Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Philips SHK1035/27 Headband Headphone For Kids- Blue (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 18, 2012
The headphones arrived in perfect condition, very quickly. My granddaughter loves them. I like the fact that the sound will not exceed healthy levels for young ears. I would recommend this product to others who want a quality product for their kids.
on February 28, 2013
I am an audiologist (hearing specialist), so obviously, I was concerned about getting headphones that have a lower potential for harming my children's hearing. I bought these AFTER purchasing two pairs of a more expensive supra-aural kind with animals on the ears. The animal phones fell apart right away- that is, the ear pads came off, and I was unable to keep them on short of superglue. So, I bought these, thinking that at least they're cheap, so if my son breaks them immediately I'm not out much. That was Christmas, and it's now March, and they're still together. They fit my 2.5 year-old's head and ears perfectly, are comfortable, and lighter than those other ones, too.

They are slightly output-limiting, so if your little one figures out how to turn the volume up on your computer/phone/DVD... these won't blast him too bad, and the fact that they're OVER THE EAR rather than in-the-ear means the sound is even less likely to cause damage. They do not limit so much that the audio can't be heard, though. I've listened to be sure, and it comes through perfectly loud and clear, when turned up. They are probably NOT the best phones for an audiophile with a tiny head, but since kids aren't likely to be trying to pick out the piccolos in a symphony, these are perfectly appropriate for 99% of young children. They might NOT be appropriate if your kid has a very large head, though, and I don't think I'd buy them for a kid over about 6 because they are small. I highly recommend them & will buy again, when my sons eventually trash them.
on December 30, 2011
the sound is great and they are perfect for kids. I bought these for my 5 year old grandson and they fit perfect
on October 8, 2012
After comparing other child-sized headphones, I went with these since they seemed cheaper than most, but still good quality. I bought two pairs (for two kids) and a splitter because we were planning to use them on a plane. They might not be as "cozy" as some others with padding and a thicker band across the top, but there were no complaints from my two- and four-year-old. If we were planning to fly often, I would probably have spent a little more and purchased Kidz Gear Wired Headphones For Kids, but we might only use these a handful of times.

Overall, a good buy and they seem like they will last as long as we need them to.
VINE VOICEon February 1, 2013
My 7-year-old granddaughter walks around with these headphones glued to her ears all the time! This is the second pair we bought for her but the others didn't work because they didn't stay in her small ears. These are perfect. She takes them on our 2-3 mile walks and is happily in her own element dancing to her music. These stay in. We highly recommend them.
on June 9, 2013
We bought these for our 5 year old to use with his Leapster, DVD player, and our Kindle Fire (he watches cartoons and plays game on the Kindle). They block out all sound; I can't hear anything coming out of the units when he's using them. I assume that means that the volume control is working. Unfortunately, they barely fit him. He is tall for a 5 year old and probably has a larger head than some 5 year olds. They are adjusted to the max, and they barely cover his ears. They are fine for now, but I doubt we will get more than a year or two out of them-which is fine since they were reasonably priced. As a result, however, I cannot put them on myself to verify how the volume control works (kinda hard to tell since I can only put one to my ears at a time). They seem very sturdy; he tends to be kind of hard on this sort of thing, and they tolerated being put in the front of his backpack and taken in and out while traveling on vacation for a week. He has used them daily for about a month and they are still great. Overall, I would buy this again (except for the fact that he will outgrow them before too long).
on May 19, 2013
But, I haven't given them much use. I have a 20-month-old whose head is something like 95th percentile. I was disappointed when these arrived, because the box said the age was 6 yrs plus.

They had handily left this important detail out in the product description & specs on Amazon. These headphones came in that ridiculous packaging that you have to destroy to get into, so I didn't even try them on my daughter. I bought, instead, the iFrog Animatones headphones. Reviewers had said these fit their kids close in age to mine.

Fortunately, the Animatones came in sensible packaging that could be reused if needed, because they ended up being too small for my daughter's noggin, & I returned them. At that point, I opened the Phillips & they fit my daughter great. They seemed to work fine when we practiced with them at home.

When we took them on the trip I'd bought them for, though, she refused to wear them. So, I haven't used them much.
on January 9, 2013
I'm extremely happy with the headphones. The package says 6+ but they are adjustable. My 3yr old has a large head and these fit perfectly! They work really well with his Zeepad.
on July 23, 2013
When my son needed a pair of ear buds or headset for the computer lab I knew I needed to order something that would hold up to the classroom. So after reading many reviews I picked these. That was in 2011. 2 years later, and after daily use in school (1st and 2nd grades) they came home still working just fine. Getting ready for school this year I realized just how dirty they had gotten. So I went back to Amazon and was thrilled to find that they still sell them. They arrived quickly and we are ready for school. And now we have a pair (be it a dirty pair) for home. Win win.
on August 31, 2013
These headphones are small but perfect for smaller children .
I bought for a 5 year old and a 3 year old and they fit perfectly.

They work well and are durable. They have been knocked around
and dropped many times and are still working.

Really like the volume control feature as I wouldn't be comfortable allowing
this age child to use them without that feature.

My only complaint is the foam pad on the ear pieces do come off
pretty easily and they are forever taking them off.
They also go back on pretty easily it's just a nuisance that's all lol.
But that is a minor thing really, if you want you could just remove those.
Our kids have used them without the pads and have never really noticed any difference.