Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: NVE-M300 - Alpine GPS Navigation Add-On System for iXA-W404 and iXA-407
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 12, 2009
I am not the least bit impressed with this unit. I never thought I would regret replacing the Blackbird PMD-B100T with this POS.

But I do regret it. The Voice recognition is CRAP ... stutters, pitch changes in voice in mid sentence, slow to respond, your head unit remote control will not work for NAV, only the touch screen works.

Im embarrassed to use this thing in front of friends AND family. Its comical. We laugh out loud evey time directions are muttered by this POS. If your looking for a good laugh, this is it! but your amusment will soon turn to anger that Alpine would sell you somthing like this.

As Per Apline support, they have no plans on fixing these flaws. I quote:

"The NVE-M300's voice guidance system is slightly digitized in comparison with the prior PMD-B200 due to the implementation of Text-To-Speech. Currently there are no updates forecasted for this unit. Please contact customer service for more information"

DON'T BUY ... you have been warned.
on February 22, 2011
I thought this was a decent nav. It's gotten me everywhere I need to go so far. The voice it reads the directions to you with is a joke but I don't really mind. It's honestly pretty easy to use and if you can't understand the voice all you have to do is look down at the display.
on March 15, 2010
had this installed for almost a month now....
simple review

Pros:
Auto Updates the time on my iva-w505
can get me to most places fine
SUPERFAST gps lock

Cons:
My job, which has been at the same location for over 20 years, is not on the map! it's not on navtec's page either but shows up on my wife's magellan
a bit slow in 3d mode

other:
text to speech is decent
i wish the audio was a bit higher... or at least matched the current audio volume.
wish it also had an sd slot.... i figure eventually 4GB of space won't be enough.
on April 16, 2012
Good nav unit. Works fast and has been accurate so far. Why hasn't alpine provided any updates for this unit though ??

Pros : Accurate tracking, finds streets easily, routes very quickly. Small unit with minimal hookups. Long wires provided.

Cons : No traffic support, no updates from alpine,
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse