Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Haier HL40XSLW2 White 40-Inch Ultra Slim LED 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 23, 2010
We love this t.v!!!!!! It looks beautiful! The stand is also very attractive. Picture is amazing. Only complaint is the speakers do sound awful. We thankfully have have ceiling speakers. Otherwise, we'd be really disappointed with the sound quality. Overall ~ we'd 100% buy this again!!!!
on September 4, 2011
I looked at the Sony Google TV but settled on the white Haier because the white frame is so beautiful and looks amazing on the wall in a minimal white space. Incidentally, I got the Sony Google Blu ray Player to use with it for easy Netflix movie viewing and other features and am very happy with it. The mounting process was a little tricky and we had to try a few mounts because the Haier TV has mounting screws towards the top vs. the middle of the TV. The cord also has to be folded behind the TV for an in-wall plug and I was surprised the ultra-slim model didn't allow for flush mounting due to the cord getting in the way but it still looks fine mounted to the wall, just not completely flush-mounted to the wall as I had hoped. The operation is pretty easy. I have to admit I am not a fan of true high-definition because it's too realistic and actually makes every movie look like a soap opera which I think looks worse than traditional Film and TV. But the picture is crisp as it should be and I will surely get used to it. The sound is not terrible but it took adjusting the settings (same for the picture) to get it right. What can be frustrating is trying to adjust the picture quality because the control menu takes up almost the whole screen so you can't see what the picture really looks like until you exit out of the menu. I have heard Haier customer service is terrible so I hope this TV will be reliable. I am new to the world of HDTV and watched movies on my MacBook prior to purchasing this TV so I am still figuring out all of its features and getting used to it. If you are looking for a sleek, white TV this is the most beautiful one on the market at this time.
on August 19, 2011
I have searched for almost a year for a white flat screen TV. I had no idea how difficult THAT would be! I needed this to match my beach cottage decor.
I finally found this TV on Amazon- and ordered it. The price for the 40" slim was under $1,000. Shipping to Alaska is always high--so $260 added to shipping was no big surprise (and to get what I want I pay it). A huge surprise is that it came 2nd day air- and arrived at my doorstep 2.5 days after I had ordered it online!!!!
It looks amazing, has easy to understand set up, and the images and sounds are outstanding.
This is a wonderful item!! Gizmos for life is the company that actually had it in stock.
Wow!!!!! Thanks
on November 24, 2011
I bought my Haier earlier in 2011 and I have to say the picture quality is INSANE... i feel like the actors are in the room with me. The sound quality is not great. My old Sony had far better sound. this is the kind of sound where the speakers are behind the tv and the sound bounces off wall. However, at high volumes it sounds a bit tinny and thin. I'd suggest getting some external speakers to hook it up to.

TV broke down six months after I bought it, and the customer service department is jacking me around. They have been dodging my calls and making up excuses for two months now... I doubt I will ever see my TV again. Really useless customer service! I do not recommend buying from HAIER.