Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Color: Frosted|Style Name: 50 Wt / 120V|Change

on January 31, 2013
Puts out a lot of bright, white light from a small package! Just some tips, however: Do NOT try to install this bulb with the power on-- it heats up almost immediately and gets VERY hot! Also, don't touch the bulb with your skin - it leaves a film which can significantly decrease the life-span of the bulb. Use a soft cloth and grip it around the base--as you often have to push down into the socket before you can begin screwing it in.
on October 7, 2013
This bulb is made in China and it looks like the old bulbs were cut out of the base and a refurbished one is poorly re-soldered back on. See images posted if it gets uploaded. Don't trust using it even if it happened to work for safety reasons.
review image review image
33 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2011
The bulb is as bright as expected and perfect for ceiling fan. I bought one bulb from Homedepot and one from Lowes but had to return as it is specifically written on the back of the bulb package that NOT USE for ceiling fan. In addition, I couldn't find any frosted bulb in local store. Like this one and would recommend!
on January 2, 2013
I searched on Amazon for a replacement bulb for my ceiling fan and found this bulb. I was skeptical of the 'frosted' description but I went ahead and ordered anyway.

Needless to say that the frosted bulb is no different from the original manufacturers bulb. It might be possible that the original manufacturer of our ceiling fan had also included or intended for a frosted bulb. My ceiling fan also has a variable light setting from 20%-100% and the bulb adjusts smoothly up and down. No problem there.

I purchased this bulb about two months ago and no problems as of yet. If this bulb quits before a one year period I will go ahead and re-post an update along with a reduction in rating but so far I am pleased.
on April 9, 2010
I had a fixture in a house I recently purchased that needed a bulb replaced. When I cracked open the fixture, it had this funny bulb in there. This was the first one to match what I was looking for (original bulb had Philips 75Q/CL/120V on it). Worked as expected. Will post back if any longevity issues, but fired up just fine after being installed.
on January 17, 2013
I have two ceiling fans in the same room that take this size bulb. After looking at a few other ones on Amazon, I found out that not all of these types of bulbs are meant for ceiling fans. This one was so even though it was a higher wattage than the old ones, I ordered one. I do like that it is brighter than the old one and after a few weeks of use I have not noticed any problems. I ordered a second one for when the bulb in the other fan finally dies.
on October 30, 2011
We bought this bulb as a replacement for our outdoor lamp's original bulb. The color and brightness of the lightbulb was a perfect match to our other outdoor lamps, which all have their original bulbs. Item was shipped fast, and arrived well cushioned and packaged.
review image
on October 30, 2015
This light bulb was just what I needed for my above the sink light in my bathroom. It fits perfectly and gives off a great about of bright light. It seems to be made well and works wonderfully from the minute I screwed it in. It is just what I was looking for, and I would definitely recommend it.

I purchased this product at full price. Opinion is entirely my own.
on June 22, 2015
This isn't looking too good. Five bulbs were delivered on June 8, today is June 22 and the first bulb I installed blew out today. I am a stagehand and I am used to handling halogen bulbs so I am pretty sure that it isn't my fault. The original bulb in this fixture was a GE bulb and it lasted for 2 1/2 years. The GE bulb sells for over $60 each so I hoped that I could get away cheaper but this may be a case of you get what you pay for. I have four more Satco bulbs so I have four more chances to see if this bulb's unacceptably short life was a fluke. If the other bulbs in my order do better I will revise this review. If they don't, I will post that too.
on November 13, 2013
The bulb doesn't work. I don't want to deal with the hassle of sending it back, so I'm out the money, and I still have to make a trip to the hardware store to get a new bulb.

(I tried another bulb in my lamp and it worked, so it really is the bulb that doesn't work, and not a problem with my lamp. We double-checked that it's the right bulb, and it is. And we were extremely careful in handling the bulb, not touching it directly, etc. The bulb just doesn't work...)