on January 18, 2011
After a few washes, this shirt has shrunk to less than acceptable dimensions - definitely NOT as long as picture on the site, it is now just barely long enough to get below my belt line. I am an average (a tadf over 5'10") guy and got a "Large" because I like my shirts to stay tucked in and not cling to me. This shirt does not qualify in either dimension anymore. If you like showing a little midriff, this is your kinda shirt!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 29, 2013
These shirts are awesome undershirts. I had purchased Hanes Comfortsoft shirts for the past several years, and I finally got sick of them always being less than what I was looking for.

PROS vs Hanes : slightly thicker (although wouldn't wear as only shirt out and about), collar lays flat, slightly longer, feel softer, brighter white

CONS vs Hanes : cost slightly more

These shirts are definitely worth the extra money.

BIG NOTE for those coming from Hanes, I'm 5'6" and 165 and I wear a medium in Hanes (fits snug like an undershirt). I bought medium in Dockers and had to return the shirts as they were far too big. I then bought small in Dockers, and they fit great, just like the medium from Hanes.
on September 22, 2010
These T's stand up very well to everyday use and washing without coloring or shrinking. I wear them everyday under my oxford and tie as they are so comfortable. After a number of washes they are still snow white and have not shrunk more than a 1/4". I would definitely recommend and buy again. They are heads and tails above tommy hilfiger which I used to own until they shrunk out of sight.
on March 28, 2012
...that a white T-shirt can stay white after several washes. That a white T-shirt can keep it's quality and durability, and remain able to be tucked into my pants. You see, I bought these because my prior white T-shirts became dingy and shrunken, like a sad old man.

They were no longer serviceable for wearing under my nice work shirts and have been cast to the curb for this younger, more attractive model. It's even longer and stays tucked in better. I am satisfied.
on October 27, 2013
I'm a 41 Long Suit Size Medium Frame

Executive Summary: Unfortunately, after much trial and error, I can confirm that no undershirt fits perfect. The best you're going to get is the Jos Banks size Large followed by Dockers size Extra Large. These shirts are higher quality material than the standard Hanes and have a nice length to tuck them in even after shrinking from washing.

Hanes Size Large (The kind you can buy at your local big box store)
Hanes Comfort Soft Crew Neck 5 Pack Tee
Prior to Wash Length: Nice tuckable length
Prior to Wash Fit: Baggy
After Wash Length: They shrank up the most of any shirt. They really aren't even tuckable now.
After Wash Fit: Still baggy
Quality: These are the thinnest of all the shirts reviewed here. That fact plus the bagginess and being barely tuckable is the reason I decided to try all the shirts below in search of a nicer quality better fitting shirt.

Hanes Size Large Tall
Hanes Mens Classics Tall Man Crew Neck T-Shirt # 9856
Prior to Wash Length: They were as long as the Dockers Extra Large
Prior to Wash Fit: Baggy. Half an inch wider on each side of the shoulder than the Dockers Large.
After Wash Length: Nice tuckable length. A tad shorter than the Dockers Extra Large
After Wash Fit: Tight through the shoulders though just slightly looser than the Dockers Large. They dug into my arm pits a bit. Slightly uncomfortable.
Quality: They are thick shirts, almost as thick as a standard t shirt (non-undershirt). 2 or 3 times as thick as the standard Hanes undershirts and thicker than all other shirts mentioned here. For this reason I don't like them.

Adidas Size Large
adidas Men's Athletic Comfort Climalite 2-Pack Crew Undershirt
Prior to Wash Length: Reasonable tuckable length
Prior to Wash Fit: Tight all around
After Wash Length: Barely tuckable
After Wash Fit: Almost as tight as a compression shirt. Tightest of all the shirts. They dug right into my arm pits. Uncomfortable.
Quality: The material is nicer and a tad thicker than the standard Hanes you can buy locally. Way too tight to wear.

Dockers Size Large
Prior to Wash: Nice tuckable length
Prior to Wash Fit: Comfortably loose, not really baggy
After Wash Length: Still tuckable, but they did shrink quite a bit
After Wash Fit: Tight all around, but not as tight as the Adidas. They dug into my arm pits. Uncomfortable.
Quality: Nice material, not too light like store bought Hanes, not too heavy like the Hanes Tall, but Jos Banks is just slightly nice, especially the collar.
Note: I bought a second package to confirm that I didn't receive a bad batch that overly shrank. Unfortunately the second package shrank just as much.

Dockers Size Extra Large
Prior to Wash Length: A bit longer than the Dockers size large
Prior to Wash Fit: Baggy. About 2 inches wider on each side of the shoulder than Dockers size Large
After Wash Length: Nice tuckable length
After Wash Fit: Baggy. They shrank up width wise so that they are about 1 inch wider than the Dockers size Large
Quality: Same as the Dockers size Large
Note: They are a tad too big for me, but I'd rather have that than too small.

Jos Banks Size Large
Prior to Wash Length: Slightly longer than Dockers size large
Not sure if these shirts show up in the Product Ads from External Websites, but they should if Amazon really wants to compete against the best, which is what this section of the website implies
Prior to Wash Fit: Baggy
After Wash Length: The length barely shrank at all. They are about 3 inches longer than the Dockers size Large after washing
After Wash Fit: Slightly baggy. Between the fit of the Dockers Extra Large and Dockers Large.
Quality: The material is a tad nicer than the Dockers, especially the neck. Time will tell, but I imagine the neck would be the last to roll out of all the shirts I've tried.
Note: I found these on sale for about the same price as the Dockers
on November 2, 2010
I ordered them based on some old dockers white shirt my husband has. They are just typical cotton shirts, the cotton is not the soft wrinkle free one as the older ones.
on January 12, 2010
Oh, sure, it's underwear. But sometimes you just want a little extra refinement when the T-Shirt is the only shirt you are wearing, and these Dockers deliver.
on June 4, 2011
I prefer these Dockers shirts to any other brand I've tried, including CK, Polo RL, and Hanes. Even after multiple wears and washes, the collar stays flat, the color stays white, and the shape and size of the shirt remain intact. Highly recommended.
on January 15, 2012
I am very picky with my undershirts, and so far these are my favorite for the price. I am 6 feet tall and like my undershirts to fit tightly but more importantly have a long enough tail to tuck into my pants for work. These shirts fit the bill, and hold up after weeks of washing and drying as well. I actually pick up Mediums and they fit just as I like - even the sleeves are high enough up your arm to not hang out from golf shirts. Worth trying if you are looking for good undershirts for a good price.
on January 30, 2011
If you wear Grandma jeans, no need for you to buy these t-shirts. If like me you wear jeans that are lower on your waist these t-shirst are perfect. I've had them for several weeks now and they don't fuzz or shrink. The longer length is perfect to keep the shirt tucked in nicely. I've gone through several other brands and was dissappointed, but these seem to fit the bill!