Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on June 6, 2013
This fits in the bay for the optiplex ultra small form factor. I had an extra D bay drive and it didn't fit in the bay of my optiplex 755. So I decided to try this and it fit like a charm. I turned on the power and it was recognized right away by the bios. It works well and gives me the option of burning dvd's instead of just a player.
on August 13, 2011
What is there to say, it's a DVD player and burner. I purchased this dvd to replace the original CDROM that just up and stopped working one day. It burns disc no problem and it plays dvds equally well. Fits my Dell D610 notebook just like the original. I have no complaints about this drive at all.
on December 22, 2013
it works. its cheap. what more can i say. i cannot justify paying full price for a new one on an older machine that has some issues already. but it will do for my needs as a secondary machine to use in case my standard machine, acer 5300 laptop, stops working.
on February 17, 2013
This replacement DVD/RW optical drive fit perfectly in the laptop and is actually better than the original drive, which was a CD-RW/DVD ROM combo drive. However, about a week after I installed it, the laptop's screen died, so I wish I hadn't purchased this product. My point being that new laptops have become so inexpensive that it's no longer a sensible idea to spend $100 for a replacement optical drive and a battery for a 6 year old laptop. For about $370 you can pick up a new Dell Vostro with a dual core processor, 500 gig hard drive, 4 gigs of RAM, and an LED-backlit display.

This DVD/RW is a nice product at a good price, but unfortunately the Dell "D" series Latitude laptops that it is designed for are now so obsolete that it makes little sense to repair or upgrade them.
on January 11, 2013
I want to replace my old combo drive on my dell latitude d600 because Windows 8 dvd and another dvd did not work although they are brand new.
The shipment is fast and the drive was new and the windows 8 works perfect.
Thank you for Amazon and Seller.
5+ stars for both of you guys
on September 6, 2012
Needed a new drive so the computer could burn DVDs. Drive's working fine and my computer is happy.

Ooops! Amazon says this review isn't long enough.

Okay, I like the drive too. Me and the computer are both happy.
on July 17, 2012
This product was sold as new. It was not. The contacts had a lot of wear on them and there were scratches. They gave me 25% off which was easier than sending the thing back. I regret it now because it does not always work anymore. I will never do business with this company ever again.
on July 22, 2014
I bought the drive from a supplier listed on Amazon.com. The drive was a pull, but fully tested and in excellent conditions.
I also tested the device, and I have no complaints: the drive works as advertised. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase, also because the price was reasonable, considering that the device is a few years old. Thank you Amazon.com!
on August 23, 2012
Purchased this product for my Dell Latitude D620 as my old DVD-Rom stopped working. I highly recommend this product, received as described. It works perfectly well, playing DVDs/CDs as well as Burning. Very Good Product with reasonable Price. A++++
on March 1, 2011
Ordered one for my Dell D620: Less than a week later simply slipped out old dvd-rom and slipped in burner, added the drivers to my os and started burning (works fine)! Good deal on good drive.