Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bodum New Brazil 8-Cup French Press Coffee Maker, 34-Ounce, Black
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 16, 2011
We love coffee made with a French Press. Unfortunately the glass Bodum uses is very brittle. Our dishwasher has broken two in the past 6 months; nothing else has ever broken in the dishwasher, including crystal white wine glasses. Our original Bodum had a metal holder, which rusted so the latest we bought was constructed from unbreakable plastic, which proved so stiff that we could not remove the glass vessel from the handle, without shattering the glass.
on January 30, 2010
I sent this coffee press to a soldier in Iraq for Christmas and we keep hearing about how he shares it with other soldiers and enjoys the coffee. It was affordable and simple for them to use. I send coffee in care packages (with cookies, of course) and I am so happy to find a gift they really use.
on December 12, 2010
It's my first French press so I can't compare with others but I can say I like this a lot. I use a Capresso drip maker with a built in grinder for the first, quick pot of the day. But when I have the time I use the press and enjoy the distinctly different flavor. I use the Capresso to grind the beans for the press and was pleasantly surprised that even the finest grind doesn't get past the Bodum strainer. No grounds in the coffee at all. For what it's worth this review is by an extreme coffee lover; I buy my beans green and roast them myself.
on January 20, 2011
I was impressed with the quality of this unit. This is the first time I have tried a French press. It provides a different experience in taste (a good one) over my regular coffee maker. It is important to use a more coarse grind of coffee though. I would recommend it to those wishing a deeper "coffee experience."
on September 30, 2010
Was introduced to a smaller Bodum French Press coffee maker on a camping trip. Was very impressed. Great tasting coffee so easily prepared under less than ideal conditions. Decided to get one for home use.

Did read the capacity specifications, but the "8-cup" was still misleading. It actually produces about 2 - 3 average mug size "cups" of coffee.
on December 13, 2011
loved the coffee this makes, but the plunger mechanism broke after 3 months.
the little plastic nut that holds the whole plunger/screen/filter together popped loose, so the plunger goes down but the filter doesn't.
on July 9, 2010
This is a very good press style coffee maker. The plunger and mesh screen are of very good quality and workmanship. I would recommend it.
on December 29, 2011
This is a very well made cheaper alternative to metal housed versions. I ended up returning this one as I was not happy with the plastic parts that it had. They seemed to flex a little bit and just wasn't what I wanted. I use my press everyday. The metal housed version has all stainless hardware unlike this one that is more plastic. It still uses the stainless screen, spring, and rod. BUT, the metal versions which are called the "Chambord" have metal threaded parts to attach the plunger to the screen assembly. Also, it uses a metal housing to hold the beaker in addition to the heavier duty handle. This is a good option for the budget conscience however. I still give it 4 out of 5 stars.
on September 12, 2011
I love this press. It's seen me through countless mornings after sleepless, baby-filled nights. And I'll love it again, after I purchase a replacement for the glass beaker. While I really like the aesthetics of this design, I frequently found it difficult to get the handle back over the lip of the beaker after a washing. I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong, but it just always seemed like it was just barely going to fit each time and I had to muscle the handle into place. Then, this morning, the inevitable happened. I used a little too much muscle, and the handle clipped down too hard and shattered the glass in my hands. I sliced open my thumb and thoroughly freaked myself out by the sight of my own blood pooling in the coffee grounds.

But I'll give it another try. Maybe there's a trick someone wants to share? Until then, I suppose I'll leave it up to my husband- he already does all the jar lids.
on December 13, 2012
It makes great coffee, no question. Barely any plastic in contact with the hot beverage (only the part that holds the screen in place).

But two minor details knock off a star.
1.) Washing the unit gets water stuck between the plastic base and the glass beaker. When pouring a cup of coffee, the trapped wash water trickles up the outside and into your coffee. Only solution is to wash the day before.
2.) Coffee grounds get caught between the screen and the metal support ring. Makes cleanup slightly more difficult.