Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on August 7, 2010
I bought these Headphones for running and had very high expectations. When I first got them out of the box I was impressed with what I saw, however this didn't last long. When i first wore them I found they just would't stay on, once I bent the ear hooks to suit my ears they did manage to stay there but didn't take long to work their way out again whilst on the run. This does prove to take a bit of mastering to get right but is achievable in the end. When worn on my longer runs I found my ears to be quite sore and painful when taking the headphones off. The sound quality is OK, it's crisp and very clear but there is no bass whatsoever and quite painful to listen to at the top end. Ears ringing is never a good sign. Yes they are water and sweat resistant but once they do get wet this effects the sound quality quite dramatically and takes about two days to get back to normal again. Bit of a bummer if you run every day. I wouldn't recommend these headphones for comfort and sound quality reasons however the volume control proved to be very handy.
on July 13, 2012
I bought these headphones yesterday (12 July 12) and put them through their paces on a moderate pace 5 mile run, then an ab and pullup workout. Bottomline: I spent more time trying to figure out a comfortable way to wear these headphones than I did focusing on my workout.

I have used tons of different earphones over the years. The OMX-680 by Sennheiser may be the worst engineered and overpriced headphones I've ever used. For context, I workout 5 times a week with a mix of distance running, crossfit, and weightraining. I require a headphone to do two things:

1.) Stay in my ears while working out (1/5 stars)

* The clips do not mold and stay in position in a way that securely fixes them to my ears. I tried using all variations of the air clips and foam pads to get a fit that sould help this issue. I molded and remolded them several times, but any time I sped up my pace significantly, the jolting pulled them right off my ears.

* The cable is one of the worst engineered disasters I've ever seen. It comes in two parts. One piece has the ear phones and the cable which reaches down to the top of my stomach that can be connected to a music device. This piece connects to volume control clip and a second wire that connects to your ipod or other mp3 player. The first piece is too short by itself to use for working out, unless your ipod is on your arm. When connected, the two wires create a clumsy fitting device headset that is hard to comfortably put anywhere. For instance, the clip on the back of the volume control is set in a position that makes it difficult to find a place on a workout shirt or shorts to attach it. When allowed to hang loose, the weight of the volume control clip bouncing up and down repeatedly caused my already loosely secured headphones to fall off.

2.) Sound relatively decent across a range of music (i like a mix of rock, hip/hop, and techno for workouts) (3/5 stars)

* The sound quality isn't terrible on this device. Bass is a little weak, but it is definitely not 10 dollar JVC ear bud bad. However, this is a $43 dollar device and the sound was not nearly as good as the free ear buds I get with my ipod. In fact, when I finished my run, I went straight back to my car to take off these headphones and put on the extra ipod headphones I had been using.

At the end of the day, you can buy a $20 dollar set of headphones from walmart that perform significantly better than the OMX-680 by Sennheiser.
on January 5, 2011
I bought these recently for my workouts and I just cant say enough great things about them. I workout for about 2hrs 30 minutes per day doing both weights and cardio

Over the last 12 months I have used a pair of Sony sport headphones, sansai earbuds, JVC ear wrap style, Shure's (most expensive pair I have ever bought)and these are the best

Sound is grt, comfort is grt, volume control is grt, max volume is awesome

Signed a guy with not big ears
on March 6, 2015
these headphones have been nice. I really like that they're water resistant and durable. I originally thought the bass was pretty amazing but if you're not using the foam pads to get a nice tight fit in your ear the bass response is just ok. The Apple earpods actually have better base response but don't stay in your ears while running. These do a really good job of staying in your ears while running and are very comfortable if you can get them bent to your liking. I seem to always get one side super comfortable and am not able to get the other side to match. I don't use the volume rocker because I like the shorter cord being able to plug directly into my arm band without getting in the way.
on May 29, 2011
I am a runner and on occasion I like to run while listening to music. My ipod is clipped to my waistband and it is very difficult to control the volume while running. I found these earbuds on Amazon and I am very pleased with them.

The earbuds are comfortable and came with several different sized attachments that you place on the ear piece that make for a better fit, or you can just insert them the way they are with no attachments. The cords coming out of the earpieces are the same length. I hate those earbuds with one cord shorter than the other! The volume control device comes as a seperate plug in component which means you can use them with any set of ear buds you have. The volume is controlled by a dial instead of a button which I think is great. The product also comes with a seperate clip on device that I attach to my shirt and it keeps the volume control button within easy reach while I'm running.By the way, the sound quality is way above average for similarly priced earbuds. They sound great!
Also included is a small velcro sealed bag to store all of the goodies in. I highly recommend this product for runners or anyone who wants an easier way to control the volume of their device.
on July 21, 2015
This is my first experience with sports ear phones and if this is the best I can do, it will be my last. I have had other Sennheiser ear buds and liked them very much, but these fit awkwardly, buffer other sounds in the gym poorly while delivering sound that is merely OK. Disappointing.
on October 17, 2014
Great headphones, durable, decent sound quality. I even ran a pair through the washer and dryer without realizing they were still in a pair of shorts, and they still work. The cord isn't the same, it is kind of a curly cord now, but the fact they still work amazes me.
on January 28, 2013
The OMX 680 over the ear headphones are great workout earphones with fairly good audio sound. The over the ear design assists in keeping the ear buds in, however on some occasions they may fall out if not well secured but has not been frequent or an issue to me. The ear hooks are bendable to assist in a snug fit.

The sound quality while not stellar is decent, but I am not looking for audiophile concert quality sound while working out.

The 4 stars is because this is the second pair I owned, the first one after 9 monoths developed a loss of sound in one ear likely due to many days of sweating into them. They are sweat resistant (and I do a sweat alot when doing cardio) but salty moisture and electronics eventually are likely to cause an issue.
on June 22, 2014
I've got many headphones,some over $100 some $10. I sometimes wish I never bought the expensive ones. The sennheisers I've got I never spent to much on. They always seem like the best for the buck. I've had beats and they were stolen. That's why better to have cheaper ones. I look for sales and amazon always has those.
on August 17, 2011
Same experience as one of the other reviewers, only earlier. After 3 runs, the left earphone quit.
Sennheiser online help of little use. What use is a guarantee if you have to drive at least 500 km to have it honored? I'll save the time and gas and look for a better alternative.