Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on August 22, 2010
This timer does a good job for a device (light, etc.) that you want to turn on/off once each day. It won't handle more than one cycle in 24 hours. The battery backup works well to save the settings if there is a power failure. You have to plug it in to set it (the battery doesn't seem have enough power to handle the set up process). If it will be placed in a hard to reach area, set it some place else, then move it. Bottom line is that it does a good job of what it is supposed to do.
11 comment17 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2012
I used to use the wheel type timers for my lamp, but they get very noisy and lose time.
This one is working fine and I don't hear it until it actually clicks on or off.
Seems reliable enough. Not designed for grounded plugs.
on January 10, 2012
Purchased two of these timers. Upon receipt, one of the two timers did not work and would not retain time. Changing batteries did not fix the problem. I guess the phrase "you can be sure if it is Westinghouse" means you can be sure of trouble! Look elswhere for digital timers! This is made in China and it shows.
on December 26, 2011
Easy to set it up, just plug it in, set the on and off time and done. As easy as it could be. Very happy with it, works fine so far.
on January 19, 2013
You must press the on and off buttons at the same time to engage the timer, It must say clock to the left of the time to run on auto. This info is not in the directions.
If you read the "Manual Override" step 3 this is missing.
Once I figured this out it works fine.
I gave 4 out of 5 stars for this info being vague.
on December 19, 2011
This item worked for about 2 wks and after that it still kept time and clicked as if it was working but it never would cut power to the outlet. It now is in the trash. Save your money. Don't purchase this item.
on November 26, 2011
I was looking around for a timer to control the lights in my house with the day becoming darker earlier in the evening and not wanting my dog to be in a dark empty house for a long time. The timer was pretty easy to set up: set the current time, set the time to turn on and the time to turn off. Then I just plugged the device (for me, a floor lamp turned on) into the timer, and the timer into the wall socket. I've had this installed for about 9 days now without any problems.

I can't speak for the other two negative reviews (especially the one about not getting the product listed) but I've wondered about a power surge ruining the product so I'm contemplating if I should run it through one of those travel sized surge protectors. I'll update the review if my assessment of the product changes.
on November 15, 2012
The thing has one function and it does not do it correctly. I guess it could work as a clock... but it does not turn power on.
on November 17, 2011
I used the product once. It was pretty easy to set, and what I expected. A few days later when I went to use it again it wouldn't turn on. I checked the batteries, hit the reset button, tried different outlets, and nothing. If you buy this keep the packaging. I figured what could go wrong with such a simple device, so I discarded the packaging. Now I'm stuck with an $8 piece of plastic...
on September 2, 2012
I have a had a few light timers and this is a very easy one to program. It lasts a long time and although large, is slimmer than other times I have had so it can be hidden behind things pretty easily