Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on February 13, 2014
I work at a banqueting facility with a two main dining rooms and multiple smaller conference rooms. All rooms are carpeted and multiple events are held in each of the rooms throughout the day seven days a week. A few years back, the previous GM had purchased a pair of Dysons in addition to the two Sanitaires already in use at double the cost. We ended up throwing out the Dysons after a few months because both had broken down. To be fair, those Dysons were probably more for home use. Nonetheless, we've used and abused the Sanitaires at my workplace before and after every event for the past 10+ years. I recently purchased two of these to replace the two that have finally run their course and expect them to last just as long, if not more. For those that work in an industry where vacuuming is frequent, you'll be glad you picked Sanitaire.

Pros: Quality parts, powerful suction yet so easy to maneuver, shake-out bag system (no need to purchase disposable bags), great value.
Cons: Noise level may be higher than other "home-use" vacuums.
on June 26, 2013
This review relates to the Sanitaire 886, the only difference from the 899 is that the 899 is about 2 inches wider than the 886. I moved into an apartment with new short shag carpeting and I discovered that my Dirt Devil was not the answer, so I started researching. One of the first thing I did was to go to youtube.com and I found a video entitled "Best Vacuum Cleaner". Do a search on that as I did and I got a quick education on vacuums, this will be worth your while to take a look.

Subsequently I purchased the Sanitaire 886 in Canada for $270.00. I quickly found that I had made a good decision for it cleaned very well. To establish the proper height, I called the fellow on the video because he talks about the care of the pile. He told me to get a handful of Rice Krispies and put the cereal about two inches in front of the vacuum. Lower the handle, set the height to it's highest setting, shag in my case, lower the handle and turn on the machine. You are looking for the RK to start to bounce. If not at the highest setting, then lower it and when the cereal starts to bounce, as you will see in the video, that's the proper height. I did exactly that, the vacuum scooped up the cereal and I was good to go. If you look carefully, you will see the vacuum actually pick up the carpet. You will learn that it's not all suction....airflow is a big part of the efficiency of the cleaning power.

I am finished buying vacuum cleaners, this a commercial unit being used in a residential setting, it should last for as long as I need it. The cord is a too long for my needs, but that can be shorten without a problem. Pay attention to the video, it all makes sense. Good Luck!!!!
on October 19, 2013
I own a commercial cleaning company based in NYC. I buy only Sanitaire uprights. This one has the extra wide rotary brush for large areas.
● They are well designed. Sturdy and EASY to repair, relative to other makes.
● They clean well.
● Good value for money.
on June 25, 2014
Over the last 13 years, we have bought too many vacuums more than I can count. We have a prayer hall (or masjid) of 300 max capacity and we have never been able to find a decent machine to last more than a few months until now. This machine has a lot of power. We are very satisfied with our purchase.
on October 18, 2013
This is a terrific product! The size and style let you know right out of the box, that this is not your Momma's Hoover. This baby has plenty of power and something else that I really appreciate, a very long power cord. The quality and design are superb. If you are looking for a serious vacuum, this is your huckleberry!
on July 3, 2015
Most vacuums are junk next to these and don't last. bought three of these series machines for my janitorial business when I was in college where they got many many hours of use. Back in the day I was growing up it was all about Kirby vacuums as you could Get them rebuilt over and over and run them and run them. The Kirbys were heavy and clunky by comparison to the sleek Sanitaires though. The salesman said "these machines will last you 30 years." No kidding. I'm on my way to 40 years! Then after I married, quit the janitorial business and used two of the machines in my two story house and rotated in the third machine as needed. Once in a while, every five years I'd say, one of the machines get a noise, and needs a $20 service of cleaning and take apart to get a screw out etc. the new motor design "wuick release"
on some
Of these models for taking the motor apart looks like a great idea! So over the years, I've replaced a $20 vacuum bag a couple of times. I've put new brushes on the rollers a couple of times. New belts about once a year (4 bucks apiece) I broke one plastic vacuum body accidentally in a floor plug underneath a desk I couldn't see. I was using the vacuum hard. Not expensive to replace. One roller wore out//about 60 bucks. A few of the power cord
Clips broke (I put hose clamps over them to hold them onto the metal handle) Shoot, I'd rather spend a very few dollars incrementally as wear and tear takes a toll, keeping up these great machines rather than buy a new $200/300 dollar vacuum every few years. These Vacuums are very powerful and very reliable. All of them are
On original motors. Add a screw catcher Front bump magnet strip to catch nails, screws, staples, etc. buy a microfiber bag to catch all the allergens and filter out the dust. Works great! F&G backs are getting hard to find in a typical retail store. On line looks like s piece of cake.
on October 27, 2014
These are dinosaurs, but when you need one for a particular job, there is absolutely nothing better. Have used this style/brand for over 30 years, and love these sweepers. They are affordable, and really get the floors cleaned properly. Will definitely buy again!
on December 6, 2013
This is easily the best vacuum i have ever used. With all the other ones we could never vacuum up all the dog hair my dog leaves around the house. I use to vacuum for a long time and then go over it with my carpet cleaner and still pick up a lot of dirt and dog hair, now I vacuum quickly and when i use my floor cleaner it doesn't pick up what the vacuum was suppose to.

Pros
- Great build quality.
- Great suction.
- A safety stop so you don't break the belt when something gets stuck.
- Cheap replacement bag and belts(not that i need to replace it already i was just checking for future reference)

Cons
- No built in light for dark corners
- No attachments (but that could by why it has so much suction so i plan on getting a small hose vacuum for the corners)
- Not chain driven like my old vacuum so you don't have to worry about breaking belts (Although once again the chain driven vacuum didn't work well so that could have been one of its problem.)

Food for thought- If they added attachments and a chain belt the vacuum may not work as well as it does right now so I would rather it clean as well as it does than add those. I can't imagine why they never added a light though.
on October 1, 2015
I own a commercial cleaning company. This is a great product. Very good suction. Relatively light for a commercial vac, but well constructed and will last.

It would be nice to have onboard tools, but commercial vacs with that feature tend to break down very fast from our experience. Plus, they tend to be a great deal more expensive.

For a home or business, I would recommend it.
on September 15, 2014
I bought 3 of these vacuums. At 4 weeks the on/off switch came off two of the vacuum cleaners, - one day too late to return them.
One of them is usable as it was in the on position when the switch came off so we plug it in and it is on. The other won't work at all and we have a lot of small pieces of the switch. Of the 3 I bought, only one is still in one piece. They work well when working but the quality of that component is poor. And now I have to spend money to get them fixed after only 4 uses! So beware!