Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 11, 2012
These are getting harder and harder to find but are well worth the searching. If the old clip on is more of a nuisance than a support, You've got to go with the button style. I absolutely love them. I've been using them along with the bachelor buttons which you install yourself with a hammer and a hard surface. Don't use Carrhart's buttons though use the Saw Mill Logger's buttons because the Carrhart buttons will work you to death when trying to insert through jeans or heavy denim whereas the others can be pressed right thru with your fingers and then tapped with the hammer to complete the rivet style connection of the two button pieces. I've used these button and then Carrhart suspenders for over 10 years and they are comfortable you NEVER have to worry about pulling up your trousers! End plumbers butt forever! I just wish that they had them in more colors and were a tad longer for us taller guys but not a major problem compared with the alternative!
on May 15, 2013
I ordered these suspenders and buttons separately thinking they both needed. I would like to note, these come with 1 set of 8 buttons.

The suspenders are installed the same as any regular button suspenders. The dual button connection on the front adjusts to the width you install them, so don't be afraid to separate them out a little.

I would recommend these to anyone that needs a more reliable may to hold their pants up,
on April 16, 2013
Well made, and way more comfortable than a belt. Got tired of pulling up my pants. Some of you youngsters should consider giving these a try. Just saying.
on May 25, 2013
The discount stores sell suspenders that last a season or so and then stretch out and become useless. Carhartts keep their stretch and strength much longer. The clip-on type have sturdy hardware, and the button-type have thick hinged leather ends and include a set of buttons for your jeans. I hope they never cut back on quality.
on November 5, 2012
Robust suspenders - just the thing for holding up ski pants. The leather benefits from conditioner to soften it - makes it easier to fit to the buttons and lasts longer.
on January 21, 2014
Very good suspenders I got these and the carharrt buttons just a note the suspenders do come with one pack of buttons. The leather on the suspenders is a little stiff at first but will break in as you wear them for a couple of days. For the buttons the instructions say hit with a hammer to join the two pieces but I found it easier to take a pair a pliers or vise grips to put them together because it is easy to bend the part that you hit with the hammer if you dont get the two pieces lined up good. I put the buttons on all of my work pants. The suspenders are great if you dont like a belt cutting into your waste all day and the elastic is great I see it holding up for a long time before I would have to get a new pair.
on April 2, 2015
These are the braces that might have been worn by coal miners or foundry workers a century ago, except the straps were probably made of canvas back then, rather than elastic. "Substantial" says it all. I reckon these are about size 46, long enough to fit a 6-footer.
I don't trust the hammer-on buttons they include; I can pull them apart without much effort. I learned how to sew the buttons on myself, and so can you: Use 5/8-inch 4-holed buttons that are slightly convex on the back. I sew them on the inside of the waistband so the buttons won't get snagged or scratch things (which was the reason I stopped using clip-on suspenders).
By the way, "Why do firemen wear red suspenders?"
(BTW - click on pic below to see enlarged view)
review image
on May 31, 2013
I WAS BLOWN AWAY BY THE QUALITY. I plan to order another set soon.

Compared to the other brand I bought recently, these are yachts to the other's kayak.

Leather straps are a bit stiff, not as difficult to attach as my other suspenders with fake leather. I'm soaking them in OIL knowing they will loosen up to perfection and will go on and off easy. Straps are wide and like all suspendees need adjusting, but less frequently than adjusting a belt, and less frequently than my thinner stretchier suspenders. They forks are riveted and need to be pulled to adjust to my button spacing.

Belt is one solid color black/dark blue look. I like them with that simple look. The contrast makes the tan leather stand out too much...oiling the leather will fix that.

My favorite pair of suspenders were white with a BMW logo and those looked great but were hard to keep clean. I like the solid dark blue and they go ok with jeans. Still, I'd like more choices in colors and patterns for variety now that I have found my brand, I can purchase with confidence.

I'm 6'4' tall with a long torso and these are not too small ( too short) for me. I can't understand the comments on size. Those musr be competitors trying to knock their superior opponent. Ignore those comment.

Buy with confidence. Purchase several. You wont be returning them because of quality issues. I'm looking for another pair in a few moments and wish I had not bought the other brand.

The provided press on buttons were a nice extra.
on September 2, 2010
I used to be a firm believer in Carhartt but it seems the quality of their products have taken a turn for the worse. These suspenders are a classic example. I didn't even get one days use before the leather tore. Not sure where they're having these manufactured but it seems they are looking more at price than quality.
on January 3, 2013
Tried the first pair for keeping my pants up while losing weight. I liked them enough to get a second pair. The quick install buttons that come with the suspenders make it very easy to ware them. The buttons go in as fast as the YouTube videos show and are very comfortable compared to gripping type suspenders. They also do not damage the trousers/jeans the way the teeth of the clap type do.