Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

• Customer Reviews

on April 30, 2013
PERFORMANCE:

Choosing a Size of Airpot is Up to You:
I think you should purchase the smallest sized airpot you need, because the airpot works best when full. Plus I would think it would keep the coffee hotter, if the whole container is full as opposed to half full.

I bought the largest one I could find, thinking that most of the time I wouldn't need to fill it up, but occasionally I might. Not understanding that you have to pump compressed air into the tank to force liquid up the down tube.

PUMP TEST:
My first 8 oz cup drawn takes 3 pumps. When the Airpot is 20% full, it takes me 4 to 5 pumps to fill the same size cup. The Airpot becomes slightly less efficient the lower the coffee gets. But amazingly, it will push out almost every drop of the coffee. If you have to pump excessively, see below, under "Problems Solved".

After several uses, I did a test where I filled the Airpot only half full and when I pushed down on the lever, the coffee started flowing. I was surprised. It did not come gushing out like it does when full, but it worked on the first pump, even though it was only half full. The pump is very efficient and about as good as you could possibly hope for.

TEMPERATURE TEST:
I filled the Airpot with 128 oz coffee and measured temp.
Start: 170 degrees F
1 hour later: 163 degrees (no coffee pumped out, still full)
2 hour later: 156 degrees
6 hour later: 145 degrees

-----------------------------
PARTS:
To find Bunn's website for parts, you can use a search engine to find " coffeemakerbunn" or type it in as a website name. Amazon doesn't let you put website names in reviews.
Here you can order replacement parts for your airpot. You can replace entire lid assembly which holds the pump and baffle. Or you can replace the spout assembly that holds the downspout.
Just use the "search box" to find the parts you need. The website is outdated and a little difficult to navigate. For instance, there isn't a page that just has Airpot Replacement Parts that I could find. However, if you search for airpot lid Or airpot parts, you can find them. Use the search box.
---------------------
PROBLEMS SOLVED:
First problem fixed: This is my first airpot and I was upset that it took 10 to 12 pumps to fill an 10 oz coffee cup. I was on the verge of returning it, when I stumbled on the fact that the straw or down tube was not super tight inside of the spout assembly. It certainly seemed tight enough, but when I exerted a lot of force and really shoved it up in there super tight, my airpot suddenly filled a cup in only 3 pumps!

So if you are having to pump an excessive number of times, maybe try tightening up the down tube and the spout tube, in the spout assembly. The black plastic spout tube where the coffee comes out, has a tiny notch cut into it so that when you shove it on the spout assembly, you line the spout up correctly.

Second Problem: Metric System! haha This is a ONE GALLON Pot! 3.8L equals One Gallon

Third Problem: You will need to purchase a special cleaning brush to clean the 10 inch tall stainless down tube. You can get them on Amazon. They are often called water bottle brushes. They are narrow, long brushes that will clean things like this. Cheap enough, just didn't know I was going to need one when I ordered this.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONCLUSION
As far as picking a size, I am now noticing that many churches seem to go with 2 small airpots, versus one large one. That allows you to have decaf or flavors or addresses the issue of the airpot working best when completely full. Having it to do over again, I might would have gone with the 2 small airpots, instead of one giant one!
22 comments|80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2011
I ordered 4 of these air pots from Amazon to be used at a local street festival. Thank you Amazon, they arrived the next day!! We were so pleased with the performance of these pots!! They kept coffee warm for hours. They were so easy to use and they created simplicity in a situation where stress could have taken over. If I could make one suggestion it would be that a stirring utensil be provided. I'm thinking something food safe and equivalent to a ball bearing in a spray paint can. Hot chocolate needs to be stirred periodically and shaking the air pot is not the solution, as we found out :) GREAT JOB, BUNN
77 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2012
These are the most amazing pots! I needed two for an outdoor birthday party in February (Brrr!) and they kept the hot cocoa HOT. The cocoa was made around 11:30-12, the party was 1-3, there was a bunch of cocoa left, brought it home, drank some throughout the evening, come 9 o'clock when it was time to clean them out there was still a bunch left over and it was still slightly steaming. Not as hot anymore, but come on! 9 hours later and still warm/hot?! That's awesome! They look really nice too! Best purchase! I LOVE Bunn! Oh, and it's stainless steel, which was a huge plus for me!
on December 11, 2010
I placed boiling water in this airpot one afternoon at 2pm to see how long it would stay warm. I checked the temperature of the water occasionally throughout the evening and into the following day by running small amounts into a cup. When I finally decided to empty the airpot the following evening after 7pm, the water was still too hot for me to place my finger in and keep it in. Being able to maintain a liquid at a very hot tempreature for 29 hours was enough of a test for me. And throughout all that time, nothing on the outside of the airpot ever became warm to the touch. I love this thing. It is easy to use, disassemble, and clean. I was concerned that it might be top-heavy but it isn't. It also has a non-skid surface on the bottom. This airpot was much nicer and more efficient than I expected - what a nice surprise.
on June 8, 2012
I love this product. It keeps tea hot for 2 days easily. You will pour tea effortlessly. Easy to carry around. I dont think the handle will ever break. Really sturdy product. Looks classy. I love the steel look. Highly recommended. Worth the price.
on March 3, 2012
I was looking for a carafe that would enable me to make 2 pots of coffee ahead of time and keep it hot (not warm) and be easy for my guests to dispense. This has worked great. The coffee stays hot and it's easy to dispense. So far, the longest time I've tested the coffee heat is for 5 hours and it was great. My only issue with the pot is turning it upside down to drain is a 2-3 day process. Because of the way it's designed the water comes down to the top (turned upside down) and stays there. But I just leave it out and eventually it dries up. I have a long brush so cleaning is not a problem. There are some puzzling instructions about cleaning the 'bellows' with no indication where the bellows are or how to get to them - I've contacted Bunn about that. Overall very pleased.
on December 25, 2012
Managing a Bed and Breakfast I always need something to keep coffee hot. This one is a winner for what I need.
on August 7, 2012
Used this in July 2012 and coffee stayed hot from 4 p.m. to 6 a.m. the next morning. I did follow the suggestion to heat up the carafe first. I used boiling hot water, and when I got around to cleaning it the next day, I found it really easy to do with dish soap, hot water and then another rinse of boiling water. I bought this carafe to have hot coffee easily and safely available at astronomical "star parties" where the only light permitted is from dim red lamps. So easy and intuitive to use, even in the dark! Really pleased with this purchase.
on October 19, 2012
I think that Amazon must be selling seconds of these, because my first order arrived with a very large dent in the side. The packing was fine and undamaged. I exchanged the item (my shipping was not fully refunded), only to receive a second damaged item. The handle was broken. Again, the packaging was fine so I know that these pots were not damaged in the mail. When I tried to exchange the second damaged pot, I received an email from Amazon saying that they would not send another replacement.

I was purchasing this item for my place of business for a specific event. Not only have I had to go through the hassle of returning twice, now I have to find somewhere to purchase this locally in the next two days. Poor service. Poor product. Very unhappy.

I will note that if the item hadn't been damaged, I would have been happy with it.
on September 24, 2012
I've had this unit for a little over a month. It seems well-built and durable. The design is restrained and not without a quiet elegance. Ergonomics are fine. It arrived in a wet and crumpled cardboard carton, but the unit itself was fine. There is only one easily removable part, so it should be easy to clean and reassemble without losing anything.

I am quite satisfied with this purchase.