Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Neil Allyn Men's Tuxedo Shirt Poly/Cotton Laydown Collar 1/8 Inch Pleat
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 6, 2012
So glad I ordered this shirt. It washes up very nicely and comes out of the dryer ready to wear (okay - it would look a little better with a good ironing, but that is true of ALL my so-called "wrinkle-free" permanent-press shirts). I love the 1/8 pleat, it really makes a difference in that "ready to wear" aspect. Plus, it has a feature I was not even aware of when I ordered it: an elastic collar button. Makes the shirt SOOO comfortable!
on May 13, 2014
I was disappointed, choosing this shirt partially because it was presented as actual neck size in half inch increments. I received an "extra large" shirt for a size 17. This is a shirt that will fit an 18.5 inch neck. It is way too big. Then to top it off it had black grease stains right in front where the button holes are sewn, likely from the sewing machine. Of course it was high enough to be above the cummerbund and visible. I needed the shirt the day I received it so we had to bleach and wash the shirt to get it to an acceptable level, though the stain is still there. I would have returned the shirt if I didn't need it that day. Now it goes to Good Will after one wearing. If you get the right size, and one without grease stains, it is a nice shirt for the money.
on November 4, 2010
Really really cheap. Material is see through and of poor quality. Unpackaged the item and noticed there was a noticeable burn mark on front of the shirt.
on May 20, 2015
I'm at a loss to explain all of the positive reviews for this item.

Pleats are ¼-inch, not ⅛-inch as advertised.

Shirt is cut way too large. I'd say that the supposedly 14.5" neck fits closer to a 16" neck. The rest of the shirt is similarly wide. Anticipate alterations, especially if you might take off your jacket at some point. Even if you won't, its poofiness will negate a well-cut jacket, and the shirt will likely bloom out the front of your closed jacket. Unless you are a big guy, this will look like a pirate shirt on.

Given that this is a tuxedo shirt, I would've thought that a French cuff was the natural choice to go with, rather than the convertible barrel cuff here. Yes, you can convert these barrel cuffs for use with cufflinks, but who wants to see an additional plastic button next to their cufflinks? Plus, the product description says that studs and cufflinks are not necessary, which is not the case. If you want cufflinks, you will need to supply your own, and the studs here are cheap plastic, with little jagged bits sticking out where they weren't cut or filed off properly.
on April 25, 2013
But you get what you pay for. This shirt is very thin, it must be worn with an undershirt (not a big deal for most). If you have at a semi-athletic build, and 17.5 34/35 is your normal shirt size, it will look like a pillowcase on you which can mostly be hidden by cummerbund and dinner jacket, however it poofs out of the front of your jacket when sitting down.
on October 20, 2014
This is a good looking shirt that is well constructed. I particularly like the top (collar) button having some elastic stretch capability. Having said that, I actually measured my neck before ordering the shirt. When I tried it on, it was AT LEAST one inch larger than my neck, making it unwearable. I say "at least," because I ended up ordering one an inch smaller at the neck and even it was a tiny bit loose. Beware!
on January 7, 2016
As expected, a good product but not Pierre Cardin. It fits larger than I expected, but it is not a tent. As others mention the fabric is thin, but most tux shirts are. In general a gentleman wears an undershirt anyway. Comes with cheap plastic studs pre-installed. (black) but also has regular white buttons sewn on so you can easily swap in your own studs or go to regular buttons. I ordered a long one and it is longer than standard, but not generous by any means. All in all, not a bad shirt for something most of us will wear once a year if that, and fine for weddings and cruises. And if you are going to a State dinner at the White House you can afford to buy the Cardin!
on December 14, 2014
For the price this is a fine shirt. As others have mentioned, although I ordered a 15.5, the shirt is marked simply as "medium." My husband says the neck is a little roomy, but he would prefer that to it being a little tight. The sleeve length is perfect. Yes, the material is a little thin in the non-pleated areas, but there will be a jacket over it. We did not (as one reviewer complained of) have any grease stains or marks or anything that looked bad.
on July 19, 2015
Purchased for my teenage son to wear to prom under satin brocade vest and classic black suit in place of formal tuxedo. He looked amazing! Fit exactly as expected, and not too shear (didn't require t-shirt under). Can also wear dressed down with jeans & casual vest (no tie). Well-made garment and worth the $35 price. I expect he will have many occasions to wear again... Great addition to his wardrobe!
on April 9, 2016
This is a nice shirt. One of our buttons was misformed (the white one) and the black buttons are plastic. There was also a small ink mark on the sleeve when we received it. It tends to be a warm shirt as well.