Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Carhartt Men's Washed Denim Original Fit Work Dungaree B13
Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 27, 2009
I would like to first point out that this particular model of jean uses slightly thinner fabric (11.75oz) than some of the other more rugged jeans that Carhartt sells. This model (B13) is the one most commonly found at other Brick and Mortar retailers (Sears etc).

For everyday use I have found this model of jean to be plenty durable and very consistent in the sizing. I'm primarily using these as work wear but as I'm in an office setting I'm not very hard on them.

A few points:
The right "leg" pocket is perfect for more modestly sized smart-phones.
The left "leg" pocket is quite narrow and deep.
The main pockets are nice and deep and are not denim all the way down.
The "watch" pocket is very shallow and mostly useless.
These have a relaxed fuller fit so if you like 'em tight these won't do it.

All in all a good "everyday" pair of jean if you need a few extra pockets for your daily work life.
11 comment| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2012
Very thin compared to Carhartt "Signature" denim work dungarees... With there being only a roughly $2.50 price difference I would honestly order the signature dungarees if you are buying them for everyday work wear. I think the only bonus may be during the summer when these might be more comfortable when it is really hot and humid out. As with other pairs I have ordered I went up a size in the waist as they run small.
on April 16, 2015
Originally purchased the Deep Stone (DPS), but they appeared more like the Stonewash color, were of thin material, and seemed a little baggy in the lower legs even when wearing boots. So, I purchased a pair of the Dark Stone (DST - with blueish\white threading which looks unique\different), but the Dark Stone color looks a little strange\unnatural (a little too blue and less jean-like... maybe it would even out after a few washes), was also of thin material, and was even more baggy in the lower legs even when wearing boots. I measured the width of the folded pant legs from both pairs from the bottom to knee areas (basically double the measurements for circumference): Deep Stone (DPS) was 9.5" at the bottom, 10" at the mid-lower leg\calf area, and 11" at the knee area; Dark Stone (DST) 9.5" at the bottom, 10.5" at the mid-lower leg\calf area, and almost 12" at the knee area. Perhaps either pair would have shrunk some more with a few washings, but because the material is lighter blue, thinner, and more baggy than I was expecting - I will be returning both pairs and may try a different style and pay closer attention to the listed weight of the denim.
review image review image review image
on February 6, 2010
I bought these as a gift for my son-in-law. He was having a hard time finding any and I thought..(idea) Amazon might just have them. And they did! He is a very hard person to please but he was greatly impressed and said he would like another pair sometime soon! They are durable and practical for the kind of work that he does. They wash wonderfully well and look just as good as the day I gave them to him.
on September 23, 2014
Carhartt Dungaree jeans have a great fit. Be sure to check your inseam measurements. I wear a 32" x 32" in almost every other brand, but for Carhartt's I wear a 32" x 30". I knew this prior to ordering since the first pair that I bought was from a local clothing store (at a much higher price). I highly recommend this product and its heavier denim weight "cousin".
on July 11, 2014
I think the word is out that the quality of Carhartt products has declined noticeably over the past years. I have purchased dozens of Carhartt products on Amazon over the past years and while quality items have been hit-or-miss, this is the first one that was so abysmal, that I took time out of my life to generate a review (I dont review many items). I am a construction worker and wear Carhartt clothing on the job as it has been synonymous with the word construction since Ive been in the business. I will be too far fetched to say that I'll never wear Carhartt again, but I can say that I will never purchase any it online again. I purchased (2) identical pair of the above listed jeans and they were both identically terrible! I am 6'00" tall and 210lbs and have an "athletic" build. I typically wear a 36x34 (sometimes a 34x34 depending on brand). I have always been a 36x34 in Carhartt, regardless of cut style. These jeans came listed as a 36x34 with 33x36 as its actual dimensions. That in itself was not even enough for me to write this review. I believe it was my fault for not trying them on in the store...size is my problem (even though they were extremely off). My reason was the quality of the denim used. These were by far the thinnest jeans I have ever felt in my life. I honestly can only describe them as exactly texture and thickness of my 2 year old son's pajamas. I can not believe that Carhartt, which is a brand known for rugged, work clothing (heck, these are CARPENTER jeans), would attempt to pass these off as anything but pjs' with pockets. Anyway, it would be nice to see a company with as much clout as Amazon hold their stocked brands to a higher standard. After all, If im not purchasing Carhartt jeans online anymore, Carhartt isnt losing but Amazon is, so the policing of their suppliers would be in their best interest. Carhartt, you are as American as Edward Snowden and I now dislike you as much.
on November 15, 2010
These jeans are perfect for my impossible to fit and harder to please son. I could not find his tall, thin size anywhere else. It was a bonus that the jeans looked and felt good, too.
on March 24, 2015
These jeans are just a bit thinner than I would expect from "work dungarees", although I have never owned Carhartt jeans before, and work in IT. I can't tell you how well they hold up to the abrasions of the construction world, but I can tell you that the measurements are spot on. All of the three that I ordered at the same time are made exactly the same, and are high quality construction with correct measurements. I normally wear Levi carpenter jeans, so I was expecting a 30" waist to fit me large, because Levi used to make their jeans a bit larger than the stated size. Carhartt makes their waist measurement on the mark, so these fit smaller than I expected, but only because I was expecting them to be oversized.

