Top critical review
8 people found this helpful
Buckle Issues and Other Pros and Cons
on October 30, 2011
- The Darth Maul figurine that comes with it was a nice bonus, and when combined with the watch makes the cost of this purchase reasonable even with some problems with durability.
- The face design is cool, my 8 year old loved it and it was a good thing to draw attention to the face while he tries to master telling time.
- The colors are nice looking, and the lego block design caught the eye of many other kids.
- The buckle is problem #1. It doesn't hold very good on an active 8 year old's wrist. They have to know the first thing he will do it put it on and mimic using a light saber, and the slightest bump and the buckle gives way.
- Overall cheaply made, from a Dad's viewpoint. It appears to be even cheaper material than standard lego blocks, only making that judgement by feel and appearance. But, it is low cost at around $20 for the watch and figurine, so a person could argue that you're getting what you pay for.
- After a few weeks the Darth Maul character is the only thing still being used. He can't even tell me where the watch is in his room, and he was anticipating it so much he drew a circle around the anticipated delivery date.
If I had it to do over again...I would probably still end up buying it. Because when a kid wants a Darth Maul watch, that's what you get him. And a more expensive version would probably end up damaged at my child's age.