Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 27, 2011
For the price of these buds, I didn't really expect much from them. I was just looking for a replacement pair of headphones after my Altecs burnt out after a pitiful two weeks. I use my buds alot and I carry them literally wherever I go. I could be going to the mailbox and I'd bring my music with me for fear I may get a craving. (It's an addiction, music is)
Taking them out of the packaging, I noticed that the cable from the buds to the input was extremely sturdy, not like the flimsy cable that you usually receive, for example the cable from the in package Apple headphones you get in your iPod package. I've had these buds for MONTHS and I haven't had ANY problem with them, period. No popping in the headphones, no detached wiring, nothing. Usually headphones last me a month at the most, these have lasted me 7!

The sound quality on these things are astounding, especially for bass heavy songs. On rare occasions, the highs get a little painful but that is my only complaint, everything else about these headphones are top notch.
on May 5, 2011
Accessories: The M2 is the cheapest of all the M Series models and it's accessories reflect that. It comes in a tube rather than the normal MEElectonics box and includes your standard small, medium, and large single flanges and recently MEElectonics has also started including a pair of double-flanges--another sign that MEElectronics listens to their customers. That is all for for the accessories though.

Build quality: Good for an IEM in the M2's price range. Housing are made of metal, something not commonly found amongst similarly priced IEM's. Their weakness lies in the glue holding the housing to the nozzle. I had my first pair of M2 break here while trying to change the tips. MEElectronics promptly replaced them though and the second pair is still going strong--a nod to MEElectonics customer service. The M2 uses the same cable as all M Series earphones making it easily the best cable I have seen on an IEM at this price. My only complaint about the cable is that it has bad memory. I suspect this is due to the cable tie it came wrapped in was too tight and left kinks in the cable. The cable is a little shorter than the other M Series cables at 4 feet--still plenty long enough for me despite being rather tall at 6'3. Cable reliefs are nothing more than clear PVC, but they seem to do their job as I have had no problems yet. On the other end of the cable my MEElectronics M2P-BK Sound-Isolating In-Ear Headphones with Microphone for iPod, iPhone and Smartphones (Black) (mic'd version) terminates in a 45 degree plug, I believe the M2 has have 90 degree plug though.

Comfort: A little awkward due to the cone shape design. The large nozzle causes minor discomfort for my small ears. However, using a tip that inserts deeper in the ear like Sony EPEX10A/BLK Hybrid Replacement Earbuds (Black) or the double-flange helps greatly (and improves the seal). Otherwise, the M2 is very light and very comfortable.

Isolation: I am a poor judge of isolation since I mostly listen in quiet environments, but the M2 is probably not the best at blocking out noise due to the large vent.

Sound quality: the M2 is very impressive for such a cheap IEM. No, it is not even going challenge IEM's three times its price, but it will out do other IEM's like the JVC Marshmallows and Skullcandy Ink'd. Bass is dominate, but all in all the M2 is one of the most balanced budget IEM's I have heard. The bass is punchy and far better controlled and less muddy than the Marshmallows. Unlike the other M Series IEM's, the M2 is not V shaped and the mids are not recessed. The highs are not quite as prominent as the highs of the other M Series models, but they are still very much there and have a nice sparkle. Sound stage is about what you would expect from IEM this price, nothing special, but nothing terrible either. Clarity may be the biggest strength of the M2 boasting more than I would have though possible from IEM of it's price.

Conclusion: Really, the M2 is a great deal. The only problem is that the M9 can be had for only a few dollars more when on sale. Because of that I have a hard time recommending the M2. Probably only reason I would get the M2 over the MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating In-Ear Headphones (Black) is the mids of the M9 are just too recessed for some music whereas the mids of the M2 are fine. That or when you just need a disposable headset for your phone.
on March 6, 2014
I sleep with these every night and they are small enough to not get caught on the pillow and the cord is heavy duty. Even has a clip but I don't use it and it can be moved out of the way. Perfect to sleep with!
on January 21, 2015
Amazing what you get for the price. Clarity and bass. I have purchased $20, $35, and $50.00. Once I got to $50.00 I can say they was a comparison. I needed a second pair but did not want to spend $50.00 Friend at work said try these on. I did , and was sold. I will purchasing one for everyone in the family.
on April 9, 2012
I've been using these little ear buds for about six months now. They have held up very well considering the amount of abuse I dish out. I tangle them up, step on them in the morning after dropping my cd player on the floor before falling asleep at night and yank them to pick them up at night as I'm going to bed. I really appreciate the assortment of the sizes of the nylon plugs they came with. The smallest fit great. I recommend them!
on October 22, 2014
These earbuds last longer than any other I've ever owned, and I've gone through at least half a dozen pairs. I put them to trial too, carrying them in my pocket at all times. Usually earbuds last about 6 months before the connection between the wire and the jack gets loose and you lose sound in one of the earbuds, unless you hold it in the exact right position. Then the other goes, and they're useless.

But these have never broken, at all. I think I had my last pair for a year and a half before I lost them, and I've had this pair for 6 months. The wire can get a little stiff over time, but that's the only slight downside I've noticed. I'm not good at assessing sound quality, but I've never had a complaint on that front either.
on October 1, 2012
PRO: best durability for ear buds ever (real 6month+)
CON: Can't tell you anything about sound quality, I am not great fan of music, and mostly used to listen audio books and/or radio stations with it.

Never saw ear buds able to serve at least month for me.
It took 6 month for those to die finally.
Accidentally I tear off one ear (it hooked into table when I tried to stand up), and other ear continued to work few more weeks after that!
And price range doesn't tell you about durability at all. I tried even more expensive ones (20-30$) they worked for couple weeks or less for me.
Bought few for me and my family.
on September 19, 2011
Headphones are good value for their price. However, When i first received these headphones, they were sort of broken. If i moved the wire at the headphone jack, it would cause the music to stop in both earphones. However, this was not a major deal for me since it rarely happened. If it wasn't for this minor issue, i would have given these headphones five stars. I am not an audiophile so i obviously can't go into greater detail about the sound quality. However, i am quite content with this product and has served me well for the past five months.
on July 9, 2014
Sound is crazy good considering the price tag. For that matter, they sound better than some of the high-end sets I've tested out at the store. I like the cable, seems like it will hold up better than the usual flimsy rubber set-up. Didn't come with a case but for five bucks, who cares?
on July 20, 2011
I would have to say I love these headphones. In the past I have some very cheap and some quite expensive ones and these are up there with the more expensive ones. Great build quality and great sound quality. I do a lot of driving about 1000kms per week and have them constantly in my ears. I purchased 3 of these and also 3 of the M9P-SL which are also great as they isolate the constant car/road noise. I use them with an Iphone so that I can drive and talk and the built in microphone works just as good. The kids loved them also as they have great bass. Only had them a couple of weeks but so far would recommend them to anyone. Great price, great headphone, what more could you ask for?

See 1 answered question