Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on December 15, 2010
I bought these for my twins' cribs after trying several other products to stop them from chewing up their cribs. At first I was really pleased with the rail guards because they went on so easily and looked really cute. After a week or so, however, I started finding clumps of white fluff in the boys' beds and on their pajamas. I discovered that they were picking at the underneath side of the guards, which look smooth, but if you pick or scratch at them you get lots of fluffy white fibers that look like stuffing from the inside of a stuffed animal. I had to remove the guards when I saw that the boys were actually putting the fluff in their mouths and chewing on it. If your kids are pickers, I would definitely recommend you not purchase this product.
on August 6, 2009
The first time my daughter started chewing the rail of her crib, it was already too late. The damage was done. The finish was removed from an area about the size of a quarter in two places, one from her top teeth and another from the bottom not to mention the many scratches in other places, all along the front edge of her crib. I looked at other crib rail guards and none of them would fit our convertible crib. These are wonderful! Not only are they soft, easy to install and are machine washable, but there's a waterproof layer so when she chews it now, the wetness doesn't seep down to the wood to damage it further. I also purchased the front rail cover to protect the crib on all the sides she could chew. I highly recommend this product!!

Now that I have owned this product for some time I wanted to make a suggestion. I still highly recommend these protective guards, but before you wash them, place a few stitches through it in a few places to keep the cushioning in place. The first washing wasn't too bad, but after the second and third, the batting inside has bunched up and no longer lies flat and is doubled in some areas. It's not a sheet that you can maneuver back to it's original position. Once it's bunched, it's bunched. I haven't found a way to fix it, but it doesn't look that bad.
on June 12, 2015
My son had just started to bite on the crib rails so I knew I would find the answer on what to do on my favorite site…Amazon! I wasn't a fan originally of this one by looking at the picture online because I thought the strings hanging made it look sloppy. However, I ordered it anyway since it had good reviews. When it arrived I threw it in the wash and I must say it washed well. Then I was pleasantly surprised to see that as I was placing the wrap on the crib the strings were long enough for me to tie them in a neat little bow. So, no sloppy hanging strings and they have remained tied through many pulls and bites! This has definitely saved my crib rails!
review image
on July 16, 2015
I couldn't believe when I walked in on my 10 month old with wood chips all over her face from gnawing on her crib rails. We have 4 kids and never have we experienced this before! Thankfully the paint was non-toxic but she did a number on the wood too. In order to prevent further damage I went on amazon to look for a solution. I saw these fleece rails and they fit securely on my sleigh crib (exactly like pictured). She still gnaws on the rails, but now it's the soft fleece and not wood/paint!
on April 7, 2015
It has stopped my son from making marks on the crib rail. I did have to put a non slip pad under the crib pad to keep it from sliding. Not sure if any other crib pad has this type of backing or not. But it was a real easy fix. I actually used left over pieces from doing my kitchen cabinets. I laid the pieces down and put cover on top. Worked great. And the actual crib pad is a very soft fabric. It ties which is nice because my son can undo Velcro. And it ties on the outside so he cannot reach it. Even if he could though he couldn't undo it.
on December 15, 2015
These covers are washable and attractive. Their primary purpose is to prevent my young child from biting the sides of his crib. He can still grab the bar easily, and this does not prevent him from jumping in his crib, which he enjoys immensely and never tires of. If he slips and hits his head, the blow will be softened.

The fabric is soft and fleece-y. The back is plastic-y and non-permeable. I've put them through the wash twice with no degradation in structure or appearance. They tie on easily and securely, but can also be easily removed. The straps seem to be well attached.

There are a few other collateral benefits of these which I did not realize until we installed them:
1. The block light. Not much light, but some.

2. Because they extend downwards from the top of the crib, they prevent him from putting his hands through the bars near the top. Our crib is next to a dresser that is shorter than the top of the crib. The pads extend below the top of the dresser, so they prevent the young fellow from reaching items on the dresser and from getting his arm stuck between the top of the dresser and the bottom of the crib bar.
on June 17, 2015
We are on our second child with these and they're still working great! I have machine washed and dried these over a dozen times without issue. The outer material is still super soft and the plastic underneath is mostly intact. Machine drying does tend to put little holes in the plastic material underneath over time. It's not bad enough to pose a safety/health risk, though. I was worried they wouldn't fit our crib. It has odd dimensions and I was having trouble finding ones that would fit (and wouldn't cost a fortune) at Babies R Us. My only issue (and the reason I gave them 4 instead of 5 stars) is that my child can pull the knot through the hole if he pulls hard enough. Since he can only ever seem to get one through, and the ties aren't long enough to pose a strangulation hazard, it's not that big of a deal. No more chew marks on the crib or finding tiny paint flecks in my baby's mouth. Yuck.
on March 30, 2016
Purchased this item along with the Long version to completely wrap our crib. Works incredibly well. Super soft and high quality. Doesn't come off when the baby pulls up on itand doesnt shred lint when the baby tries to chew it. Yet it is still easy to remove and wash ...this has saved our crib during the teething years! Don't hesitate to try it out, worked great for us!
on July 14, 2015
These work great! Toddler has loved to bite things, and I was worried that my toddle would son find a mouth full of splinters or worse with our new crib. However, these work wonders! These are super easy to clean and tie onto the criib. They then are super soft and keep their integrity (well over a year now). I was hesitant to fork over the money to pay for this--btu I'm glad I did. I don't have time to make knick knack fleece wraps. These are quality, that I don't have to worry about falling apart. It's just good to have piece of mind.
on April 10, 2013
We just purchased, washed, and set up. Held up great in the wash - washed per instructions and hung to dry. Easy to fasten to crib rail, it didn't fit exactly evenly with the rungs, but still works well with very minimal bunching. Daughter loves to stand in her crib and this hasn't prevented her from doing that nor does it turn or move when she pulls on it.
Happy with the purchase and happy to prevent further teeth marks on her crib.