Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on June 27, 2009
I am just starting out in photography, on a limited budget, and looking for good wide angle lenses. I was looking at the more expensive wide angle lenses, but I saw the 0.5x digital wide angle macro professional series lens, so I decided to give it a shot. Heck, how bad could it be? Well... it's pretty bad. Besides the fact that the lens positively reeks of benzene (not too good for you...cancer causing carcinogen), the major issue I have with the lens is the results of the pictures, which I am sure everyone else would be as well. When you take a picture with the lens attachment, you get this very dark and noticeable vignetting. Don't like that at all. In order to get rid of the vignetting, you have to close the focal distance. But in doing so, you negate the entire purpose of the lens, to take wide angle pictures. Look at the pictures I posted and judge for yourself whether or not you can deal with it. The other issue was the fish-eye effect.

[IMG][...]

On the whole, a regrettable purchase. However, turning lemons into lemonade, I am also the proud owner of a $30 paper weight shaped like a camera lens. Sweeeet! It actually works very well as a paper weight. The cap at the top functions as a very good grip and the cap at the bottom is smooth and able to glide over even the toughest of paper stacks. And what's that? You need two paperweights, well fear not, because a few dozen counter clockwise turns separates the smaller macro lens (which does absolutely nothing by itself... still confused as to why the two lenses are detachable) from the upper part of the lens (which also does nothing useful) and voila! Two paper weights! And a simple application of your favorite stickers to the body of the lens enables you to express your own creativity as well as support either you favorite sports team, hello kitty, or whatever else you desire.

Believe me, save up and buy a quality wide angle lens and not this particular "lens." When it comes to photography equipment, a short cut ends up costing you twice as much in the long run.
on September 6, 2009
OK, I have been looking into getting one of these for my Oly and from what I have read you are really getting two items. 1 A wide angle lens adapter and 2 a macro adapter.
When used together they produce a "sorta" fish-eye look (from looking at your image thats what it did)

Just a thought but try using them separately to see if they do as billed.
on January 23, 2012
was one of the bestt buy I did. very good product i never thoght that for the price I paid I received so good product and service.
on November 14, 2009
I like to take panoramic pictures, this is a excellent option for that additional space in your picture.