Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on June 28, 2010
I really like this little phone! It is slim, small and fits nicely in the limited space I have for it. Call quality is fine. Not the best, not the worst. The main downfalls are the fact that it doesn't hang on the wall, which I had really hoped it would. Another note: the answering machine isn't the easiest to use. Even with the instruction book, it's not the most user friendly (ie. the erase a message, you have to hold down the erase button for several seconds).

Overall, I really like the phone and recommend it.
on September 12, 2010
I ordered this phone to replace my V-Tech, which would not hold a charge even with new batteries. This phone arrived on time and works great. I can even use to speaker phone, could not with the V-Tech as the battery would die in 30 seconds. This is much smaller but works more like a cell phone It was an excellent purchase.
on February 27, 2010
I bought this phone for use as the land-line connection on my sailboat. The unit has small footprint and fits in a narrow space. There is no extension or additional handset to store or discard. It is perfect for my application.
on September 23, 2011
Though, the L401 Cordless phone looked nice and had great features & after having it for just 1 week - it suddenly did not work - I notified the Motorola Co - and they have promised to send me a newer model of 2011 - Hopefully, one that works!
on July 7, 2011
I totally recommend this phone to anyone looking for a new and updated cordless phone solution for their home. Takes a minute to figure it out... but once you do, you'll be WOW'd by the power of it's capabilities! NICE WORK MOTOROLA!!!
on January 6, 2011
I like the appearance of the phone. Phone is sturdy and also easy to grip. Sound quality is good too. I have just 1 issue with the phone, whenever I am close to my laptop which is on wifi. The phone simply dies and turns off. I don't know its a defect or a frequency mismatch. But I spoke to Fry's electronics guys and they told me that DECT 6.0 should have no issues co-existing with my 2.4 GHz router
on April 1, 2012
Has been using the phone for almost a year. It is a good cordless phone. The answering machine is good too.
on October 31, 2010
I really want to like this phone. The call quality and range seem to be adequate. But the answering machine section is trash. Most machines allow you to screen calls automatically after the line is picked up. Not this one. While a menu item will pop up showing "screen?" when a call has been answered it will not pass the audio to the handset no matter how many times you push the proper button. Our last machine passed the audio to the speaker so you could decide whether you wanted to answer or not. This one doesn't. Message indication is a small flashing tape icon on the handset and not a blinking light like most machines. It's VERY easy to miss. Spend a little more money and get something that is user friendly.
on April 8, 2015
Didn't work properly: I returned this phone within only a few weeks of its purchase. My money was re-deposited into my bank account within only a few days. Amazon also paid for the return postage. I bought this model because of its size, as well as its features.The problems that I had with it started as soon as I connected this unit to my phone line.
I could not change the ring tone to a melody without hearing two sounds together (a melody and a ring). Also, the answer system stopped working altogether within the first two weeks. I tried to reset the handset, but that didn't work. It also wouldn't allow me to mute the ring at night, nor could I adjust the volume of the ringer which was too loud for me. If this phone had worked properly I would not have returned it, because it was the right size, with the right features for my needs. There were just too many problems for me to consider an exchange.
on November 19, 2010
Esta muy bien este telefono, tiene buena recepcion, las fuciones son las necesarias, no ocupa mucho espacio, no es pesado y se ve bonito, hasta el momento no ha fallado y espero no falle puesto que vivo en Puebla, Mexico, asi que para pedir la garantia sera complicado, pero siendo motorola, creo que el telefono me durara un buen tiempo.