on August 11, 2014
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
Sorry folks, I posted my review below for a different listing by the same seller. Both listings had the same exact single image and opposite product titles when I purchased them (one headset from each listing at slightly different pricing and with different product titles. Link to this listing follows: OEM RIM Blackberry Stereo Hands-free Headset with On/off Button for BlackBerry Curve 8300/ 8310/ 8320 - HDW-14322-001

While these may appear to be similar to an authentic Blackberry earbud headset, they are not. I used a Bold for four years followed by a Curve for two - this is not the same as the authentic headsets that came with my brand new Blackberry phones of recent past years.

These have a substantially larger and thicker build all around and appear to be made well enough - although time will tell. These completely lack the much more polished "refined" design of my authentic Blackberry headsets. The earbuds on these advertised Blackberry Factory Original or OEM headsets are substantially larger. Their earbuds are identical - meaning that both R and L are the same without any distinction in shape, while the authentic version earbuds are more fitted to each respective ear. The backs of these OEM earbuds feature silver pyramid-like adornments, of which are not present on either of my Blackberry headsets. The OEM cord melds together much higher around the neck - leaving far less slack for movement in stark contrast to the real deal. The photo looks like an authentic Blackberry earbud headset, but, clearly - they are not the same.

I can hear through them which is a good start, although, I have yet to test its mic. The earbuds are uncomfortable due to their larger size, but, I bought these for the hands-free speaking-option rather than listen to music or media. Under three bucks with fast free USPS shipping/tracking - packed safely in a bubble envelope - definitely something to consider; although, I am not happy that these are a knock-off product being advertised as an authentic Blackberry headset (totally misleading as false advertising). Before receiving one set, I ordered another from this same seller (different listing with different price, but, same single image as mentioned above) as a back-up pair. My back-up headset is the same exact knock-off product as the "OEM" model.

I contacted this seller (Seller1ON1) about advertising this headset as a genuine Blackberry headset (which is totally misleading as false advertising) and shipping out a counterfeit product. Their customer service is prompt, pleasant and efficient. They sent me a replacement headset, and, unfortunately -- it is also the same identical counterfeit Blackberry headset. Based upon my principle of getting what I paid for (in this case, an authentic Blackberry product), I filed an A-to-z claim and was refunded my purchase amount in the form of a gift card.

I thought these would be real after reading reviews, but, alas - I returned to re-read those that stated such. These much older reviews must reflect a time when these were indeed authentically Blackberry. If you check out this seller's (Seller1ON1) storefront and search for Blackberry, you will discover the multiple listings this seller has for the same pair of knock-off Blackberry headsets with different product titles, images and pricing.

I nicked four stars for being a counterfeit Blackberry headset.
on April 28, 2013
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
what i wanted. I originally had a blackberry before I went android. The blackberry phone may have been a throw away..but their headset beat all others. I replaced my Razr crappy headphones with these babies...they out perform all the others.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 29, 2010
Verified Purchase
I use this heaphones whith my Iphone 3G and it works perfect. The bad part is that this product breaks very easily. But for the price it is still a good bargain. I bought 5 of them for $6 and free shipping. You can't beat that.
on May 17, 2011
Verified Purchase
My friend who works as an engineer at a cell phone company who tests radiation from cell phone use has warned me on potential dangers of holding your phone to your head. (I know there's no definitive proof the radiation is dangerous enough to warrant action, but better safe than sorry) I decided to purchase these again in response.

The item is cheap and made cheaply. I've owned a couple of pairs before and they all broke. But I blame myself; they're obviously cheap and I should have been more careful with them.

I recommend wired headsets to bluetooth headsets: no radiation, much cheaper, and uses less battery life from your phone.

Everything works: the mic works fine and so does both ear pieces. If you're very careful, it'll probably work for years.

Things to note:
The jack that goes into the phone is easily broken. I always tape that area up with electrical tape. It prevents the area from snapping.

The ear pieces are very prone to falling apart. If you don't have both of them in your ear, one of them can easily get caught in things like your desk. A quick jerk of your head when the piece is caught will shatter either/both ear pieces. I suggest using both pieces at once, keeping the unused piece tucked somewhere (perhaps into the neck hole of your shirt), or cutting one of the ear pieces off where the line meets the mic. Or you can just be super careful.

I also suggest using the little foams for the ear pieces; it seems to help the longevity of the headset.

The headset is super cheap and made in a very cheap way with cheap materials, but everything works well. The sound quality is fine: not worse than what comes out of a smartphone ( I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 ). The mic works very well, no one ever complains that they can't hear me. As far as I know, no one ever realizes I'm not holding the phone to my ear.

If you plan on using them for music, they will sound awful.

Overall, I suggest getting these if you usually hold your phone. They're a super cheap way to limit radiation exposure to your head and free up your hands.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 15, 2013
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
The headset is excellent. Great sound quality, loud enough. One problem, the plastic on the headphone comes off quite often and it is annoying. Otherwise, great product.
on February 14, 2013
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I just got these and compared them against some bluetooth microphones, and these are much better. About as good as the desktop microphone that I have (Logitech USB mic). Really quiet (obviously you have to not have the mic rubbing on your clothes or anything) for $3 free shipping.
on November 9, 2011
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
Received it promptly. However, this is NOT OEM by a long shot. Build quality is mediocre... fortunately, it works ok.... we'll see how long it lasts. A year ago - had gotten some better quality one for less $$.
on November 30, 2011
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I Received the Blackberry factory earbuds, they worked well for one week and after that they just completely stop working properly. I had Blackberry earbuds before, when I owned a Blackberry phone and those worked well! So what happened, if these suppose to be the original factory ones???
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I have a tendency to lose headsets so I bought 4 of these because of the low price. This buying strategy has occasionally brought me some real dogs but I have been very pleased with these so far, especially since I have already lost one of them.

My first consideration was whether the microphone would work with my LG Optimus Android phone. Thus far it has been fine and listeners have had no difficulty hearing and understanding me. This includes the android voice recognition

The sound has been fine, in fact, much better than I had any right to expect with a headset this cheap. It comes with two tiny sponge bud covers that were a royal pain to install but muffle outside noise a bit and help to prevent the buds from falling out of my ear, especially when I am exercising.

One of the features that I like the most is the very generous 54 inch (140 cm) length from plug to buds. I often put the phone in my pants pocket when walking, running or cycling (keeping one ear free for safety) and the cord on my last headset was so short that it regularly unplugged itself from the phone or the buds would fall out of the ears.

The only real complaint I have is fairly minor: The alligator clip provided to hold the cord onto your shirt is very cheap plastic and broke almost immediately.

Because of the quality and value, it is an easy five star rating for me.
on November 28, 2014
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
The build quality of the headset and microphone are average. But they do a great job for what they are. The microphone is very sensitive and the headphones sound very good. I haven't had any complaints from people on the other side of the line other than the microphone is so sensitive that the rubbing against the seat belt or against my shirt makes a harsh scraping sound. Use the clip when you're using the microphone is recommended. I have purchased three sets of these and one set for someone else. I have used them now for a few months. The microphone quality is superior to anything that I've used so far. It has a nice, crisp presence. Other Bluetooth units and microphones that I've used are muffled but these have a nice quality to them. definitely recommended, & I would buy them again!

My only criticism is though, the button works fine for terminating the call or even initiating a call on my samsung galaxy 2, it does not seem to want to work on my Motorola MOTO G. But, of course, that's not the fault of the microphone as much as it is the functionality of my moto G.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations