Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 24, 2009
PROS:
-Good computer, good sound for a laptop, the sub-woofer helps.
-Nice, big display.
-The keyboard is nice.
-Touch pad works great.
-Bought it for my son & he LOVES it (Ok, that's more of a personal pro...)
-cool "touch buttons" to turn on bluetooth, sub-woofer, wireless & webcam

CONS:
-Finger print reader is very picky, rarely recognizes finger print on the first or second try, in fact, it usually takes many swipes before it finally logs in, which defeats the purpose. Password is MUCH faster.
-The webcam is terrible.
-Not a gaming laptop, but can play less demanding games at lower resolutions. To give you an idea, Titan Quest is choppy at times.
-Gets HOT. I purchased a laptop cooler, the "ZALMAN Ultra Quiet Notebook Cooler Model ZM-NC1500", which works great, from here:

[...]
When I purchased this laptop, the description was for a better computer, with a better ATI dedicated video card, more memory & a bigger hard drive. I was disappointed when this computer showed up on my door step. I called amazon.com customer support, but they told me I needed to call the manufacturer. After a little research on the web [...]. , I realized amazon's description was wrong, but the price was right for the computer I received, & my son was VERY happy with it, so I just kept it. Looks like they've since corrected the description, so now you know what you're actually getting. Yes it's worth the price, buy I would've loved to have received the other computer...
on May 29, 2009
As the title says the screen didn't work properly out of the box. It looked like tecni-color barf or when you have a loose cable wire and the picture is off. I tried new video card drivers and playing around with the display settings. Neither resolved the problem and is why i ended up returning this product.

Other mostly minor things to consider. The the cd/dvd drive was louder then normal. Also this product doesn't come with recovery discs. Have to burn them your selves which it prompts you to do at start up. The finger print reader by the touch pad was oversensitive and irksome at times. And the case is a fingerprint magnet if that sort of thing bugs you. But these are mostly nitpicky things.

On the plus side this is a great bang for the buck machine. Dedicated video card and a dual core processor hard to come by at this price point. Its light on the bloatware you have to remove. If the screen hadn't been fubar i would happily still be using it. Amazon didn't have a replacement in stock but they were prompt with emails and handled my return and refund with very little hassle.

Overall I don't think it's bad machine but i happened to end up with a dud. So it gets two stars because amazon handled the return smoothly. Had it worked out of the box with out the screen trouble i would have given it 3 or 4 stars after i had given it more testing.
on June 9, 2009
Great laptop!!! I initially bought this item because of the 16:9 screen and the sound system. And I am very pleased with it since I got more than what I'd expected.
Pros:
huge screen
lighter than expected
Hybrid SLI 9100m g + 9300m gs
speakers are great sub woofer really makes some noise
bluetooth
Ralink N Draft

my only cons are heat issues but to be very very picky....
express cards like remove controllers stick out of the slot about 2 mm
heat issue at the bottom left corner if subwoofer is on at high volumes
hard drive directly below on the other side of the mouse pad
get's hot after a couple of hours on normal usage.
battery could have been alittle better
I felt that 1366 x 768 is alittle low for the screen
no dedicated volume control (WHY OF ALL THINGS!!!)
this is probably more of a software issue but when changing ECO modes it tends to stall alittle before being ready to use.

but aside from that with the price there's no non better :D my second MSI laptop and I'm loving them both!!
on January 8, 2010
I know this item is no longer being made, but I wanted to give a general review for the laptop and an over-review of MSI. This laptop performs well, has little bloatware, works great with the Win7 upgrade, and the video card is even powerful enough to handle some online MMORPG's (not quite to desktop standards, but good enough for a lunch break log in).

I have to say that one of the best things I've learned from this laptop is about how nice MSI laptops are. After purchasing mine, my father and then husband have bought other models for themselves. I would recommend this or any other MSI laptop that fits your needs.
on July 5, 2009
However, the laptop works very well. I installed Windows 7 flawlessly and it has been running very well since then. I'm able to play CS 1.6 @ 100fps, WoW (lower/medium settings 1366x768 resolution) smoothly, Diablo 2 PERFECTLY, FFXI, etc. All newer games run 40-60 FPS on lower settings which is fine enough for me. I'm glad I purchased it, however I wish I had waited to get a refurbished Asus with a 9800M dedicated GPU for about $120 more.
on June 9, 2009
I bought this MSI laptop for my son to go to college this fall. He is really putting it through it's paces and it is passing with flying colors. The nVidia video gives it a great image and plays games really well. The 3gb ram and 250gb hd are very good. Very pleased with this purchase. Free shipping and no sales tax were a bonus. I think MSI did a great job on this one.
on August 26, 2009
Very good laptop for $600, I run World of Warcraft very fluent at full video setting, my only concern until now its that sometimes hard drive start to make a noise its very annoying