After the first wash and wear, they feel very comfortable. There is no significant break-in period like there is with Wranglers. These are soft and pliable, and I find it easy to move around in them. The color did not seem to face after the first wash, which can be an issue with some jeans. The carpenter pocket on the right thigh is the perfect size to fit a large smartphone WITH the case. I use a Samsung Galaxy S4 with a Ballistic SGMAXX case, and it slides in without more than a slight amount of friction. Removal is just as easy. That's a huge benefit, and exactly why I chose these pants over some of the other brands.

The one con I have experienced with these jeans so far is that the large leather Carhartt tag on the back right pocket is very annoying when inserting my wallet into that pocket. It gets stuck there every time, and takes away the seamless motion of putting away my wallet. Your mileage may vary, but I'm going to remove that label to avoid the frustration.
on May 25, 2016
I am not a carpenter or workmen who wears these jeans in a construction or workshop/factory setting. I am instead a retiree who works from home when I do work. I was looking for a pair of jeans with lots of pockets so I would not again lose my iPhone out of a pocket that is way too shallow for its own good. I row on a machine, and as a result, my legs have gotten bigger; I was looking for pants that did not fit like sausage casings. I also find it uncomfortable to sit on a wallet, and wanted some alternatives to a back pocket. I found all the features I wanted in these jeans.

For the environment I need these jeans for, the fabric is heavy enough; if you are a construction worker your needs will likely differ. I bought a pair of the heavier weight fabric version as well. The main pockets are nice and deep; no involuntary donations of change every time you sit down. The side pockets are large enough for the iPhone 5 sized phone. I can also put my wallet in the side/leg pocket so that I don't have to sit on it, which I find quite literally a pain in the butt. There is room in the thighs in case you don't have minuscule quads. If I had one wish, it would be that Carhartt make a line without the hammer loop. If I were still working in an office, these are perhaps a bit too informal, whereas without the hammer loop I wouldn't hesitate to wear to work.

This was my second purchase of Carhartt; the first was a flannel-lined pair of black jeans. So far I have been very happy with both purchases. I particularly like all those extra pockets.
on February 18, 2016
Overall these are very good work pants. Waist and inseam sizing is perfect BUT I suggest ordering the next longer inseam size if you plan to dry these on a high heat setting because they will shrink a little. Dungaree fit gives lots of room to move while working (bending, squatting, etc.). The fabric has a tight weave which means durability but it is a little lighter than typical blue jean denim. Therefore, you might want some long underwear if you plan to be outside in cold windy conditions for a long time.

The design and workmanship are great too. Triple stitching on out-seams and inseams mean durability. Longer double sewn pocket bags are great for stuffing and not worrying about losing what you put in there. The utility pockets on the legs are great for tools when you don't really need a tool belt. The utility pocket on the right leg is perfect for a smart phone (IF you dare). The watch pocket is good for loose change and small things. I've been wearing Carhartt clothing to work for almost 40 years. These pants are typical of Carhartt quality. Finally, they look great with a pair of heavy work suspenders.