Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Color: Orange|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on June 13, 2009
I bought these to replace the aging earbuds that came with my iPod almost two years ago. At $10, I thought "why not at least give them a try?" about these, and at first I thought I'd made a mistake. When I opened the package, I noticed that they were packaged in a way that you would expect to see something on a shelf in a children's section of a toy store, and when I removed them, they felt slightly plasticky.

Though that's the only bad thing. They come with two different sizes of earbud inserts (for lack of a better word) which are both extremely comfortable, and work effectively to block out any noise (an unadvertised feature, and one that should be!). The sound quality is simply amazing, comparable to something that you'd spent upwards of $100 on. They seem to have onboard amplifiers of some sort, as even at the lowest volume, the audio is adequate enough to be heard easily. If you looking for new earbuds and don't want to spend much, you should definitely consider these.
22 comments|157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2009
I just purchased this item a few days ago based on the positive review here. The product well exceded my expectations. The sound quality is among the best I've heard, and the cord seems strong and like it won't break apart, as happens with the less expensive Maxell earphones. It's also quite comfortable on my ears. I'm definitely buying another one because people might not want to buy these due to the M&M title would seem to imply lower quality (I'm so glad I saw the other review!)
on September 28, 2009
These earbuds are very nice. They block most of the ambient sound. They deliver crisp high and deep lows. They come with various size cushions for a custom fit. Would definitily buy more!!
on May 4, 2010
I searched and searched for a pair of ear buds that, should I fall asleep while listening to an audiobook, would be comfortable enough not to wake me up and or cause ear damage. These fit the bill nicely. Perhaps because they are designed with kids in mind, they fit me better than any others I have tried. I guess I have small ears for an adult. The first pair I bought at Fry's and they cost a little more. They lasted a long time, but eventually the insulation cracked in a couple of places. They still worked but I looked on Amazon to see if I could find another pair. I was very pleased when they arrived and I found that the insulation is much more supple than the first ones I bought so I don't think the cracking will be an issue.

These earbuds really do look like M&M's so DO NOT leave them laying around where younger children can get them. They are rated for 8 years and older and should do fine for kids that age unless you have an 8-year old who still puts inedible things in their mouths. Either way, it's YOUR fault if you get them and your kid tries to eat them.
on August 10, 2011
I have really tiny ears and have always had trouble with other ear buds staying in or fitting comfortable. I bought my 10 year old daughter a pair of these over a year ago at a store and they fit her great. I tried them and loved them too. I decided to buy myself a pair but couldn't find them in the stores anywhere. I tried other brands that looked similar but none fit the same way. They have to be this specific brand for the fit I need. Luckily, I found them here at a cheaper price. I am getting ready to order another pair so I can leave one set at work. The sound is great, the fit it perfect for tiny ears (kids and adults) and the price is right.

I highly recommend for anyone who has trouble keeping other ear buds in. I have NO trouble with these at all.
on October 27, 2010
I have tried so many different earphones and earbuds and then I happened across these. They are perfect for my small ears and the sound quality is great. The price is wonderful so I bought a few pairs for home and work...never know when you will need a backup. They have two size earpiece pads so you can get just the right fit for you and they stay comfortably in your ear. I can even sleep with them and I'm a rough sleeper. I would recommend these to anyone who has had trouble in the past with earbuds because of small ears. They come in many different colors so there is one that is sure to please. Great price, great fit, great buy!
on November 30, 2010
These things are amazing! I have differently shaped ears and the comfy cushion fit perfectly! If you ever run across these, buy some! People used to tell me i had food in my ear and i would say, "no, i don't. I am listening to my ipod!" they would always ask me where to buy some and i said, "always look on Amazon!"

Buy Them! They rock!
on September 25, 2010
I love these earbuds! The sound and fit are both great. I have found other earbuds to be too big; they hurt my ears and don't stay in well. These are perfect, and they are cute as can be, besides!
on November 19, 2011
I, too got suckered in by my love for greem M&M's and how cute these earbuds are. However they are awful for me - I have small ears and cannot get the buds to stay in my ears even though I use these at home while sitting basically still. I can't enjoy listening to music fully and noise reduction is horrible in comparison to my Skull Candy earbuds.

I'd planned to buy additional colors but will not now for fear that I'll have the same problem - it's a shame because they are cute in theory but not functional.
on October 22, 2014
I feel the need to write a quick review here due to all the extremely positive reviews for these earbuds. I have been collecting headphones for years, inexpensive and higher priced. There are some really incredible sounding earbuds out there at ridiculously low prices, these are not one of them. Many reviews rave about the sound quality and I don't know how (saying they are close to that of $100 headphones..???). The sound quality is terrible, extremely uneven and distorted and muffled blocking out ranges. Right out of the box it is not strange for headphones to sound muffled, burn in or gradual listening can fix this. I burned this headphones in for close to 100 hours, still heavy distortion and you have to crank up the music just to hear the highs. Just an incredibly hollow and poor sound. Now many will say these are only $8, well monoprice makes a pair of IEMs for $8-11 that blow these out of the park.

As far as the build quality goes it is also very cheap, but I expected that and would have given them 5 stars if the sound quality was up to par. The plastic is dollar store quality and feels almost sticky to the touch. There is also static whenever the jack is bumped.

To clarify, there are excellent budget earbuds out there and I am going to list a handful of them (all available on amazon, under $30) here and I highly recommend if you are looking for inexpensive but far above average headphones.

Monoprice 108320 Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones, Silver
iKross 3.5mm Stereo Earbuds with Microphone For Apple iPhone 6 / 6 Plus / 5 / 5S /5C, HTC One (E8), One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S5 Android Smartphone
Symphonized NRG Premium Genuine Wood In-ear Noise-isolating Headphones with Mic (White)
Aleratec TunePhonik iMX5 In-Ear Headphones 3.5mm Premium Stereo Headset with In-line Microphone
New Original Gold Xiaomi 2nd Piston Earphone Ii Headphone Headset Earbud with Remote & Mic for Smartphone
Brainwavz Delta Silver IEM Earphones With In-Line Microphone for Smartphones
Brainwavz Beta In Ear Noise Isolating Headphones
(Basically any brainwavz earbuds)
Monoprice 108321 Button Design Noise Isolating Earphones for Cellphones - Retail Packaging - Black and White
Monoprice 109396 Hi-Fi Premium Noise Isolating Earphones for Cellphones - Retail Packaging - Black and Red
Monoprice 108322 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Stud Earphones, Black
(almost any monoprice earbuds)
JLab J.Fi.M Wood and Metal Fusion Natural Acoustic Sound Earbuds Style Earphones (Ebony / Titanium)

And maybe the king of budget earbuds (lowest price)
iLuv iEP322BLK City Lights In-Ear Earphones - Ultra Bass - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

Hopefully this has been helpful.