Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dirt Devil Easy Steam Mop with Bonus Pads & Glide, PD20000B
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Model Number: PD20000B|Change

on January 17, 2010
I bought this steam mop because I starting seeing them everywhere and curiosity got the best of me. I have no real complaints about this mop because based on the price, it does what it should.

I use it on tile, hardwood, and stick on laminate flooring. It works great on the tile and laminate/hardwood floor. However, on the stick on flooring, the mop has a tendency to stick, which is probably because the heat from the mop start to melt the stick on flooring.

When pushing the mop, it stays in contact with the floor but when pulling it back, it lifts from the floor. I have no issue with this and I simply modified my strokes and speed to account for it. The first time I used the mop, my floors were very wet but each subsequent session has proven to be right on target. The floors take less than one minute to dry.

I love that the pads are washable and that there are no chemicals involved. I use the mop every 2 to 3 weeks and it always makes my house smell fresh and clean. The first time I used the mop, I had to use both pads because they got so filthy. Each subsequent session, I have been able to do about 1000 sq ft with just one pad. I am pretty certain that the Swiffer was not getting my floors clean. Speaking of the Swiffer, the steam mop leaves a lot fewer streaks than the Swiffer and in both cases, my last strokes are with the wood grain.

One important note, the handle is a bit flimsy. Do not extend it to its fullest setting or you will feel as though you are going to snap it in half. I am 5'8 and I initially tried it on the tallest setting and that was a bit scary. I had visions of the handle breaking and me hitting the floor. I backed off one notch and it's acceptable now.

For 50 bucks, this mop is totally a good buy and if you have laminate/hardwood or tile floors you won't be disappointed. If you have the stick on type flooring you will not like this steam mop, although I am not convinced it is specific to this mop, as much as it is they type of flooring and how it adapts to heat.
33 comments|302 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2010
i was looking at other steam mops, like the ever so popular shark, but to my research and family experiance they arn;t that great..my grandmother has gone through 2 of them because the hose that shoots the steam out hte bottom keeps exploding inside of the machine.And i know this because ive take it apart and you can see the hose is just split verticly down the middle, and its done it on 2 different sharks (same model), only after a couple of months of use. so after that i said i wouldn't buy one.
So i bought this steam mop about 2 months ago...and it is still doing a great job...it cleans the floors without using chemicals. the one i got was the DELUXE one, it comes with 2 mop pads and one dust type one with microfiber fingers on it, it also came with the carpet glider...i use it for everything i even ajust it to the lowest small handle setting so it is compact size, and i do my coffee table and couches, because the steam has that germ killing ability. the reason for my 4 star review is because it doesnt come with a normal rectangle head, it has the triangle head, and also the handle at times "feels" flimsy, but nothing u cant over look.

FEB/27/2012 UPDATE:

