Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on May 11, 2014
I bought the same size (2XL) and similar style of three brands of active mesh shorts with pockets: Russell Athletic (http://amazon.com/dp/B00719ZQG6), Champion (http://amazon.com/dp/B0036OS6LW), and Starter (found in-store at Walmart).

I typically wear size 48 or 50 (48 is typically snug, 50 a tad loose). All three of these products advertise 2XL as fitting sizes 46-48. Due to the stretchiness, I found all three fit more forgivingly than my typical size, but otherwise were true to size. All three are very comfortable.

For length, the starter are the shortest (but not embarrassingly so), Champion has a medium length, and Russell comes just past my knee.

All three are slightly see-through (Starter least so), but not enough so that anyone could see anything from a casual inspection, especially if you wear similar colors underneath. I got all dark colors (either Navy or Black), so YMMV with lighter colors.

Of the three, I prefer the fit of the Russell Athletic the most. Champion tends to slip down in the back, as does the Starter to slightly a lesser degree. Because of this, with both the Champion and Starter I have to be very careful of the weight I put in the pockets; putting in my phone, wallet, and keys will make both brands quickly end up on the floor, whereas in the Russell I had no trouble walking around carrying all of those items. I have not tried running with that much weight yet. I still like both the Starter and Champion enough to keep them, but I would buy Russell next time instead.
0Comment| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2010
I take two-hour walks daily and it is hot here in the summers so I need some shorts that will breathe and wear well when walking. I also want pockets that, for whatever reason, are a little challenging to find on exercise shorts. I'm satisfied with these shorts as they are not restrictive during walking and have a pockets I can carry my keys and iPod in. I've washed them several times and they have held up extremely well to use and care.
11 comment| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2012
I'm 5'9", 145 lbs, 30" waist, and small fits perfect. You can't get a better pair of shorts for what you're paying for these.
on December 6, 2012
Great shorts! They arrived promptly, are very comfortable, light, and fit great. I wear a size 32-34 jeans (US) and these shorts in medium size fit me great, perfect length. I can easily forget I am wearing shorts, they are so comfortable. I have worn and washed them many times and they are holding up great. The pockets have a good depth to them. Would definitely recommend these.

My only beef with these shorts is that the draw strings are really just one string and it's attached to itself in one big loop around your waist and it's a pain for me to tie it for some reason. I cut the loop to have two ends to it and also shortened it a bit, quick fix to a minor quibble.
on March 7, 2012
These shorts are great for the price - they are the perfect length, and they have pockets as well. According to the size chart, i was supposed to be a medium, but i had to go a size up because they were tight around my nuts.
on February 11, 2016
Does what it's supposed to do don't pass the knees and very light.
review image
on July 31, 2009
Comfortable, they work, love the pockets. Too long for my tastes but most people probably like it this way. I cut off the champion label for a more classy look. I ordered 4 of them.
22 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2010
I got the long version of these shorts hoping they would be longer but not wider in the legs. I think I just got a large size pair with a medium tag. The only thing longer than average about these shorts is the pockets. They are nearly as long as the leg, and if you have keys in your pocket, the whole short will swing wildly as you walk. Meh.
33 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2016
Incredibly sheer. I mean it's hard to believe there's a mesh fabric and a lining to these. Russell shorts tend to run a bit large but you have to factor in some shrinking with the elastic waistband in the dryer. The pockets are deep enough and nothing is scratchy. At 5'3" these cover my knee caps. I don't mind that they look rather cheap and run a bit longer (maybe an inch) than expected but it would be nice if they were so see through. Buy a dark color and wear long shirts. The photo is just holding them up to the window. Will probably purchase in store from now on.
review image
on January 1, 2013
These shorts do not have a liner in them, they are some of the thinner shorts that I have purchased. I gave them 5 starts because this is exactly what I wanted them to be.

I work out in Florida, and these pants are heavy enough to hang comfortably off the waistband but they are not so thin that they stick to me when I sweat.

They have 2 side pockets.

The only small improvement I would like to see on them is a better drawstring. They have a single "loop" drawstring that you can pull tight and knot (or bow) to hold them in place. This is very easy to use and works just fine, but I prefer a shoestring drawstring as they are less elastic and I feel like they provide a little more control than the drawstring in these... but it's not worth docking them a whole star for it.

I got a pair of silver ones and they're not very reflective. I would refer to them more as "very light gray" than "silver."

If you're here and you've gotten this far down in the reviews, let me make it simple: Pick them up, they're good pants for the price.