Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on August 6, 2010
I use a lot of cheap keyboards and mice, and these are the worst I've ever seen. The keyboard itself feels like the mushy cheap keyboard that you get bundled with most desktop PCs, but both it and the mouse *feel* functional. It's the third item in the box where everything goes completely sour. The first thing you notice when pulling out the wireless receiver is that it has a very long cord. A suspiciously long cord. And it is there for a reason: the keyboard and mouse will not work at all more than 2-3 feet from the receiver. This is a disgustingly short range, especially for a package billed as "wireless multimedia" which I purchased for use with a home theater PC. I have used generic brand wireless keyboards and mouse with better feel, better multimedia keys and much better wireless range which were $10 cheaper than this. HP should be embarrassed to put their name on this utter crap.
on October 9, 2010
Like the other reviewers tell it, this is a pretty cheap feeling keyboard and mouse. I agree that the mouse does have a slightly better feel to it than the keyboard. The weight of the batteries in the mouse are to thank, I'm sure. It's not the most beautiful mouse or keyboard, but look at the picture and judge for yourself. I think they could look worse.

I had been looking for an inexpensive mouse/keyboard combo for the wife. It had to be wireless with an optical mouse (my preferences). This fits the bill, but it's not worth more than $20, I'd say. It surprises me a bit that HP would put its logo on such inferior craftsmanship, but there it is. However, it's not the worst I've tried. I picked up a $10 set (I-CONCEPTS brand, on sale down from $20, barely worth what I paid for it) that was far worse, believe me.

The keyboard keys are quite mushy, no real "click" feel to them, but the keyboard does work ok. And without the "click", typing on the keyboard is actually a rather quiet affair. I do get the occasional missed letter, noticable as I type this review, but I'm not sure that it wouldn't get better after I get used to typing on it. I might just not be hitting each letter hard enough, and I know how to type (no hunt and peck).

The mouse feels fine under my hand. It's a uniform shape that should work for left or right handers. It's not too large or small, for me anyway, it's a good size. The mouse puts itself to sleep after a period of non-use. You can wake it up by simply clicking a button. This is good from a battery life perspective, but could be annoying for some (my wife included). The mouse tracking is quite acceptable to me (the box says 800dpi), so it's not "jumpy" or hard to get the mouse pointer where I want to put it.

I've seen some complain about the range. Understand that the wireless uses 27 MHz. It won't get the same range that some 2.4 GHz products have. So it might NOT be ideal for a home theater in the living room type of scenario. But I can tell you that it worked fine for me when I tested it 3-4 feet from the receiver. I did experience some interference with another wireless keyboard in my home office. When typing on both at the same time, this one lost the battle, typing was erratic. The best thing to do was to just stop and wait until the other person was done.

Some things I like about this set:
- The receiver is corded, so that I can position it for better reception.
- It uses a single USB port.
- The keyboard has many useful "special function" buttons, such as multimedia buttons, audio volume and mute, and calculator. These extra buttons all work without loading any additional software (no disc comes included anyway).
- Two rubber "feet" under the keyboard help it stay put.
- Low battery indicator on the keyboard
- Duracell batteries are included for both mouse and keyboard!

CORRECTION 2011-09-07: There doesn't actually seem to be a low battery indicator on the keyboard. There is certainly something that looks like one, even has a battery icon underneath, but it does nothing. It might be remnants of what was supposed to be a low battery light, or perhaps the same parts are used on a more expensive model that has one, but this, nope! So move that item down to the "cons!"

Things I dislike:
- No sleep button on the keyboard, as others have pointed out. Not a big issue for me, but I can see how it might be useful to have.
- BIG ONE: no caps lock or num lock lights, not on the keyboard itself, not even on the receiver. Major bummer!
- No low battery indicator on the mouse.
on February 1, 2011
didn't work at all, seller said return in original packing (brown paper) which was impossible, plus pay postage and re-stocking. not worth the bother, so I threw it away, and won't deal with the seller again.
on May 10, 2010
This product is the worst wireless product i have ever bought. It isn't even truly wireless! Plus, the connection can only last about 2 feet away and only inches if it is above or below the stupid little sensor. I had an old wireless keyboard and mouse for my computer and it reached over twice as far! I don't know what the problem is, but this product is garbage! It doesn't even have a sleep button on it! Not to mention it is as hideous as a dying animal. I would never recommend this product to anyone...
on October 12, 2010
Like the spork before it, this is a product that combines two technologies only to render both useless. These features being 'wireless' and 'keyboard'. My wireless range tapped out at about 18", maybe a little bit longer for the mouse. And forget it if the receiver was above the desk and the keyboard was on the tray (which is why I picked one up at my local Fry's electronics). I was shocked to see how much amazon was charging for this embarrassment. I am ashamed of myself, too, because this is the second unit I've owned- I returned the first one because I didn't think it was working because the lights would not turn on and I was more than 2 feet away. Then I found out that the three led's on the laptop DO NOT light up! One does when the battery is low or something (WHY??) and the other two at the second coming of Christ or something... I also like the big fat warning label right on the face of the keyboard next to the hp logo. I hope they decided to put that there after the genius at hp who was behind this mess accidentally killed his family with it. In closing, as god as my witness, I will NEVER buy or recommend an HP product again, and will spit on every HP item I come across.
on August 30, 2011
I am generally a no-frills kind of guy. So when I saw this wireless keyboard for $20, with the HP logo on it, the first thought that crossed my mind was "cheap, practical, and not fancy." Which is perfect for me. Sadly, to my surprise, while cheap (and definitely not fancy) the HP Multimedia Wireless Keyboard is anything but practical.

To be fair, the wireless mouse works very well in my setup,in which the receiver is literally on the same table as the wireless mouse / keyboard combo. It is responsive, and feels ergonomic enough for me to sit with for hours. However, as soon as I began typing away on the keyboard, I knew there would be issues. In the 8 letter title for this review, the keyboard did not register 12 keystrokes, which meant that I had to go back 12 times and slowly retype each letter, or insert each space that was missed. After reading the reviews (WHY didn't I do this before?) I thought it might simply be due to the limited range on the receiver; no luck, the receiver is literally sitting next to my keyboard, with no improvement.

The keyboard responsiveness of this product is reminiscent to the old electric typewriter days, in which certain keys would just not work, or would get stuck. I will sadly be returning this product today, leading to more money wasted towards this waste of a product.
on November 30, 2010
In and Out Computers handled my claim on a faulty keyboard professionally and promptly. I was contacted right away by e-mail and by phone. I was very satisfied with my replacement keyboard. It worked as soon as i put batteries in it.
on May 4, 2012
The mouse works great. The keyboard does not work at all. Tried different batteries, etc and it will not even come on. :(
on January 21, 2010
This is a very poorly made keyboard, the mouse is ok, but the keyboard is very cheaply made. very disappointed in Amazon for carrying such inferior products, rather than spend the charge of freight to send it back i trashed it.

Mike
on March 24, 2014
The only reason there is even one star on here is because i could not rate it any less. These jokers sent me some little "stereo earphones" which I quickly sent back informing them that the wrong item was sent to me. They apologized and said they would have the correct item sent out as soon as possible. I then received another set of these "stereo earphones"! I quickly returned them again, and I was informed they were doing "research" to find the item I purchased from them. Then I received a message saying that they were refunding my money. I replied informing them I was not interested in a refund, I just wanted what I purchased. They said they did not have that item, and gave me some cockamamie story about the item number or something. It shattered any confidence that it took me so long to gain in purchasing anything through Amazon.