Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: VIONIC with Orthaheel Technology Men's Walker
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on September 20, 2012
I recently purchased this shoe for my husband who has severe pain in his feet, and is on them all day at his job. So I was very excited to surprise him with these shoes after all the reviews I'd read about how much they help! I'm saddened to say that we just received them, and I wish I had paid more attention. THEY DO RUN SMALL. If I have any advice is please do order a size up.. We ordered the size 12, received and they are in fact to small, his toes were cramped, So I called- to which prompted this review, and you have to pay to return them! I expected a lot more from a company selling $100 shoes, perhaps I'm just old fashioned that way.. but that's what I'd expected, So they get 2 stars for now, cause frankly I am not impressed up to this point in time. I will review again in lets see they said 6-10 processing time, + another shipping time... 2 weeks...or more. :( <Very disappointed customer.

Forgot to come back and edit this review, we did after all the hassle get the correct size shoe, and when you buy a size up. Jon loves them. He no longer has foot pain and we will probably buy them again. In the next size up. So in the end company = BAD customer service. Shoe = stands up to what it says.
77 comments|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2012
I have Retrocalcaneal Bursitis, and Plantar Fasciitis, so ordinary shoes are agony to walk in. These shoes help a lot, and I'm able to stay on my feet and walk long distances in relative comfort. The key to their effectiveness is the removable inserts included with the shoes, in conjunction with ample sole padding. The shoes aren't perfect, and I'm not pain free, but they are well worth the price, and my discomfort level has declined from a 9 to a 3 on a scale of 10 when walking.
on July 3, 2013
Hi:

I have Plantar fasciitis and a heel spur. Your shoes allow me to walk comfortably and even play a little tennis.

I plan to get a second pair as a backup. Great shoes.

Dick Hawkins
on July 2, 2013
I purchased these shoes to help with plantar fasciitis. After wearing the shoes for a few weeks, I
haven't noticed much help, however, I realize the PF problem might be to difficult to solve with just
changing shoes. The shoes have excellent support. As far as confort, they could use more cushioning.
They are also somewhat stiff. This is as they should be since they are meant to solve a problem.
The size issue reported in other reviews is correct. I ordered a half size larger and they fit fine. Overall,
I think, it's worth giving these shoes a try.
on April 18, 2016
Up front, let me say that these did make my plantar fasciitis feel much better after a few days. One of the few methods that makes it feel demonstrably better. So, they do work.

However, I have a few gripes that temper all that nice feeling:

1. Why can't they get their sizing down? Read the reviews here to select your 'proper' size. I did, and they fit great.(I'm a 9.5, so I ordered a 10.5)

2. They squeak. Did from day one. It's bad enough I have black shoes with 'ORTHAHEEL' emblazoned on them, but they announce my entrance, as well.

3. The kicker: I've owned these less than five months and they are already separating between the sole and the upper. I don't wear them every day because I have inserts for other shoes. My wife says I got plantar fasciitis because I have always bought cheap sneakers. I don't know if she's right, but these were the most expensive I have ever bought and lasted the shortest amount of time before separating!! I have $30 sneakers that have lasted over two years. five months is pathetic for shoes in this price range.

If I can include images, I will provide proof.

Hope it helps.
review image
on August 17, 2012
These shoes are built to last and provide great support and comfort. My teenage son has flat feet and he
pronates. We tried these shoes three years ago and he loves them and has worn them ever since.
on September 20, 2014
Purchased these shoes for heal pain and hammer toes. After a few hours of wearing my heal pain went away. I was able to walk again! The sad part is that after 4 months the left shoe developed a terrible squeak. I think the inner sole was coming apart. Amazon worked with me on this and I received another pair. The second pair did not fit at all, too small and too tight. Amazon gave me a full refund including shipping. Can't ask for more from Amazon but very sad the shoes did not hold up.
on November 16, 2015
I ordered the largest size available size 13 2E US but those shoes came way to small, I can barely push those shoes on my feet with pain. Amazing! I have never had any problem ordering shoes via Amazon, always ordering the same size 13 Wide, always perfect fit. There must be something wrong with Vionic size table standard! unless this pair of shoes was labeled wrong, they are not matching the size of any of my other shoes labeled same size 13 2E US (wide). Cat, Timberland, Merrell, no problem there, all those shoes previously ordered fits perfectly size 13 2E ! This is more than $160 loss for me as I ordered those shoes to be sent outside US (using mail forwarding service), returning them would cost me more than buying other shoes, other brand for sure! I had much hope those shoes would be good for my feet as I am struggling with RLS, but Vionic doesn't seem to have size for me, perhaps the size table is for Chinese market as those shoes are Made in China! See attached photo, in comparison with 2 normal size shoes! ............... BIG disappointment!
review image
on April 24, 2014
I purchased a pair of these shoes for myself and found them superior to other walking shoes in controlling my over pronation. I purchased this pair for my husband. He has been quite pleased and echoes my praise, saying he finds them to have quite a bit more support than other walking shoes. As others have said, they are a bit stiff and there is not a lot of padding inside, but good padded athletic socks takes care of that issue. This stiffness gives us great support and a nice, wide footprint keeps our feet from feeling "wobbly." Seniors like us will particularly appreciate this.

We both recommend this Orthaheel Walker to anyone who has an over pronation problem or just wants the stability this shoe provides.
on March 14, 2013
I just received my Orthaheel shoes today, so I can't yet rate their comfort and performance. I'm writing this initial review right now to thank the people who left reviews pointing out that these shoes are a size too small, and to echo their experience.

I normally wear a men's 12 in sneakers and hiking shoes, so I ordered a size 13 Orthaheel, and it fits perfectly.

Order up a full size.

Updated 3/18/2013: It took a couple of days for me to get used to these. I think I have fairly normal arches, and the arch support felt a little too high to me. My wife, who has high arches, said that it took her some time to get used to the higher support, too, and she has been wearing Birkenstocks (which have good arch support) for decades.

Inserting plain, flat, air-cushion insoles took care of that. The insoles make the arch support in the Orthaheel feel less drastic, and with them the shoes are very, very comfortable.

What I like best is the solid feel of the heel cup. I haven't felt that in any other commercial shoe. Your heel nestles right in and feels fully supported in all directions. It's fantastic!

The one con that remains is that the shoes "clunk" when I walk in them. They don't seem overly large or heavy, but I sound a bit like Frankenstein's monster coming down the street. Before this, I'd been walking pretty silently in my North Face Hedgehogs and New Balance sneakers.

Overall, though, I still give them five stars. With the flat inserts, the comfort and fit are incredible, and they definitely do give a feeling of being better aligned and supported.