Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

VINE VOICEon October 12, 2010
These are the best shoes I have owned in a long time. I got them on sale at REI (they don't carry them anymore, though) and have been wearing them almost every day now. The lambskin lining is like butter and the outer leather is high quality too. I mostly wanted to get a pair of casual shoes for work that would stand up to a fair amount of walking on my commute. The ventilation system feature seemed kind of gimmicky at first, but it really works. That said, I did experience some water intusion as I walked through a puddle on a rainy day. It didn't seem like that big of a deal to me, but if you live in a wet climate it might be an issue you want to consider. Overall, I would totally recommend these shoes to anyone looking for a comfortable, stylish pair of casual shoes.
Here's my Pro and Con list:

Pros>
~Extremely comfortable out of the box; wear them all day from day one
~High-quality materials & workmanship
~Feet stay cooler
~Modern styling

Cons>
~Water does intrude into the air vents when walking through puddles, so these are fair-weather shoes only

SIX-MONTH UPDATE:
So far, no changes to the previous review; stitching is holding up nicely and soles are not wearing too fast. Most of all, they are still comfortable.

ONE-YEAR PLUS UPDATE:
Shoes are still wearing well, considering I wear them almost every day. I just purchased another pair of these to replace the originals when they finally do give up the ghost, since Clarks will probably at some point discontinue them. I looked at some other Clarks unStructured shoes that are similar design at a department store, but they didn't seem as well constructed as these.
0Comment27 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2011
I'm a teacher, so I am on my feet on hard floors for a good portion of the day. When I need a new pair of shoes for school, I do not shy away from price. This was my first pair of Clarks shoes and I am impressed. First, the stitching and "lines" on the shoes are high quality and give it a very edgy look. And they were extremely comfortable right out of the box! They fit very well to my feet. I have wide feet but the Clarks had plenty of room. And, after a few days in the classroom, I knew that I had a winner. It has very good arch support yet they are not heavy, "clunky" shoes. I have been impressed so far and hope that these shoes last a long time.
on April 7, 2010
The main distinction of Clark's "Un.", or "Unstructured", series is the air circulation system that is built into the shoes. I am one of those whose feet sweat a lot and my feet can get uncomfortably hot in some normal shoes. Although somewhat skeptical about the product claims I bought a pair of Un.Coils and Un.Dentons at the same time: I am very favorably impressed. I would say these shoes have reduced the amount of moisture retained by my socks by about 50%. The shoes are very comfortable, soft, flexible, and seem to be very well made. I am quite happy and am now a big fan of the "Un." series.
on October 1, 2011
On my feet all day as a salesman and these are the best shoes for me. Super cushioned and comfortable right out of the box. Non marking sole if great as well. Highly recommended.
on November 17, 2012
I bought these shoes right after I got married 3 years ago. I've worn these shoes for everything, from work, to outdoor activities, to 20+ mile bike rides. These shoes still look great. I've kept them maintained with ceder wood shoe trees, and regular polishing.

My only regret with this shoe is that I feel I bought it one size too big. Clarks shoes run bigger than most. On sneakers I'm a size 11 wide. When I tried an 11 when purchasing, It was a bit big, so I got a 10.5 wide.

From the start, there was no break-in period. It fit perfect. However, the lambskin leather over time gets slightly softer and stretches and thus it has become a more loose fit.

I wish I bought a 10 wide, then it would be perfect.

To compensate I wear thicker socks, which feels fine. After 3 years, I think these shoes have at least another 2 years in them.

If you're going to buy Clarks, make sure to get 1 size smaller than you usually get. It may be a little snug in the beginning, but it'll stretch out to a perfect fit soon.
on July 31, 2011
This is the second pair of these shoes I have gotten. They last forever and are a comfy daily work shoe.
on April 7, 2011
It is hard to find shoes that will work for my problem feet, without looking dorky. I've had severe arch problems in the past and need a solid, almost running shoe base. Every shoe I've seen in the past that is meant to be a casual dress shoe for problem feet has looked incredibly dorky and un-stylish. This shoe definitely meets my stylish needs. In the function department, they feel really good and have worked fine for long walks day after day on vacations, but I do wish they had a slightly thicker base. Overall I'm extremely pleased though... this is my 2nd pair.
on April 26, 2011
Clarks has done it again with these high quality shoes. They are very comfortable out of the box and fit really well. Sizing is very accurate. I am sold on the Unstructured line and highly recommend them for anyone looking for true comfort. I own the Un Coil (black) and two pairs of Un Furl boots (black and brown). Let me add that the leather is amazing. Buy these you won't be dissappointed!!!
on March 5, 2010
These are the best shoes I have owned in a long time. VERY comfortable and wear has been fantastic. I work in an office sitting in a cubicle most of my day, but still usually wear through 3-4 pairs of shoes a year with either the sole wearing completely through or the back inside of the heel leather coming apart...but I have now had this pair of shoes for ~9 months and there is very little wear.

PROS: Very comfortable, little wear, leather still looks great, and I like to looks of shoe.

CONS: Really not much...only minor thing is one of the "Un" logo/tags came loose from stitching after about 7-8 months, but that is it.

I am definitely going to by another pair of these shoes someday, which is why I was looking at websites for any sales. Don't need for a while, but just want to make sure I get another pair of these shoes.
on June 15, 2011
I've been purchasing Ecco shoes for years because they fit me so well and last so long. Recently, I saw this style of Clark's shoe that I liked, so I tried on a pair. They felt terrific, so I purchased them. I am so satisfied with this shoe that I bought another pair in black. They are tremendously comfortable and look great. The Amazon.com price was quite reasonable compared to brick-and-mortar retail outlets. This is a great shoe!