Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on February 12, 2007
My first pair (perhaps not the mark II) are still going strong after 7 years of pretty consistent wear. I just bought 2 more pairs but can't bring myself to throw the 7 year old ones out until they completely break. I have had them soaked in salt water, river water and even worn them for gardening and they have cleaned up time and again and remain intact - the new ones seem pretty close to the quality of the original.
33 comments43 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2011
My previous pair of boat shoes was a Sperry Top-sider which I had owned for several years. I tend to buy one pair of shoes and wear them till failure. I have to admit that the Top-siders are still very wearable but the rears of the soles have started to separate from the shoes and the uppers are a bit less waterproof than they were when I originally got them. As I was going on a cruise I decided to get a new pair of boat shoes just so I wouldn't suffer a blow-out while on vacation.

I looked at just replacing the Top-siders but just couldn't bring myself to pay $150 for a pair of shoes so I branched out to other manufacturers. Years ago I used to buy nothing but Timberlands but their price kept going up and the quality kept going down which is why I thought I'd give the Top-siders a go. While looking I saw these shoes, well rated for less than half the price of the Top-siders so I decided to try them out.

Overall I'm pretty happy with them.

Firstly I wore 12M's in the Top-siders and the 12M's for the Sebago was spot on - I had expected some differences in sizing but was pleasantly surprised that they had the same size feel as my previous shoes.

They are a heavier shoe than the Top-siders, about 5.5 oz per shoe (yes I measured, I was actually surprised at the weight of them compared to my others) but once I have them on I never even noticed the difference.

The major difference between the two shoes is the leather. Both seem to have good thickness but the Sebago leather was much less supple than the Top-siders. Initially this was a bit annoying but after a month or so they've worn in to where I don't notice them.

I quite like the level of padding in the shoe, it's not too much but certainly not too little. I've so far haven't encountered the problem of tired feet from standing up but then again I'm only doing that for an hour or so at a time.

Overall the build quality seems very good but I'll need to wear them for a while to see how they hold up. If you're really just wearing them for boat shoes then I suspect you'll get many years of use out of them.
0Comment23 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2012
This shoe has good arch support and comes in the extra wide size that I need. Really like the walnut color.
11 comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2007
Sebago boat shoes have been the most comfortable and durable of the many boat shoes I've worn (and worn out).

Beall's delivered in a timely fashion with no surprises. I'd recommend them highly!
11 comment12 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2013
They were the American standard for quality, no more. China bound junk, the fit, feel, overall quality says china not NE USA. VERY DISAPPOINTED. I was a big Sebago fan.
22 comments21 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2011
Very nice shoe. Seems to be better made than Sperrys and looks nicer to. Extra wide fits like extra wide and doesn't need to be broken in like a Sperrys extra wide.
on August 18, 2011
Great boat shoe with good support. True to size. Hold well on a wet deck and dries quickly for a leather shoe.
on March 1, 2011
Got these shoes a few days ago. These look great in the picture and in real life. At Amazon they are also a very good price - check around. Wanted to wear them before I go on a cruise so I wore them to work today. How comfortable they are from the very beginning. I've had them on 14 hours straight now and it feels like there is no break-in. Feel true to length and width (size 15), Highly recommend.
on July 19, 2011
I bought a pair off the Sebago Clovehitch II shoes about 4 years ago and loved them. I completely wore them out and they are now my yard shoes. I looked all over for another pair, but since I couldn't remember the name I didn't have much luck. Recently I located the Clovehitch II on Amazon and was amazed to see they were the ones I was looking for. I couldn't purchase them fast enough.
on March 12, 2013
Great shoe! For a EEE though, it seems just a little narrow. Would definately purchase again. Note: EEE comes labeled WW.