Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mediabridge ULTRA Series HDMI Cable (3 Feet) - High-Speed Supports Ethernet, 3D and Audio Return [Newest Standard]
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 19, 2009
I used this cable to connect my BluRay player to my Onkyo TX-SR806 receiver. It worked for less than an hour and then it appeared that the HDMI port died. The receiver could no longer 'see' the BluRay. I moved the player to a different port, and it worked for a few days before it also died. I then replaced this Mediabridge - 3ft Ultra-High Speed HDMI Cable with a 2 meter Mediabridge cable. It has now operated on the original port for over three weeks (knock, knock).
Maybe that's why almost no one makes 1 meter HDMI cables?

Update 28 Feb: I've seen good customer service before, but this was something else. Based on the above review I was contaced via email by the president of Broadband Products, Inc, which is the parent company of Mediabridge. They sent me a replacement cable. I haven't tried it yet, but the service is certainly fantastic!
55 comments|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2009
We bought several of these cables (and actually could use a few more). They are of excellent quality and were able to compare them upon receipt to the famous brand name cables. There is no discernible video or audio difference in our system which is a high end theater with long HDMI cable runs. As important, the company is first rate, responsive, pleasant, invested and immediately helpful. I not only recommend them, but we shall buy from them again...and again. Thank you so much. Great folks.
on January 14, 2009
Over the holidays, I bought two Mediabridge 3 ft. HDMI cables to connect my BluRay and DVR in to my Onkyo receiver and one 6 ft. cable to connect the receiver out to my Samsung 50 inch plasma. The cables themselves look and feel well made and perform as I would expect. Crystal clear 1080p video and TrueHD audio. The connectors have been snug to every component I have attached them to including my buddy's off-brand plasma (we did this for calibrating his set). They have been great so far.

I bought them on sale at < $10 each so I know I got a deal, especially for the 1.3b standard. When compared to some of the other higher priced options (are you listening Monster?), these cables are a steal. I don't see how they could be any better and are a fraction of the price. A solid 5 stars.
on March 10, 2009
Nice cables, priced right and they actually bend. Other cables I've had are so thick and so shielded, they don't bend. Especially in these shorter lengths. The only reason I have given 4 stars instead of 5 is not quality related. It's because the tips at the end of the wires, the plastic part that holds the HDMI connector, is very long. If you have a tight spot, or hanging TV tight to the wall and the wire connects horizontally, these might not work or you may need a 90 degree adapter. I would buy these cables again, 1.3b at this price, great deal, but maybe not right for all applications.
on January 10, 2009
This cable is very well made. I bought two of the 3' and one 6' version of this cable. I have one 3' attached to my Panasonic Blu Ray player and the other to my Xbox 360. The picture is great. If you are going to use HDMI do yourself a favor and order this one. You will save a lot of money and will be pleased with its performance.
on May 8, 2014
If you buy this product you are not allowed to complain or raise any public opinion about this product, such an activity will unleash Media bridge lawyers upon you .

This behavior is unacceptable and i will support your firm by moving my business elsewhere

Beside all that the cable isnt flexible enough .
This seems a common issue with all my MediaBridge cables i ordered .
It sucks as it put so much stress on the HDMI port if you need to bend the cable a bit to fit behind your TV if you wall mount it .
on March 10, 2009
I bought a three foot mediabridge HDMI cable to hook up my new Vizio HDTV to a HDTV cable box. I also have a blu ray player hooked up to the TV with a cable that came with the player. Although the player cable works fine, the Mediabridge cable is thicker, and looks like a much better made better quality cable. It produces great guality picture and sound. I'm glad I read some of the reviews posted here before buying a cable at Radio Shack "on sale" for $34.95. These are quality cables at a really good price.
on July 25, 2009
All HDMI cables are not functionally equal because of evolving standards. This is a Version 1.3, category 2 cable which will support standard HDTV setups with HDMI connections (1040p HDTV, Blu-ray disc player, etc.). I only needed one cable to connect to a new Blu-ray player but the price for these cables were such a bargain that I ordered 4 cables (2 of the 3 foot cables and 2 of the 6 footers). My hook up was simple: connect the new Blu-ray to the TV with the HDMI cable and change the TV input to "HDMI". Everything worked perfectly. I will use the extra cables for a future LCD TV and accessory purchase.

NOTE: There are Versions 1.3a, 1.3b and 1.3c plus a new Version 1.4 which will be available shortly but the Version 1.3 category 2 HDMI cables will be sufficient for most HDMI connections. Do a little online research before purchasing if you are unsure of which HDMI versions to get but these Mediabridge cables are so reasonable that you won't be taking much of a financial risk.
on September 22, 2011
I have probably bought 30+ HDMI cables over the last couple years, and at least 10 of these have been these Mediabridge cables. From 3 feet to I think the longest one from Mediabridge I've tried was 15 feet. And these have ranged from HDMI "version 1.3" to "version 1.4".

All of these have performed just fine in different setups connecting various devices (game systems, blu-ray, PC's, TV's, receivers). All (that I've tested) transmitted 3D Blu-Ray video fine as well as Audio Return Channel (ARC). No devices exist yet that transmit Ethernet over HDMI, so I cannot comment on this. These cables also "look" durable - not flimsy; all the connectors have seemed satisfactory as well.

For the price, you can't get much better; Monoprice.com does have HDMI cables that are a little cheaper (but not much cheaper), but I've simply liked the look of these mediabridge cables - they are very attractive - so I've just about switched all my HDMI cables (except for a 35 foot and a 50 foot run through some ceilings) with these and have been quite happy.
on December 30, 2010
I've ordered many HDMI cables thru Amazon at great prices and most have been Mediabridge or Amazon Basics. These cables have worked ok over the past year. However, when I first received them I hated the fact that they are not very flexible due to the nylon sleeve. But they did work despite being difficult to work with, until today. I needed to unplug the two cables from the back of my receiver to make it easier to hook up my Wii I got for Christmas, and when I pulled the plugs out it left the metal piece that surrounds the contacts in the socket on my receiver. It was difficult, but I was able to get the piece out but of course now the cables are no good and I can't watch TV or use my PS3. On a good note, my Wii works though. So... I just had to order two new cables tonight from Amazon, still Mediabridge, but hopefully better made than these and not with the stiff nylon sleeve. They won't arrive until Monday, so that's not a good thing-no TV so I'm going to have to barrow one from my computer I guess. I wouldn't recommend these particular cables. Go with the better Mediabridge cables or the Amazon Basics Pro HD cables.