycles through 15 different colors, including white, with no fade in between, always in the same order and always starting starting with red. It does this at a rate of about 2.5 colors per second.

"Flash" scrolls through the colors with no fade in random order, but always beginning with red. It does this at about one color every three seconds. These rates are only for one of my bulbs. The other bulb can be sped up or slowed down using the dim and brightness buttons, so, I can't say for sure what yours will do.

"Fade" always begins with white, and goes through the main colors of white, red, green, yellow, and blue, but fades (color mixes) in between those colors. On my light that can't be sped up, it takes about nine seconds to complete the program cycle, which starts over. The mixes in between are smooth and not jerky at all. This is a very nice effect.

"Smooth" is just that. It starts with white as well, and fades through many different colors, seemingly at random, very slowly and smoothly. This is also a very nice effect that will work well for DJs who wish to light their facade cheaply. You'll need a couple lights, and they'll never be synched, but it's a nice effect.

For me, the most interesting single color is white, as odd as that seems. The halo/rainbow effect white has can be neat when the light is at a shallow angle to a wall.

As far as the light's throw, four to five feet seems to be about the best to get the purest color. Much farther than that, and you'll start getting the halo effect. The light and color fade too much to be useful after about eight feet, when the halo effect gets very pronounced.

Several have asked if remotes are interchangeable, and, for the most part, the two I have are, except for the fade and smooth effects, which are switched. As noted, every light and remote are not the same, so, if you are considering using multiple lights, order them all at once in hopes of getting bulbs from the same lot.

I am impressed with these lights, for the money. I think my money would have been better spent with the 10-watt flood version I see plenty of, but these are neat for accent lighting, or just as a toy or night light. And, they are worth purchasing for the money.
on November 15, 2011
At the time I am reviewing this product, the description lists it as "5 watt 16 color LED" but the part number says "REMOTE-E27-3W", indicating that it is the 3 watt bulb. I received a 3 watt bulb.

It's a nice item, but it is incorrectly listed. If you want the 5 watt light, keep looking.
on July 7, 2012
I was surprised at the solid construction of this thing. Not Chinese Walmart plastic. Sure enough it works and works well. The remote works well also and is simple. No hard figuring or unexpected surprises.

I love red- this thing has four shades of green and four more shades of blue and three of purple- but ONE red. To be fair, red is red- and this thing's red is great- not faded, not pink, not weird reddish orange junk- RED. Love it.

One thing kept back a star. It does not stay one color all the time. It will stay on the color you put it on for a while 10-15 mins or so; it is a good amount of time- not just one or two mins, but then starts to cycle through again. I suppose that might be necessary. (the remote battery ran out fast) maybe i played with it too much, haha.

Does what it claims. Solid construction. Small so it fits in any space. The colors look good- not weird off shades. Just awesome- too bad i'm so much of a RED junkie.
on April 4, 2013
This lamp comes with no manual but is easy to figure out. The lamp is packed in a simple stiff paper box and the controller is wrapped separately in cellophane. It starts up in a switching multicolor mode which can be anoying after a while especially if you want to read by the lamp. The controller is needed to use the lamp in the more useful modes. Don't lose it! There is a piece of plastic covering a battery terminal of the controller remote that must be removed before the controller will work. The controller is optical and must be pointed directly at the front of the lamp to control it. For me, the novelty of changing colors wore off pretty quickly but I still find the limited dimming capability useful. These come from China and do not have assorted USA safety or approval markings on the product. There is no UL approval sticker for example. The seller that I used said that shipping was from NJ but the product was actually shipped from China and took many weeks to arrive. The lamp and controller arrived loose in a large plastic mailing bag with no packing material around the product. The lamp's box was dented on the corners but everything else was in good condition though. I'm still satisfied with the purchase and at it's low price, would recommend it to anyone.
on February 25, 2015
Really cool for the price it does what it said it would do.colors are nice the only thing is the remote not long of a distance. And every time you turn it of it starts with the changing of pattern. Not where u left it at..but still verry cool.
on November 1, 2012
Ok, so I've had this for a while now, and I have to say, yes it's a bit dim.. but for spotlighting a holiday feature, it's perfect. It glows just the right amount for our outdoor features, and doesn't blind oncomingtraffic.

On a side note, it doesn't retain the last setting - so when you turn it off and back on, it resorts back to the 'demo' mode of fading through each color. that's a bit annoying,.
on October 8, 2013
I cannot believe something like this is only about $5. I don't have any idea about the durability since I've been using it for a short time, but the versatility of this bulb is amazing. It creates so many different colors to be selected depending on your mood. We put one in the curio cabinet, and it makes the crystals inside come alive. I even like the color temperature of the simple white light as it's not warm. It's a very low wattage bulb, so it's not for every occasion. Keep in mind it's a spotlight (30 degrees), therefore if you need a wide area coverage it won't work for you. I guess it could also be used as a night light under some conditions.

I bought mine from LEDSpring, and the product arrived in good condition, long before the estimated delivery date.
on December 12, 2015
I ordered the 10 Watt - They sent a 3 watt
Mine were hooked up to and LED compatible light and switch.
None of the functionality worked as claimed.
Every effect started out OK but then defaulted to blinking orange.
It would have been great if my house was a construction zone but horrible for Christmas.
on May 25, 2016
Neat toy for the price. Color mixing is pretty bad. You get color shadows. I removed the focusing lens for better mixing.

Also lots of colors are not available from the controller color palette. From memory (i may have the colors wrong, but not the concept) The grid has colors with one color completely on, and another color varying intensity, and the next column has a different diode completely on, etc. So in the first column of colors, you can get red at 100%, and choose your green between 0-100% But you can't have red 100% and any varying mix of blue (aside from blue off or blue fully on). I think it might cycle through all the colors, but I'm not even sure. Basically, the middle row should be two diodes fully on at the midpoint, then begin dimming the other as you go down.

Neat toy for the price.
on September 28, 2015
I absolutely love these, we put 4 above our bar in our basement. I bought them with great timing, I had my younger sisters baby shower and turned them all pink. Everyone complimented and loved the lights. They aren't too bright, but great accent light.
review image review image