Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Price:$950.00+ $16.49 shipping

on August 6, 2013
After using a Fujitsu Scansnap 1200S I had to upgrade to a scanner that holds more in the feeder. I am regretting not sticking with Fujitsu. I read some of the reviews on the internet for the HP Scanjet 5000 and more than one person had a problem with the software. I thought they were just being picky. But after 5 calls to HP Support, it was a MAJOR HASSLE getting this software to be recognized by my computer. I run Windows 7. Even after tech support got it up an running the software was quirky and necessitated calls to HP. One good thing, HP has very friendly and helpful support, not a consolation for crappy software. The scanner is fast and does the job. The problem is I just got a Windows 8 laptop and guess what? Yes, the laptop and the scanner aren't communicating. Hmmm, not a coincidence. Do yourself a big favor, get the Fujitsu. The software is user friendly and the scanner is excellent.
on December 8, 2011
I purchased this scanner for my small business over the summer and am now ordering a second one, as my partner nicked it and won't give it back! It is so easy to use. The software is straightforward and intuitive, even if you don't use it often. Hit the limit on the duty cycle a couple of times, but we were scanning a backlog of documents, so that was expected. We have a flatbed scanner on our Xerox multi-function machines, but we no longer use them for scanning. Hope to add one for every desk.
on July 27, 2011
Excellent scanner, half the price buying from USA rather than Australia - get your act together HP $200 postage still makes it $100's cheaper for exactly the same product! Scanner works very well, fast and efficient, software is simple to use. Happy cuctomer.
on July 8, 2013
It is very fast, and easy to use, love the features that allow you to separate many pages into different documents. And the compact size for your desktop allowing for it to be close at hand. Very professional machine. I’d highly recommend it.
on April 28, 2013
Truly high speed scanning and we did 2,000 pages within the first day or so of operation. Flawless operation. Easy set up.
on January 15, 2016
I have the Scanjet 5000 and like another reviewer it is the worst experience I have ever had. The scans are great and the speed is great. However, I can be scanning and all of the sudden the driver/computer will no longer connect with the scanner. After multiple restarts and resets it will sometimes start to work again. I could not get any help from HP on this issue except it must be my computer. I cannot believe a company like HP will allow such a buggy scanner that it bills as its professional model to be on the market. Guess the only good place for this scanner is the trash can.
on April 3, 2014
When it works, it works great. When it doesnt work, you can have hours of frustration. As the other review stated, the software is buggy. There is sometimes an error message that the hatch door is open when it is actually closed. Sometimes trying to open the hatch door is impossible as it is somehow locked. When this nuisance isnt occurring, you can spend half a day trying to figure out why the scanner is making black pages or pages with streaks down the page. Turning the machine on and off, waiting a few minutes for the machine to warm up, and then having no different result is very frustrating. Opening the hatch and cleaning the glass scanner sometimes works, and other times has no effect. It is simply the worst business machine I have ever purchased. I would stay far away from it.