Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on March 2, 2010
Although Panasonic naturally has new things in mind for 2010, the company clearly felt a `last hurrah' for the existing generation was in order. And so we have the HDC-TM350, a limited edition update of the TM300.

There are essentially three differences between the two models.

1) The TM350 has taken advantage of the ever-decreasing cost of flash memory, and now comes with 64GB instead of 32GB. This means it can store over 8.5 hours of footage even at the top quality setting.

2) The other two differences to the TM300 are less immediately obvious. The Advanced OIS image stabilization has allegedly been improved, so the Active Mode is more effective at smoothing out the effects of a walking cameraman. Active Mode is an extra OIS setting.

3) Panasonic also claims the image processor has been tweaked for mildly improved low light performance.

As the market has shown, in the beginning of 2010 the TM350 is still selling for over $1,400 and looks like it will remain in that price or even go up until they run out of them, so by the middle of this year you won't be able to fine any of these (at least NEW) for less than $2000. On the other hand Panasonic will introduce 2 new models (HDC-TM700 / HDC-HS700) that will have similar look, similar features but will be capable of recording in 1080p HD!!!!!!!
review image
on November 22, 2010
We purchased this camcorder as we wanted the added memory that didn't come with the model currently sold in the US. The quality of the recordings is as indicated in other reviews - very sharp, high resolution, handles outdoor shots and sports very well. Low-light performance was more uneven and I think the competing Canon model does better there from what I've read. I needed a camera for more outdoor active shots so this did the trick. Great battery life, easy portability and comfortable to hold. Overall, not a disappointment, either with the product or the seller.
on June 30, 2010
I got to tell you that if you are looking for the best camcorder ever created by Panasonic this is the one! The low light is the best on the market, sound quality insuperable, very portable, and easy to use. The only criticism I have is with the included software because it's too basic for editing & only helpful for transferring data to your PC, this is why I'm giving only 4 stars to it.
on November 20, 2010
Great product. Everything I had hoped for. You can pull the videos off in .MTS format and import them to video editing software or convert them to other formats like MP4 for uploading to the web or loading into iTunes.

Amazing HD picture quality. I was deciding between this and a Flip Video device. I wanted quality over portability, and definitely made the right choice.
on March 9, 2011
I owned Panasonic PVGS200 before and ever since I switched to this one, no regrets. Just the other buyers do not go complaining about; this particular unit makes clicking noise and that is due to giro it has which helps render image stability. It is not broken piece but it is supposed to make that noise in order to function normally. I would recommend this camcorder.
on December 8, 2010
I'll be the first to admit that I don't know a lot about video cameras, but I find this one to be easy to use. The camera takes nice high-quality video and pictures, and the image stabilization seems to work nicely. Zoom works smoothly, but you can hear the "click" of the zoom slider on your recorded video. Built-in microphones work well. I have been very impressed at how the camera can take reasonable video and pictures without a flash in relatively low light (we used it in the NIC-Unit after the kids were born) - you lose some resolution (pictures a little grainy), but the camera adjusts to the low light level and at least lets you get a decent picture. Really like the way you can take still-shots while recording video. Battery life is good - especially with the optional larger battery. The only "issue" with this camera - and it's not a fault of the camera - is that the still-shots and video are of course in an HD widescreen format - this means that many of the digital picture frames available will end up cutting off one or both sides of the pictures when they are displayed. Playback of video on the camera's built-in display works nicely - the maximum sound-volume level from the built-in speaker is a little low though - small not very powerful speaker - it is clear though. The software that comes with the camera is reasonable to use - it does seem kind of slow though (switching modes/directories/authoring) - a faster PC may help that. The software also doesn't make it obvious where it puts your pictures and video on the PC hard drive - if you want to use other software you'll need to go looking for your footage and stills.
The Amazon partner who actually fulfilled the sale shipped the camera very promptly and had it packaged well - I would recommend both this camera and the supplier.
on July 8, 2010
The camera is great. However, I wanted to use it for making how-to videos, and my recordings are made in a quiet environment. Upon playing back the first few test recordings, I kept hearing this noise, and I wondered if there was something in the room making it . . . like a computer fan or maybe the printer. But no, it's the fan in the camera itself. This is really a little incomprehensible to me, that a camera in this price range would have a microphone that picks up fan noise from the camera itself. From other reviews, I can see that this is not a problem for others, especially if you normally record in a relatively noisy environment. However, if you record in a quiet environment, you will get a constant background noise when you play it back . . . and this is the noise from the fan. I returned the camera because of this. It's unfortunate, because I like everything else about it. Having the constant drone of fan noise in my videos is just not something that works for me.
on October 3, 2010
The wide angle is poor on this one, and for the extra price you only get more memory really. Save yourself $600 and purchase the Panasonic HDC-TM700. Great wide angle and almost all the features. Oh yeah, better resolution as well, and Panasonic HDC-TM700 has better low light quality. See for yourself.
[...]