WELL, I THOUGHT THAT I WOULD UPDATE EVERYONE.. I BOUGHT THIS MOP IN JANUARY 2010, AND IT AS PRETTY GREAT, HENSE THE GOOD REVIEW ABOVE. WELL AFTER MAYBE 7 MONTHS OF EVERY OTHER DAY USE, IT BROKE. WELL IT STILL WORKED, BUT AS YOU NIOTICE IN MY ABOVE REVIEW RIGHT AFTER I GOT IT, I STATES THE HANDLE FELT FLIMSY, WELL I WAS RIGHT ON THAT, THE ENTIRE METAL PART OF THE HANDLE BROKE AWAY FROM THE ACTUAL UNIT..WE HAD TT TRIPLE, AND QUADROPLE TAPE IT JUST SO WE COULD USE IT TILL WE COULD BUY A NEW ONE. IF THE HANDLE WOULD HAVE HELD UP, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT, BECAUSE THE ACTUAL MACHINE WORKED EVEN UP TILL THE MOMENT WE THREW IT OUT. SHAME !!
22 comments|121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2011
I got this for christmas and I LOVE IT! I have ceramic tile floors and was
sick of filling the sink and mopping and going back and forth. The regular mops
would leave water in the grout and just sit on the floor.
This baby gets hot within seconds and cleans like no ones business. It dries
really fast and leaves no water sitting in my grout! It is quick and easy.
My floors are squeaky clean!
The pads are much better than the silly swiffer that is hard as a rock. (I returned the swiffer after one use)
I would highly recommend this item!
Some people have said it tips when pulling backwards...it doesn't. You just
have to be smarter than the unit is.
It is awesome!
on February 12, 2010
This mop has made cleaning my hardwood floors so easy. I actually look forward to mopping now. It's easy to use and doesnt push the dirt around. The pads absorb the dirt, the water, and the floor dries in seconds. I love it. Buying the replacement pads can be expensive but I found out that the H20 mop pads are cheaper and they can be used with the dirt devil steam mop and they work just as well. Be sure to buy the dirt devil steam mop with the carpet glider attachment because it is NOT sold separately.
on October 14, 2011
Dont even bother with this mop, its not worth it! Very, very hard to push. It would not get the dirt out of the indented pattern of my vinyl no matter how long I left it on it or pushed it back and forth. Does not swivel, the head is an awkward design so it doesnt fit into small spaces, very difficult to get along walls with, doesnt hold very much water (it took 13 refills to do my kitchen and dining room and I have a small home). Very disappointed with this mop. Iam taking it back and getting to shark brand, it cost more but hopefully it will be worth the extra money.
on January 16, 2010
At first, I was excited to find a steam mop that was a good price, and because Dirt devil products are normally great, I felt that this mop would be a good fit. The mop was hard to push and pull. It would flop up when pulling back which caused too much water to left. If this mop was easier to push, and did not flop up when pulling back, I would prefer this mop over a shark.
11 comment|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2010
I have bought (2) Bionaire steam mops in the past and they both broke by the third usage. (Motor would not heat the water) Since I have owned several Dirt Devil products over the years and have been very happy with their performance, I did not hesitate to try Dirt Devil Easy Steam Mop PD2000. The steam mop worked very well for 32 days (approximately 6-8 uses). Unfortunately, now when I pushed the "on" button, the motor will not heat the water. (same problem as the Bionaire) Dirt Devil customer support wants me to return it to one of their facilities and the nearest one to me is 175 miles. That's all they are willing to do to solve the problem. My thought is that these steam mops have not been perfected and one should be very wary of purchasing one.
55 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2012
I just got mine today so this doesn't say anything for durability.

However, it worked great right out of the box. I didn't even bother to wash the pads first. I was too anxious to see how it worked! Quickly puts out lots of steam, easy to push, sturdier than what I expected. The water goes a little further than I thought it would. I mopped about 1000 squ ft and put water in it three times I think. Not too bad. I'd have at least changed my mop bucket twice in that time. I used all three pads that came with it. Dusting mop really is for dusting I think, and not cleaning. I'm going to get more pads. I can see myself using this frequently. I like the triangle shaped head, cleans corners well. Cord could be longer, but it's not that big a deal. My floor feels really clean and there was lots of dirt on the pads. My floors are vinyl tile - I see no evidence it would hurt them. Works best when it the tank is full, it starts to put out less steam when the water is low.

nice introduction to steam mopping.

ETA - one month later and still working like new. Steam is really fast, even tho I use cold water from my refrigerated filtered water. Floor does not get too wet as long as I change the pad after doing the dining room and living room. Fresh pad for kitchen. It gets so much dirt up I've taken to going over the floor twice. Within half an hour my living room, dining room and kitchen have been mopped twice and are dry to walk on. I also don't use the little funnel anymore to fill it up. I couldn't find it so I tried just the cup and it works just fine like that. I probably won't use the funnel any longer.
on March 30, 2011
Loved it for the first few times, then it ceased to create steam. Thus, the moral of the story is to save your money on this product and stick with something you know works.
on December 1, 2010
I Purchased this device, and my wife used it three times. After that the junk would not heat at all - just made humming noise. as stated used merely 3 times, and now it is at the city dumps.