Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung UN19C4000 19-Inch 720p 60 Hz LED HDTV (Black)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Periphery Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 21, 2010
Samsung quality.... Great picture. Fits the kitchen perfectly. Can't say I know difference between this and an LCD picture in the same size, but happy with the choice.
Caveats:
*Many reviews question sound quality on small TVs. I don't have a problem with it (it's the kitchen) and there are 4 settings to change the clarity. If listening to music, you would notice a lack of bass.
*Had been told you don't need HD on small sets, wouldn't make much difference in picture quality. Not so. Use it in HD, the standard cable feed was terrible. HD is wonderful.
*Many reviews rail about the lack of tilt on small TVs. This one is 90 degrees straight up and that's it.
*Need to watch from directly in front of it. Can't see it clearly from off on the side.
*Didn't realize it comes with picture-in-picture. To get it to work, however, I have to have a dvr recorder installed by my cable company. Will do eventually.
on January 23, 2011
Brought this television for my kitchen. Biggest problem in setting television was getting the plug to stay in. The picture on this television is as clear and as sharp as anything I have seen. I have no problem with the sound. I would highly recommend.
on March 28, 2011
Bought this tv online based on other's reviews. The picture was difficult to see from most viewing angles. The sound was out the rear, so the cubby I had in the kitchen was not suitable at all. In the end, I gave it away at work.
on June 4, 2010
The is a great TV for an RV. It takes less than 4 amps to run the unit.
Picture is great. Sound is acceptable. Only con is that there is no Signal
Strength meter for aiming the TV antenna. I am very happy with the TV so far.L
on January 10, 2011
I have had this HDTV for over a month. Wanted LED for low power consumption. I mounted it on an actuating arm in the kitchen. TV appears much larger then a 19" monitor on the wall. Some reviews complain about sound. I have both over the air HD and U-Verse connected to the TV, both work great never take volume past 1/4 volume. It is plenty loud for the kitchen; I can hear it over the sound of cooking and completing TV's on the floor. Only time I have trouble viewing the screen is directly under it or from the extreme sides. Very pleased and would buy again.
on April 27, 2012
I wish that I had read all the reviews before I bought this TV. I have another Samsung and it has wonderful picture but I agree with the reviewer who said the colors on this set are awful. They are really awful. People either look bright orange or pale gray and, overall, the screen is dark. I have been working with the picture adjustments for several days (color adjustments, backlight, brightness, flesh color, etc. etc.). I can get an almost natural skin tone on one channel for one program, but when I change channels or when a new show comes on, everthing has to be readjusted. I've thoroughly read the manual as well as several articles on line but I just cannot get this set to work right. The picture/color/tint options on this tv are signficantly harder to set than my other Samsung, or my LG or Sony for that matter. Among other things, the menu for adjustments blocks so much of the screen you cannot see how your adjustments are affecting things until you exit out of the menu and then you have to start all over again. I am going to call Samsung to see if there is some magical answer and, if not, this set is going back. As much as I hate the idea of packing it up and going through the hassle of making a return I can't live with the picture on the screen that I'm getting. I still believe in Samsung. Maybe I just got a lemon or maybe this particular set is just not good.
on February 20, 2011
This television has the worst colors I have ever seen. The picture looks very dark even when the brightness and contrast is set to max. I am HIGHLY disappointed with this item. NEEDLESS TO SAY...I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT!
on May 26, 2012
I love my tv. has an exceptional picture and I can watch a lot of videos that I download from the internet..I have "fun" getting the chip in sometimes with it but other than that it's a great tv.
I like that you can also plug your computer up to it (though I haven't done this yet)
I haven't messed with the different modes yet but they seem cool.
I also like that it's lightweight.
on November 4, 2011
My second Samsung. Already have a 37" that I purchased about a year ago, great sound and picture quality. Will recommend this to anyone in the market for a smaller television.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2010
Excellent picture, easy set up,sound leaves something to be desired. Still, it serves the purpose I bought it for very well.