Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Havaianas Men's Brazil Flip-Flop
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on May 28, 2014
This is my third pair of Havaianas not because they wear out quickly…but because I have them in other colors. They are probably the most comfortable rubber flip flop around. I can walk in them all day and my feet are still comfortable. Highly recommend these over other rubber type flip flops.
on April 6, 2011
I've bought many pairs of flip flops over the past few years. I live in Santa Monica and run my business from home - flip flops are worn daily, and travel with me every where. I had a pair of Reef's, rubber/EVA, lasted two years, very comfortable, not so stylish, ruined them climbing lava rocks. Replaced them with more upmarket leather Reef's, horrible - the leather continually was too smooth, I'd sand them with sandpaper, smooth again in days, garbage after 4 months. Bought these Havaianas based on a recommendation from a friend, immediately like the comfort, very soft and cushy. The rubber strap isn't too bad. Sometimes they're great for a mile of walking, some days, when it's more humid, I get the occasional blister. I figure that's normal for flip flops. My one complaint is when you jog/move fast - they don't like it. Whatever material Havaianas uses for the sole, it's too floppy for active movement. They "flop" too much, and the toe bows under - easy to trip. I wear a 13, so the extra length and weight may be the problem, may not happen with a smaller size. Durability so far is great, handled lots of abuse, walked many miles, and barely any deformation - I weigh 240 lbs so this is quite the feat! feat, hehe... I would recommend these, especially for more casual use.
on June 3, 2014
My old pair is still usable after 4 or 5 years, but it is showing some cracks so I thought I would get a new pair. Their rubber is the perfect union of comfort and duribility. I wear them daily on tile and concrete.

The new ones seem the same, but breaking them in reminded me how narrow and slippery they can be. Standing up, they are the exact same width as my feet. They work fine, but keep them off rough ground because if your foot slides even a little you are off the sandal.

For indoors or short excursions to the patio I would not have any other lightweight flipflop.

If they made them about 3/8 wider with no other changes it would be a better product.
on August 21, 2011
These sandals changed my habits. I used to only wear "flip-flops" out to the patio or around the house, but now I'll even talk the dog for a walk or wear these out to the Hollywood Bowl for an evening of music. I plan to wear them to the airport next time I fly so that I can take my shoes off without the normal lacing and tying routine.

BTW in its review of Stanford as one of the douchiest colleges, CQ said, "Because you can't be bothered with "fashion," you wear old Gap jeans, Havaianas flip-flops, a T-shirt with the name of an obscure tech company that ends in a y--Blippy or Swipely or Smackly or Webbly--underneath a Stanford sweatshirt. "

Hmm. That actually was part of my buying decision. If these shoes are good enough for Stanford kids, they're good enough for me.
on February 26, 2016
They take a day or two to break in so that the thongs don't dig into the top of your feet too much, but once broken in, they are the most comfortable sandals one can buy. I know it may seem strange to put so much value into such a simple flat sandal, but I have tried many and these are by far the best.

They don't have arch support in the sense that it curves around the arch of your feet, however, as flat as they are they are very comfortable and you don't need arch support.
VINE VOICEon January 20, 2016
GREAT flip flops, or "thongs" as I grew up calling them. My kid winces when I call flip flops "thongs" so I try to call them flip flops. THESE ARE GREAT! Really. I wear these a LOT. These are long-lasting, comfortable, wide and long enough for my huge feet.

You can find a lot of crappy flip flops, so finding a GREAT pair like these is a big deal -- order replacement pairs now for future use!
on January 20, 2016
My hubby is flat footed, so these flip flops are all he wants to wear when he gets home as any arch agitates him. He had a pair before and literally wore the sole away. He was thrilled to get new replacement sandals. When I met him he ranted and raved about his comfortable Havaianas and how everyone needed to own a pair, and he still feels the same way. Perfect shoes for my perfect man
on February 21, 2016
Sizing is troublesome for feet in-between Havaianas sizes. I often wear size 7.5D for running shoes. I tried both US Mens 7/8D and US Mens 9D for this style. 7/8D is somewhat small: they barely encompass my feet but do look ugly. Meanwhile, 9D is way too long. In addition, both sizes are a bit narrow.

On the other hand, the quality seems quite OK. Rubber feels comfortable and supportive.
on June 29, 2015
I love these, Havaianas are the best! they don't cost too much, they look great, super comfortable, and they aren't cheap gas station flip flops. Sure you can buy Rainbows or other brands, but why? I used to be a Rainbow/ Reef flip flop guy and I saw all these Brazilians wearing Havaianas, so I asked why they are so popular? Everyone said they are the best! They are right. You get about 2-3 years per pair of daily use before you have a blow out, but it's usually when I am hiking down a trail to my favorite surf spot, so they go down in glory!
on May 10, 2013
My wife says I don't have enough color in my wardrobe & shoes, so I bought the brightest, most outrageous colors I could find. How's Brazilian flag colors, honey? I jest, but seriously, I was going to use these for casual jaunts to the beach, as I was getting tired of cleaning sand out from between the footbed & outsole of the Crocs Athens (those of you who have Athens flip flops, you KNOW what I mean).

So, I bought these Havaianas, from a recommendation from a GIRL who wears the women's version of this, says it's the best, most comfortable slippahs, even over the ones they sell here in Hawaii.

Bottom line, how do they fit? The size chart is true; you do want to order just a little bit up though, otherwise they **JUST** fit right. I usually wear a men's 6 or 7 depending on the brand, but these fit my 9.5" foot perfectly with just barely 1/4" space on the front and about 1/8" space in the heel.

How do they feel? SO COMFORTABLE, like wearing anti-fatigue mats on your feet. I've worn these about 3 weeks straight now, no foot pain (I'm getting older LOL), no heel stress or fatigue. I've walked all up & down Ala Moana shopping center, on the beach, in the sand, at the shoreline, on the docks & pier...no problem at all. Totally comfortable. The rubber, another proprietary blend (according to the manufacturer, kind of like Crocs in the way they have a patented material & method), has flex, is actually "bouncy" and spring to it. If you take a toe and "squish" it into the material, you can feel the softness, but you can also tell it's supportive. Also the rubber "MOLDS" to your foot after a few weeks.

How do they function? Because the strap is contoured downward at the toepeg, it holds onto your foot. The only complaint is that if your feet are wide, the strap can feel restrictive, and can "pinch" until broken in. Also, there may be some loose rubber on the underside of the strap (from the manufacturing process) and it can rub and irritate your skin, just carefully get a razor and scrape it off, like I said, carefully, until it's flush, then you should have no problems.

How do they travel? You can put them sole to sole and neatly pack them in a backpack or in luggage, they take up very little space...folded down like this, maybe 2.5" x 4" x howeverlongyourfootis". Compare this to the Crocs Athens that do NOT fold down...put sole to sole, my Athens M6 is over 6" x 4.5" x 10.5". Takes up a lot more room because of the Crocs top strap, doesn't compact downwards.

So...Overall, next to the Crocs, possibly the best flip flop, beach sandal, slipper, ever???