Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on May 20, 2011
So I just wanted to give everyone a heads up with this monitor. It arrived pretty quickly and in perfect condition. I went to go set it up and was awfully disappointed when I attempted to tilt the monitor back; it didn't budge. After toying around with the idea of sending it back and getting a different monitor I did a little research online to see if I could buy a tilt stand to put on it. During this search, I discovered a blog someone had posted about how to make that monitor tilt. It was super helpful and I am excited that now I can keep my monitor!

When you receive your monitor and take it out of the box, grasp the neck of the stand firmly with your right hand and use your left hand to tilt the screen From The Top. It is important that you hold the monitor in place well and put the force at the top. If you try tilting the screen with two hands on the sides (like most monitors) it won't work.

I hope this is helpful and will save many customers from returning their monitors like I was intending on doing!
22 comments18 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2010
Display is clear and color is appropriate. Controls and on/off switch are a pleasure to work with, and are not mechanical buttons; all that is needed is a light touch of the bottom center of the frame, based on whether you want to turn on/off, activate the menu, etc. I set up at default res of 1600 x 900. Assembly and stand setup are easy. Screw holes are on the back for wall-mounting purposes. Plug it in and you're in business in two minutes. Available at wholesale club for $139.99. There is no LCD TV capability, but Samsung includes two different types of cords to connect the monitor to the signal coming from the PC/Mac.

I bought a same size and similar Samsung monitor for the same price as this (and from the same store) some months ago. I reviewed it here. This newer model is improved in that it is easier to set up and use.
0Comment22 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2010
Picked this monitor up today from Sams, for same price as others state, currently 119. Setup is a breeze, with included DVI or VGA cables. I use DVI and it auto-synched to 1600x900.

Excellent picture and resolution. I had to turn down the brightness a bit, it was too bright out of the box.

Others have said that it doesn't have a tilt function for screen - not true. Tilt is built into connection at back of monitor, vs. in the stand. It works just fine.
55 comments16 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2011
I checked this monitor out at BJ's ($139.99) and can report that it in fact does tilt. I did it myself so I can say I have hands on experience. It tilts at the point where the stand attaches to the back of the monitor. You just need to apply some force. I ultimately passed on it and bought an HP S2031, also a 20" widescreen monitor at Staples because it was on sale for $99.98...otherwise I would've bought this Samsung as it was my first choice. Although I don't own this monitor I'm giving it 5 stars to bring up its rating from the reviewers who rated it low because they were unaware that they could tilt it. Hope this clears up the "...it does not tilt" issue.
on November 24, 2010
Love this monitor. I bought the monitor to replace a VGA monitor, as I bought a new two DVI port graphics card. I own a SYNCMASTER 2233, which is also great. So now I have duel monitors that are both DVI - Digital. I did not get another 2233 because; I did not have enough room for two 22 inch monitors. The 20" B2030 cost about $150.00, which is a great price. Not sure what it is called, but the on/off switch and other adjustments are touch screen/ heat sensitive buttons, anyway they are very cool, as there are no moving buttons, which can break down. Also, I was surprised that Samsung included a DVI cable, I planned on buying one, did not have to. I highly recommend this monitor. - Looks great also. I do not have a problem with the fact that the monitor does not tilt, as it is set at the correct angle for my computer desk.

One other note: I discovered a problem with the SyncMaster 2233, (the DVI port was not working properly). So, I called Samsung. Who sent a pick-up UPS label via email and I shipped out to get fixed. The monitor came back the after only ONE day fixed. Shipped Monday and it came back Wednesday. Wow, amazing warranty service.
This monitor by Samsung is a huge improvement over the monitor I was previously using. The picture clarity and the ease with which you can tilt it are two excellent features; and setup was a breeze--just secure the monitor into the base using a small extension that comes up out of the base, plug in the monitor and go! There was really nothing much else to do as regards to setup even when I used the CD that came with it.

Other great things about this monitor include the easy to touch, sleek "buttons" that quickly respond to a relatively light touch--as another reviewer notes, they are not the type of buttons that stick out or are unattractive, instead they are there for you to see under the screen without distracting you in the slightest. You can easily adjust the brightness and do much more with hardly any learning curve.

Overall, I highly recommend this monitor. It has a very high quality picture; and that's important since people spend so much time looking at the monitor screen! You won't be disappointed!
on March 25, 2011
Going from standard 18 inch CRT to this 20 wide screen is amazing and is good looking unit. Some people are not buying this monitor because they think it does not tilt--it does. Before forcing my screen back to adjust it I went to Samsung web sight and checked their info, it says it tilts and so I adjusted mine. It adjusts behind screen at attachment to the stand. Other reviews have covered performance of this unit already. No built in speakers so you get more of a monitor. This was an excellent purchase.
on September 26, 2010
Just bought this model from Sam's Club and got it up and running in just a few minutes. Looks great. The only thing I didn't like about it was that you can not tilt the screen. It is locked in only one position. I didn't know they still made flat screen monitors that way. But for the low price I just put a small piece of 3/4 inch wood under the front of the mounting support to tilt it back. Tilting it like that looks totally unprofessional but it works. Also, no built in speakers, but if you have your own sound system like I do, who needs those tinny sounding little built in ones.

Update (6-24-11): Amazon sends me notification of any comments that are added to my rewiews, so when I received a comment from Marne Gleason that it tilted for him I went back online and went over the reviews. So many people wrote that it tilted for them as well that I decided to throw caution to the wind and put some muscle on the monitor and sure enough it moved without breaking anything. I'm now much happier with this purchase.
22 comments4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2011
The size is perfect for us - may be a little large for some areas but we love it.
The color and clarity are awesome.
The touch screen very easy to operate.
What more could we ask?
on November 9, 2011
We got this from Amazon Warehouse deals for $103. It was like new...with shrink wrap, etc. Set up was a breeze, It was working in no time. We used Windows Control to set up resolution to 1600 by 900. The only software we found useful was multi-screen. Looks good. I enjoyed the online brightness or whatever..as you change you see the different settings. It is CLUNKY to use the monitor (versus software) to change settings. But we did not like 53MB for software. The auto setting works pretty good.

Maybe we got this cheap because other users sent it back thinking it does not tilt (he he he).

Nice to know the DVI cable auto sets this to 1600 by 900 optimum res. I used the 15 pin blue video cable.

You Tube has videos of how to use multi screen.

Other users...please keep the hints coming. Love it..and thanks for reviews. I trust them and Amazon.