Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

• Customer Reviews

on December 26, 2013
and it rocks!

Yes, this leather duffel bag looks fantastic and I recommend it to anyone wishing to upgrade their overnight / long-weekend luggage.

I purchased the saddle-colored version and it is well-represented by the image above. I would say that this picture captures just about the right shade of tan and the look of the bag.

The only minor gripe I have is some slight issues with the quality of the leather. The bag itself is very well constructed and sturdy. The stitching seems tight and the build quality of the bag is high. You won't be disappointed by that. What I noticed on my particular bag was that one piece of leather on the top of the bag near the opening was noticeably thinner and seemed lower quality than the rest of the bag. It isn't a very big imperfection, but it is still an imperfection worth mentioning. I didn't think it was worth returning the bag over however because it is only noticeable if you really look closely at the leather and touch it. Again, even that makes it sound worse than it is. I honestly don't think that you will be disappointed by this bag. It is really nice looking and very functional. The main pocket is large enough to carry two pairs of slacks, two or three shirts, a light jacket, and a few days' worth of underwear and socks. The side pockets are quite roomy as well. I think that you can easily pack for a three to four day trip and not feel as though the bag was about to explode.

One thing I would caution against: Do not try to take this bag on a plane. It can fit in the overhead bin if the plane is one of the larger types, but if you have to take it on one of the smaller "commuter" type planes, then you will be forced to check it. I wouldn't want to check this bag. It is sturdy, but the leather will take a beating and will probably come back scratched up to hell. I would cringe if I saw this nice duffel tumbling down one of the conveyor belts.
on March 10, 2015
Sooo disappointed, I just gave this to my husband and the leather looks nothing like the photo. I am especially annoyed as I spent so long reading feedback and read all the positive reviews for this bag.
The bag i ordered was in the chocolate and in the photo it looks a little vintage, well with mine I had to check whether it was actually a really, really dark brown or maybe even a black ( would recommend if you still buy this choose black, brown is awful). The larger pocket on the side has been stitched crooked, the stitching in the picture looks to be contrasting to the leather and its not. Plus the leather that joins just under the handle in the centre looks strange as one half is pebble leather and the other is smooth.
Returning it from Australia is out of the question with postage........I have been lucky so far have bought lots from Amazon and this is my first dud purchase, just wish it was a cheaper one.
review image review image review image
on April 25, 2013
Simple yet elegant. Compact yet capatious. Classy but not ostentatious. Sturdy zippers and hardware. Solid, sturdy stiching. Fine quality leather. Beautiful to look at but utilitarian. Costly, but the product merits the price. A good value.
on December 16, 2013
This bag far exceeded my expectations. Other reviews have already spoken to the quality, so I can only restate that the quality is outstanding. I looked over the stitching, fittings, and lining before use (common practice to ensure I don't need to return the item). This is an outstanding bag for the price.

I recently used the bag for a week long (six day) business trip. Everything I needed fit in the bag and there was room to spare. Partial breakdown of items (forgive the long list, but it illustrates the capacity):

- Running shoes
- 6 x skivvies
- workout gloves
- 2 x sweaters
- 2 x sweater vests
- toiletries (shave kit, toothbrush, cologne, nasal spray, Q-Tips, etc)
- Pill case (2 x daily, week capacity)
- ASUS Transformer TF700i tablet and keyboard
- Reading glasses
- iPod shuffle and case
- Various chargers (Blackberry, Galaxy S3, tablet, iPod, etc.)
- 6 x protein bars (if I get the photo uploaded, there is only one left in the shot)
- 2 x writing pads
- various small items (tie bars, small glass bottle of creatine, small spray bottle, etc.)

There was still plenty of room left in the bag had I needed it. Prior to my trip I had stuffed my Dell Precision M4500 in the top (big, bulky mobile workstation w/ 15" screen) along with the charger, but decided I didn't need it for the trip.

Everything listed fit in the main compartment and the front pockets. I didn't even use the two side pockets.

I check the bag plane-side because I traveled on a Regional Jet; the bag is a little big for that overhead. I do feel it would fit fine in a larger plane.

Sitting in the terminal, or carrying the bag around was very comfortable and easy to find a place to set while waiting. The strap is a good length and the connectors twixt bag and strap are very well made. Metal feet on the bottom allow the bag to slide smoothly as it's kicked through a long airport security line...

I recommend using a good leather treatment to ensure your bag lasts a long time. I treated the leather prior to the trip and though it was subjected to rain and snow there is not so much as a mark to show for it.
on December 17, 2011
The Piel 20' Duffel Bag with Pockets is a bag I'm proud to carry when traveling. I don't believe you could buy a higher quality leather bag. If you're looking for that classic brown leather color, then chocolate will fit the bill. The color is very even and should wear very nicely with use. The leather has that quality feel to it and it's supple. The smell is very nice too! The zippers are of high quality as well and there's tons of room for all your stuff. Plus it's easy to squeeze into those often crowded overhead bins due to its pliability. Pull the trigger and get this bag. You will be happy.
on January 28, 2011
Great Duffel Bag. The leather looks & feels awesome. Plenty of room for everything you'll need on a long weekend get away. High quality all around. Would definitely purchase again.
on January 16, 2015
Perfect to use as a carry on for business travel. Well, any travel really. The bag easily holds a couple pairs of pants, a few dress shirts, a sweater, an extra pair of shoes and a toiletry bag with room to spare. At the same time, it's certainly small enough for the plane's overhead bin.

Right size, quality leather, good looks - nicer than I expected.

You can't see it in the photo, but there's a horizontal pocket on the bottom of the bag, underneath the main compartment. That pocket isn't tall enough to hold my shoes, but a laptop would probably fit nicely. There's also a small pocket on top of the main compartment flap - I stash my belt in there. The pockets you can see on the front of the bag are deeper than they look in the photo - they run vertically the entire height of the bag. There are also four small metal stands on the bottom of the bag, maybe a 1/2 inch thick.

If I had to reach for one thing to pick on, I'd say the bag is a bit more squared off than I had expected. Not a big deal. The thing looks good.
review image
on October 5, 2012
Really pleased with the bag. High quality leather. Sturdy build. Lovely feet on bottom. Was pleasantly surprised to find a zippered pocket on bottom of bag (which I didn't see from the photo!) that can hold a magazine / newspaper / documents folder because it's up against the flat sturdy bottom of the bag.
Nicely done overall, shoulder strap is included inside the bag and is easily removed. Handles (if not using shoulder strap) velcro shut. It's really JUST like the one I used to have (but at 15 yrs old, has seen better days). Very pleased!!
on November 17, 2013
Great quality, seems very durable, and also attractive. Real leather, and just what I was looking for. The only problem is it's very easy for me to pack it too heavy!
on June 30, 2014
Used this as a carry-on during my recent travels to the EU. I used in on large 747's and small local puddle jumpers and the bag was perfect. I would like the zippers to have a holding tab stitched in the bag so when I pull the zipper, I have something to hold the zipper straight. The leather is a bit thin so when opening the zipper, it has a tendency to need the user to tug the zipper straight so it doesn't bind up.

Besides that, looks nice and has plenty of space for a 2-3 day weekend or carry on bag.