Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 7, 2012
Pros: Fits a DC17 perfect, improved suction over the 5 year old filter, cheaper than Dyson brand
Cons: It wasn't free? There isn't a white 6 on the filter like the Dyson brand?
Other thoughts: It was a quick pop and replace, not problems getting the new one in. Even if you're washing them regularly filters tend to wear out over time. Don't throw out that old Dyson, replace the filter, belt, beater bar and clean off the gear. It's like a new sweeper.
on November 30, 2012
People don't realize how important it is to clear out your vacuum's filter (I know I didn't!). These made such a difference - my Dyson is back to sucking better. Also, our Dyson had a bit of a smell to it after cleaning the cat liter a bit too much. This helped with the smell as well.
on March 19, 2014
I was hesitant to buy a filter that wasn't the Dyson, but the price difference and reviews persuaded me. I am so glad I listened and bought this one! It works just as well and a new filter has made my vacuum clean like it is brand new. What a difference! I did notice that the product I received was from a different manufacturer (not Crucial Vacuum) but the filter itself looks exactly the same. To other consumers - don't be worried by this. It's the same filter and works amazing!
on January 5, 2015
Seems petty but the little material flap that you find on your Dyson filter is non-existent on this model which makes pulling out a dirty filter more yukky on the yukky scale factor. Otherwise, it seems about the same as the one that comes with the unit originally. Cleans easy, fits perfectly, etc.
on November 25, 2013
Fit perfectly And thanks to Amazon Customer Service for insuring I got the Right Part this time............ There are two Filters in a Dyson DC17.......... I found out by getting the wrong one sent to me on my first order.... but kept it because there ARE TWO filters in a Dyson DC-17
on October 7, 2015
I ordered this filter when my belt broke on my Dyson. It seems to be working very well, however I found it to be a bit "lighter" feeling when compared to the original Dyson filter. To be honest, had I remembered that Amazon carried an actual Dyson filter, ( I'd put it in my 'wish list' months before), I would have paid the extra for the Dyson. So far so good though as they say! (Note to self: it pays to check one's wish list every now and then! :) )
on October 2, 2013
This filter is nearly identical to the original Dyson filter and does the job just fine with one exception: There is no little "tab" attached to the filter that allows you to easily pull it out and clean it! This might sound kind of minor but without that tab I literally had to stick a butter knife into the side to wedge it out. What use to take 1 second to pull out now takes a minute or 2 since the filter is such a tight fit and was somewhat difficult to pry out. I was a bit afraid I might tear the filter to be honest. Oh well, not the end of the world. Its a filter, it fits, it works, its just a slight pain to get out now. I'll live.
on July 14, 2013
Fits my Dyson perfectly and the vacuum seemed to work a little better with a new filter, but it still looks like it needs to be cleaned more often like the original filter. Although, the packaging says replace every 6 months, so if that is the case then it's probably worth buying the more expensive filter from Dyson that can be washed every 6 months. I've only used this filter once so far, so I'll have to wait to see if it's better than paying for the more expensive Dyson one.
on May 26, 2015
Exceptional value - and a really great product. I never wash and reuse these. Seems gross to me - and as economical as these are, I have no qualms just purchasing new when it looks like they have gotten 'too dirty'.
on March 3, 2013
The reviews were good and the price was right! My original filter had been "washed" several times before and after while it started smelling icky, like wet dog every time I vacuumed. This filter fit in the vacuum perfectly and it runs like a charm and the smell has gone! Will purchase again when needed!