Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on February 20, 2010
I hate nursing pads. I hate that they get all wrinkly and folded over if you have them in longer than five minutes, and how they're all heavy and yellow when you take them out. I hate that you can see them under your shirt, and that if you forget to change them you get chafed and sore. That said, I hate Lansinoh the least. I systematically tried every nursing pad made, from all price ranges and brands, and these are the least hateful. They modestly hide under your clothing, and let me go to work with my mind on my job, not my blouse. They're very absorbant, and don't leave you with that nasty damp feeling, even if you forget to change them for a bit.
99 comments|257 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2010
I recently had my first child and started my search for a breast pad soon thereafter. I've tried at least 5 brands at this point. I started with the original version of these Lansinoh pads and they were very absorbant, but just too scratchy for my sore nipples. So then I proceeded to try several other brands that either didn't absorb much at all or didn't have any adhesive, etc. While trying to decide what I was going to try next, I noticed that the label on the Lansinoh pads said it was new and improved, "Now Even Softer"! Yay, just what I was looking for.

These new pads are:
1. absorbant
2. have two adhesive strips to keep them in place
3. are much softer than the original version I had tried in September of 2010
4. are individually wrapped, so I can pack them in my purse without worrying about them getting dirty and can only change 1 if I need to
5. I personally have never had a problem with them being able to be seen on me and the only time they have bunched for me is after feeding my son and trying to put the bra back into place, which would happen no matter which brand you use
6. I have also never had one break open
7. I have only had them leak once, and it was extremely full at that point (I had too much milk and was trying to wait as long as possible before pumping)

I guess I don't know how they could improve them much unless they found a way to keep them from bunching up while feeding a baby.
on July 19, 2012
I ordered the pack of four boxes of these, and I just finished using the first box. The box lasted me a little less than a month, which makes sense since I tend to use 1-2 sets of nursing pads each day.

I thought it was kind of funny how these are packaged--each nursing pad is individually wrapped in a special plastic thing that tears open down the middle. Then the pads are folded in half and each side has adhesive, with little papers that you remove. I don't know why each nursing pad needs to be individually wrapped...maybe to keep them clean on the go? I don't know.

These nursing pads work pretty well. When my milk first came in, I had to use them more frequently, but now I typically use one set per day. When I go to bed, if the set is still pretty dry I'll use the same set, and if they're obviously "used" then I'll swap them out. I leak more at night, so that system works pretty well for me.

I haven't had these fall apart at all, and I haven't had problems with them getting too full, except when my milk first came in. My only real complaint is that the adhesive is not really strong enough. This is sometimes frustrating, because when I nurse my baby, after she's done I try to get things back in place, and sometimes these nursing pads get kind of crumpled up, and the adhesive un-adheres from my bra, and adheres to itself instead. That's a pain.

So, I have three boxes left, and I'll probably just keep using these because they seem to get the job done.
review image review image review image
on August 30, 2015
This is the only brand of nursing pads I use. Over the course of about 5 years I've had 3 kids, I've tried many brands from off brands to well known brands and nothing compares to these! I've yet to leak through these, they have two sticky places instead of one, so if you have a nursing bra that folds down, it still sticks on and won't fall off or be hanging out. It stays in place, and fits small to large nipples, any nursing mother can use these. They're individually packaged and have a pre crease ( not sure if that's from their packaging, but I can appreciate it). Easy to open and stick to your bra :)
review image
on June 21, 2012
I thought I had mastitis bc these were so incredibly scratchy. Made my breast red, irritated and scratchy. UGH. My husband bought 4 boxes of these. what a waste. I put them up to my face and it feels like sandpaper!
on January 31, 2010
I got these for my wife. I had bought a small box at another store and she liked them, so I bought the 4-pack box from Amazon. It turns out that the small box I had bought earlier was an "ultra-soft" variant and the 240 that arrived from Amazon were the regular old sandpaper variant. My bad - I should have read the description more carefully. My wife tried to use them for a few days, but finally gave up and sent me out to get the good ones again. Don't get these, get the softer ones instead.
on August 7, 2013
I had a pack of these in the past that felt fine. However, this pack is extremely itchy and my skin is very sensitive to it, so I can't wear them. wish I could return.
on February 16, 2016
These are wonderful! I have been exclusively using these pad for two and half months. I am on my second purchase. They absorb well, individually packed, sticks well and they are the right size. I am so glad i bought these pads, saved me from leaking all over my clothes! I bought these after reading all of ur reviews, so thank u!
review image review image review image
on August 29, 2014
I really messed up buying this 4 pack! It mushes up in my bra immediately, and looks so bulky even without it getting all mushed up in my cup. The amount of time to just open the two pads is ridiculous. First, you take them out of an individually wrapped plastic, there you have two pieces of plastic wrap per pad, that cling to your hands due to static electricity (you'll see what I mean if you purchase these), once you manage to settle the four pieces, you un-glue a strip to expose glue part, twice per pad, 4 more pieces of statically clinging materials, flying over the room or on you. This was my nightmare in those odd hours and sleepless nights.
I ended up using the darn things for an improvised "pee cone" for my boy. It works okay catching that unpredictable squirt that inevitably happens during diaper changes.
I went with J&J brand, so much easier, and NOT curling up in a ball in your bra!
on June 27, 2015
Very necessary for nursing moms, especially when both sides letdown and there is leaking milk or when baby starts sleeping through the night but your boobs aren't. Tried the Medela disposable nursing pads but the sticky adhesive wasn't substantial and it kept moving or falling out of place. I like the Lansinoh much better. Feels comfortable and provides great protection. I did buy the "re-usable" cloth ones but prefer the disposable for the price and convenience that Lansinoh offers.