Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 19, 2009
Just bought this recently. It is a wonderful camera with lots of amazing features. The most amazing feature according to me is the "beauty spot" mode which completely clears away all blemishes on the face as you take the photo. The results are amazing. The pictures taken at night/in the dark are great. The 5x zoom also works amazingly well. There's an option of charging the battery from your computer using the provided USB cable(which is some what short). I would highly recommend this camera. Don't hesitate to buy it.
on December 14, 2009
I bought this camera for pretty much one feature: USB charging.

This little beast charges quick and is a snap to use. The user interface is fairly intuitive. The zoom button is a little awkward. Otherwise, quite satisfied with my purchase. Easy point & shoot and a few decent advanced features. Still trying it out, so I might update this review at a later time.

Just on a side note: I searched far and wide for a camera that charges over USB. Went to several stores and they say that none of the cameras have a USB charger claiming it's the nature of the beast. If cellphones can charge over USB, then so should cameras. Very glad that most of Samsung's digital camera product line charge over USB. Canon, Nikon, Fuji, and the others need to wake up & work on usability. The only letdown is the proprietary cable. If it was a regular mini usb, I would feel a little more comfortable knowing I could easily acquire another cable if I lose the proprietary one.
on March 9, 2010
I sold my old Samsung Digimax A7 online because I was in the market for a new digital camera. After scouring Amazon for about a week, I decided to buy this Samsung model.

Pros:
Metric Tonnes of Features -- No, really. This camera has picture modes I'll never use. If you are a professional photographer you can also program picture modes just like in an expensive DSLR. It has a huge view screen to preview pictures. It even has a dual image stabilization mode that works sufficiently well even in dimly lit rooms. (You have to turn on this feature manually. Normally the camera just has image stabilization in all other picture modes.)
A back-lit power button -- Sometimes the smallest innovations are the most useful!
Fast capture speed -- Almost as soon as you press the shutter button, the camera will take the picture.
Great battery -- I like how long the battery lasts off of one charge. It appears to hold its charge for a long time even with frequent camera activation.

Cons:
Mis-coded video mode -- Not only did I buy this camera because of the features, I also bought this camera for the video capture as well. For some inexplicable reason, the camera does not take video very well. This camera saves video as Quicktime mp4, but when the video file is copied to a computer, the video actually skips. To fix this problem I just open the video file in Windows Media Player. That appears to fix that problem but shouldn't I be able to watch the video in quicktime without encoding issues?
Buttons are tiny -- The camera is easy to use BUT accessing those features requires some dexterity. I don't have huge man-hands but finding the buttons to access the menus requires concentration. I guess that was a trade-off for having a big view screen.
Proprietary battery -- I'm not a big fan of proprietary hardware. This camera requires a battery pack to function. I prefer rechargeable AA batteries, like the old Digimax A7 had. Like I said above, the battery does seem to hold onto a charge even during frequent use.
No Camera pouch?? -- For some inexplicable reason, Samsung did not include a camera pouch with the camera. When I bought the Samsung Digimax A7 all those years ago, that company included a cheap, but functional, camera pouch. None was to be seen with this purchase. After I received my camera I had to go back to Amazon to order a Lowepro Ridge 30 Camera Case (Arctic Blue). Come on Samsung, throw me a bone, here.

Final thoughts:
Overall, a great camera. It is overflowing with features and it is easy to use. It is a great camera for value-conscious people looking for a great deal. I wish Samsung wasn't so cheap to not include a camera pouch. I also would have liked the video option to work as it is supposed to.
on September 7, 2010
The camera worked great for 2 weeks, features are great and quality of pics were outstanding. However, after 2 weeks of use the camera just died, the lenses would not retract and red blinking lights would show up on screen. Called customer service and they said that they would need me to return and they would send me a response, could take up to 8 weeks they said. It seems these cameras have a lot of issues with the retraction of the lenses - they get stuck for some reason. Either way, not worth the money.
on June 24, 2013
Never took a good picture. My was refurbished though. Just a really bad experience. That's all I have to say.