Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 29, 2010
I bought one of these Belts (wearing it now and is the reason I'm looking for a different belt). This belt is Terrible! I like the appearance and it looks really sturdy and manly. BUT IT ISN'T!!! The leather between each of the notches breaks easily. Mine looks like I took a knife an cut thhrough each of the notches. As an accessory that will have no tension on it - OK. If you are going to tighten your belt at all, expect problems!
44 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2011
Nautica should be ashamed to put their name on this piece junk! It's not really leather - "bonded" leather (THIN peel of leather with who knows what bonded to it - paper?). Lasted only a couple months before it started falling apart. In less than 3 months the belt totally split in two pieces! Don't buy this one - you will be sorry!
on February 1, 2014
The belt looks great, but in less than two to three weeks it starts popping the weaves and after 4 to 6 weeks it is no longer wearable due to all of the broken leather weaves coming apart. I order two at the same time and both had the same problem.
on February 12, 2011
Just looking at the compositon of this "quality" (NOT!) belt, we should all know what the quality will be.

* leather
* 5% Cowhide Leather, 95% Manmade Material
* Basket weave

Shame on Nautica for stooping this low!
on December 4, 2014
Edit: My initial review is below. Just an update. 6 weeks after purchase this belt BROKE! The leather down the middle went pop pop pop and the thing split into two halves for about 6 inches. Yikes... that kinda made me feel bad. Sure I'm not as trim as I once was but I'm not a belt snapping hippo. This thing is junk. Not sure if I can return it but I'm going to try. Don't buy this stinker!!

I see one person found my original review helpful. Hope you have better luck and sorry for steering you wrong!!

=================

Original review:

I bought the Nautica and two other brands to compare. I thought I'd keep the winner and return the other two. I ended up keeping them all because they are all very nice. This one edged out the others by a nose. They were all about the same price and similar quality. This one is a bit thicker than the others but also a bit more sturdy. Depending on your belt loops you may not be able to use it due to the thickness. Otherwise, this is the one.
on August 21, 2013
I bought this belt believing that Nautica would both look good and be somewhat durable. After wearing the belt only three times, the braiding is breaking down. Unfortunately, I'm just past Amazon's return window. Very disappointed!
on January 16, 2011
I have been wearing this belt almost every day for over two years and it hasn't broken. I like the look and comfort of it and recommend the belt. I saw there were a bunch of negative reviews so I just wanted to point out I had the opposite experience.

Update: After wearing it for about three years, a lot of the braids suddenly fell apart, so I'm reducing my review from 5 stars to 4 stars. I got a non-braided belt as my next one and it is sturdier than this braided belt: Dockers Men's 35mm Feather Edge Belt
on September 20, 2011
UPDATE: 15 July 2012:

Other reviewers were correct. This belt looks nice and seems well-made but isn't. Within a couple of months the leather holes where the tab sits tore apart. It looked like someone had taken a knife and sliced right down the middle of the belt. For the price paid, I expected to get more than 2 or 3 months of use out of this. I suspect that the problem is that all of these braided leather belts are made in the same factory overseas, and they all suffer from the same shoddy quality. Back to the drawing board.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

I purchased this because I was having trouble finding a black braided leather belt that would last through more than three months of daily wear despite trying several brands. (Avoid the Dockers braided belts. The leather breaks along the top and bottom edges of the belts within weeks. This has happened to me with three separate belts in two different colors, so it's clearly just poor quality materials at work.)

The leather and construction on this belt looks to be of reasonable quality, but I have to say that after less than a day I'm considering returning it. The problem is that the loop near the buckle that holds the end of the belt is too tight. You cannot get the end of the belt through without forcing it, which twists the leather and causes the silver Nautica logo to flip around backwards.

It's possible that with some time the loop will stretch to make it easier to buckle and unbuckle the belt, but my guess is that the leather will just end up tearing fairly quickly. That's a shame because this seems to be an otherwise attractive and fairly well made belt.

Of course it's always possible that I just got a lemon.
on June 18, 2010
I ordered this belt this past December, and in the last month, 2 of the holes have broken. By which I mean the bit of leather between one hole and another where the belt is secured. This belt was meant to replace one I purchased from LL Bean (which no longer makes this particular style) nearly 10 years ago, which, while very worn now, is still in usable condition. I am NOT impressed with a belt that begins to wear out in 6 months.
on June 15, 2015
I have had this exact same belt two times over the past 10 years. I wear it every day I'm wearing brown footwear (about every other day) and tend to get about 5 good years out of them before they unravel. My weight tends to fluctuate quite a bit from training, stopping and starting up again. The cool thing about this belt is that it works whether I'm in the chubby dude or smoking hot due period ... there are no predefined holes and you can adjust dramatically up or down based on your the expansion of your waste line. You just need to get it big enough in the first place. Note that this belt is substantially thick so it probably won't work well in those skin tight skinny dude pants with dainty little belt loops.