Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now STEM

on August 24, 2009
I did not purchase my Samsung T101G tracfone on Amazon but at the local Dollar General store. It came with a packaged deal which included a belt clip carry case, phone car charger cord, ear phone piece and the free unlimited double minute plan. All that for $10 (which is dam good considering if all these items were purchased separately would come to $65 total). At that price I could not pass it up. That being said, I am a first time user of cell phones and the Samsung T101G is what I am beginning with. It is a great phone for first time ever cell phone users and is perfect for those who want a simple cell phone without all the fancy bells and whistles of the more expensive models. I was looking for a phone to have for emergency purposes and for general contact with the outside world when I traveled and this particular model phone is perfected for that. Reception has been decent in most areas and I have had no problems so far with making and receiving calls. The phone has many other features like web browsing and text messaging with which I am still experimenting with, so I can't give you an honest review yet on those features. But if your looking for a simple, inexpensive cell phone that does what a phone should do (make and receive calls) without all the fancy bells and whistles, the Samsung T101G is a excellent choice.
on January 6, 2010
I am so glad that i purchased this phone, it accompanies me whereever i go. For the price i cannot believe you get so much, we are talking texting for 0.30 minutes out of 1.00 minute. calls overseeas for no more than calls made locally. I would recommend this phone, especially for emergencies, you only have to buy a $20 card every 3 months which can add up to 120 minutes
on February 14, 2010
I purchased this phone from Target Stores because I wanted to try Tracfone as a cell phone service provider (according to Consumer Union, they are the best prepaid service provider).
The phone has several serious deficiencies that cause a great deal of annoyance :

- User manual is woefully inadequate (e.g. no explanation of auto lock feature, security, etc.)
- User manual on Samsung's web site is only available as a pdf file and cannot be edited to print as individual pages
- User manual that comes with the phone is equally inadequate
- When you store the phone in its carry case and close the lid, the phone will frequently turn on, since some of the buttons protrude. If you accidentally touch the "browser" button, you will be charged 0.5 minutes for access charges !

Since this phone is likely to be be purchased by people who do not use a cell phone very often (for emergency contacts), the user instuctions need to be much more explicit/detailed, and the ergonomic design of operating buttons that can accidentally be activated leaves a lot to be desired. Overall, a big disappointment
44 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon May 17, 2010
this phone is just the ticket to get revenge on Mother Bell or other carriers; at less than ten dinero at the local box-mart and with the addition of a 60-minute card at nineteen, you have phone service for (you do the math) a month! i was initially skeptical of pay-as-you-go, and didn't want to blow big bucks on a fancy gumstick - this was the cheapest way to go... and guess what? this thing works better than the moto from verizon, and my long-distance callers say the sound quality is better! plus, the service (since i use less than 20 minutes a month) is one-sixth my previous contract plan! why did i wait so long? this phone is simple, no-frills, has good sound, good battery life, and can be thrown away (recycled) with little remorse - this is a phone for practical people!
on July 28, 2012
I use this Tracfone when I travel and noted that it has gotten knocked for being a simple unit with a vague instruction manual. However, I really like this phone as I have been followed around by associates when I travel because it's the only phone that can link to the signal towers in the area. Also, it very robust having been dropped many times. The battery lasts a couple of weeks between charges with light usage, perhaps a few minutes per day. I've gone away for a week with multiple calls per day and the battery charge was adequate. Otherwise the circumstances would be very trying.

The Blackberries and Iphones are superb business units but their range is limited. What's more annoying than being on location and unable to communicate, no signal? I've never had that problem but I've had to recently loan my phone to several others for that reason.

We all should recall that this is a $20 phone and for that reason alone for the performance it represents it's an exemplary unit. It has never let me down during the dozens of client visits and I've purchased one for my wife to use during emergency calls as it is very dependable.

On the road it's my business phone, alarm clock, timer, calculator and MMS unit. When you consider the price, there is none better.
on April 9, 2012
The Samsung T101G phone is so bad I finally threw it away and bought a different phone.

Even at the loudest setting, the ring tone was so quiet that I could not hear it when it was inside my purse; I had to leave it on top of the table. As others have said, the manual stinks and I was never able to lock the keypad so various buttons got pushed when it was in my pocket. And worst of all for me, the speakerphone was "On" and I could not turn it off. Not only could everybody around hear my converstions, but the person I was talking to could hardly hear me because of all the ambient noise (traffic, televisions, other conversations) being picked up by the speakerphone. Since all I need is a simple cell phone for emergencies, I bought an LG420G which works great. The Tracphone service is fine and cheap (especially with a double minutes card) so now I'm happy.
on January 8, 2014
The Shipping was fast, I got what I was expecting. Bought these for a family trip we where having to the States. They came with 10 minutes...
Worked just as advertised, and its easy to find the prepaid phone cards in Target and CVS.
They where even cheaper than buying them at either stores too.
on February 22, 2011
I got mine at Target for ten bucks and thought it was worth it. It is a durable phone. But whenever I'm working and it's in my pocket it either connects to the web accidentally because the browser button sticks out and before you realize it, you've burned up minutes on the web. And I BS you not, my phone somehow calls my local fire/emergency. This all happens when it's locked and in my pocket. WTH?
on December 24, 2011
Like some of the others reviewing this phone, I had the same problem with the internet browser eating up my minutes. If this phone is slightly bumped while in your purse or pocket, it activates the internet. I called tracfone twice and also emailed them, and they told me to buy a case for the phone. I asked them if there was a way to deactivate the browser button and they said no. Don't buy this phone, there's plenty of better ones out there.
on August 24, 2010
Perfect little Samsung phone. Really easy to use, neat features, high quality, and stylish as well. Great monthly savings and coast to coast coverage with the Tracfone service too. It really offers you everything :) More people should hop on the prepaid wireless bandwagon - it's really too great of a deal to pass up. Great brand-name phones and the Tracfone service = perfection.

See 1 answered question