on April 12, 2010
Using the provided antenna, this TV gets no reception inside buildings with walls made of cement and steel. I tested this inside my apartment complex and inside the building where I work. This TV may work fine inside your home, but it is unlikely to work inside a public hurricane shelter. I had to go outside to have the TV do a scan in order for it to create a database of stations. Even then, it only picked up just a few stations. I own a large HD antenna, which made this TV work a whole lot better, but if I have to evacuate, I'd rather not bring the antenna with me. I was hoping that the little included one would do the job. It just doesn't.

This TV uses a specialty battery. No information about it is provided at all in the customer manual, especially as to how long it will run on a full charge. As a result, in the event of a major storm knocking out power, you're going to need to have some kind of backup battery plan. If you choose to get spares of the included battery, they will cost you somewhere between $30 and $50 (according to a well-known national chain of battery stores).
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations