Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Olympia Luggage 22" 8 Pocket Rolling Duffel Bag
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 8, 2015
I travel frequently, I am a shorter (5'4'') jeans and t shirt dude. this is great for "week" trips without lots of clothing. this bag has great pockets all around and is surprisingly large inside. made of scrabble material, comfortable to hold. Has an ID card slot on the rear. got wheels, straps and the telescoping luggage handle.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 601 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2013
I just finished a one-month trip using this bag, and it worked well.

Pros:
Well constructed and nice looking. Easy to pick out on the carousel
Rolls easily.
Cheaper than average for a carry-on bag.
Carry handle on the top end (great for stairs and other places where it cannot be rolled).
Seven pockets in addition to main compartment (also a con).
Fairly light weight for capacity.
Cons:
If full, this bag exceeds most airline guidelines for carry-on. I had to convince a gate person that it could be compressed down to fit into an overhead, as the bag was not full (Why do some people get to carry on enough for a small army?).
Will not stand on end.
I would prefer a couple of large pockets instead of seven small ones. Two large and five small would have been better.
0Comment| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon August 5, 2015
My wife bought a pair of these bags for us and the first thing I asked her was why? We have two perfectly good, 500lb, giant 10 year old luggage bags that look like they've withstood a nuclear holocaust. Why did you need to go spend money on something new? With reluctance I kept my dirty, handles missing, flea infested luggage bag in the closet the last time I traveled and brought this one instead.

Pros:
+ It's super light. 5-10 pounds at most.
+ It has wheels and rolls. If it falls over while rolling it doesn't break my fragile programmer wrists from the weight.
+ I'm a software engineer and also a man, in that order. I've only worn a t-shirt and jeans since the day I saw my first computer. I can pack about 7 t-shirts and 3-4 pairs of jeans into this sucker. Let's be realistic though, I only pack 1 pair of jeans because you can wear the same pair for 3 weeks and no one notices. Unless they get close, which they don't, because...software engineer. My wife on the other hand can fill the bag with the thoughts of the clothes she probably won't but maybe will think of wearing on Friday.
+ It's soft and squishy like a duffel bag. This could be a pro or a con depending on what you plan to do with it. It's a pro if you plan on carrying this bag onto the plane and smashing it into the overhead where it fits perfectly. It's a con if you're coming back from San Diego and you plan on filling it with bottles of rare Pliny the Elder beer and hoping the baggage handlers will respect the 27 fragile stickers you put on it. Hint, they won't.
- There are tons of little pockets all over it to fill with your knickknacks. They're small though, you can't fit much in them except maybe headphones, chargers, stuff like that.
- It has handles that stick together so that you can carry it like a duffel bag if you want to show off your muscles to the ladies. I prefer rolling it.

Cons:
- The handle could come up a little higher. I'm 5'8 not 4'9. I'd appreciate not having to bend over like I do at my desk all day while dragging this bag through the airport (I may be exaggerating a little). I'd like if it came up another 2-3 inches.

Overall it's a good carry-on bag. It fits into the overhead nicely and it fits a weeks worth of my clothes when I need to travel somewhere for business. Plus it's a really good price. 5 stars.
11 comment| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2013
I've had this item for over three years (purchased Jan 2010).

- Others praise the many pockets, but for me they've proved to be more of a hassle. If you use more than a few pockets it is easy to forget which one you placed something in, so finding an item often entails opening and closing many pockets before finding it. Eventually I gave up and started to use just the top pocket and central pockets.

- Item does not stand on its own. I've tried balancing weight on the wheel side, but it still won't stand on its own for long, meaning you can't confidently pack it or leave it standing up.

- Soon after purchase the handle became difficult to close when it is fully extended. It requires a fair amount of force, I have to wind up and hit it with my palm to get it to "unlock" and close.

- Minor thing, but it is very noisy. When I'm traveling in a group others have pointed out the noise the wheels make compared to their luggage.

Since I started traveling more often for work I decided to upgrade to a higher quality bag. But if I didn't travel often then at this price-point I could probably live with these drawbacks.
77 comments| 163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2012
This bag exceeded my expectations. It is sturdy, roomy, easy to handle and fits perfectly in the plane overhead bin. Very happy with this purchase.
on July 2, 2012
The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it STINKS - literally. It has a very weird odor, kind of like tar or some other chemical odor. I put stuff in it to take to work (I'm a caregiver & stay with my client for 3 days/nights at a time)& they came out smelling like the bag. Someone mentioned I should put the bag outside in the sun for several hours - that's what a carpet cleaning guy told her to do when something had a chemical odor to it. I just got home from work & I'm going to try it today. It's going to be in the mid 90's so surely some of the smell will burn off!
Other than that, I love all the pockets & it's very roomy inside. It rolls easily too.
Oh, FYI, it does have a California Prop 65 warning about containing chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, etc. Those are probably the chemicals I'm smelling!
55 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2013
This bag is well made - fabric is strong, balance is steady when bag is filled and the handle and wheels work perfectly. Rails for the handle do not take up much space in the interior. Outer pockets are well distributed. This 22" bag is light weight and the right size for an airplane overhead compartment.
on August 22, 2011
This bag fits a lot and is sturdy. If you don't stuff the side zip openings too full, it fits as a carry-on. It looks big, so they challenged it once, but I could fit it in the test box they provide. Wheels work well etc. Love it.
on February 10, 2016
Words can not describe how much I was able to fit inside here WITH ROOM TO SPARE!! Look at the pictures! I highly recommend this to everyone! I used all the pockets on the side for, 1 pocket was black socks (7 pairs), 1 pocket was white socks(7 pairs), 1 pocket was for extra chargers, cords and random accessories, the other was for razor, shaving cream, 2 sticks of deodorant, tooth brush and paste. Front pockets held my tablet, phone (while i was on the plane, yes this was a carry on!) with plenty of room to spare, documents in the front top pocket for quick access. The bonus pocket by the handle i has no idea what to even put in there!
review image review image review image
on August 1, 2011
Short of buying an LLBean duffel bag, it doesn't get much better than this. There is a lot of space inside for pretty much anything. I think it is great for work, as well as travel. Side pockets are quite convenient, just when you need to slip a little something in there. Overall, lots of room, nice compartment, works very well.